Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ruinator

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Check out the new leg piece Avant Cuisses NQ is +7 STR +10 attack +20 hp, the HQ is STR+8, attack+15, DA+2, HP+25. The NQ doesn't cost much and I am sure will drop in price after it's been out for a while as it's crafted.
    (0)

Player
    I'm still leery that Ruinator has an attack penalty that will become apparent the instant it's used on a Voidwatch higher-up or simply hasn't been adjusted yet because the Development Bros are forgetful creatures. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out that Ruinator had an attack boost originally and that was removed or that the fTP was just lowered a bit.

It's very rare that the Development Bros say "We're going to make this thing worse." and then fail to make that thing noticeably worse.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorror View Post
    Check out the new leg piece Avant Cuisses NQ is +7 STR +10 attack +20 hp, the HQ is STR+8, attack+15, DA+2, HP+25. The NQ doesn't cost much and I am sure will drop in price after it's been out for a while as it's crafted.
    Also, they're made using Synergy from materials that are dirt cheap. So if you have a bro or bro-ette who is into Synergy and has the right crafts, getting the +1's for very little cost is very possible.
    (0)

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I use the NQ Avant Cuisses for a WS piece now. Before that I used Jingang Hose. When I have more gil I'll probably invest in the HQ one at some point. I'm happy with Ruinator. Fully merited it always does more then Rampage on anything from EP to IT. What annoys me sometimes is that it I have seen spikes close to what my DRK can do on Torcleaver inside and outside Abyssea save triple and double procs lol Either way, I'm happy with it and if you spend a lot of time on bst I'd recommend getting it.
    (0)

Character
    Ecoop
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    5/5 unlocked for this weaponskill and using strength build i was doing 1000-1450 almost every time with spike dmg weaponskills at 2500 about every 10 weaponskills inside dynamis on ep mobs. Rampage was doing 800-1500 with spike dmg around 2k on same mobs. The 5/5 was unlocked in an afternoon, so I believe it was worth it. The consistency of the dot makes it worth it to me. Now i will try to get the best ws setup and do some more test with different gear swaps.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I still dont understands why people still think it's worth getting other than what else would anyone do with all the overflowing EXP/Limit Points when your 1million LP ws only matches up to a WS that we've learned many levels ago.

Yes, it gives you somewhat more options but for 1million LPs?
    (0)

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    A million takes at most 3 to 4 hours with a good abyessa pt. Stop complaining.
    (2)
    Last edited by SNK; 12-20-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Thankx, avant+1 definitely look like the way to go. the avant are good enough until the +1's pop up. I'll completely drop the teutates for these as well.

funny thing, on the jingang hose, I saw the zanshin effect and thought "not for bst" so I completely forgot they even existed.
    Althogh recently I upgraded my sam to subjot levels jsut to tinker around w/ bst/sam and 2-handing..
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    So if you have a bro or bro-ette
    pardon me. Hijacking this thread to profess my undying love for you.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I kind of wanted to use bst/sam or bst/sch to mess around with entropy just for sh*ts and giggles lol I have more other important things I should do before I do something as silly as that though.

5/5 Merits for a ws isn't that long to do lol I have work, school, gym, going out, visiting family for the holidays and still found time to do it in two good sittings for a few hours each time. How is that not worth it for a better ws which I feel has better skill chain properties then just simple old rampage and does consistently more damage.

Don't really play DRK much anymore so I might shoot for Tachi Shoha, then shun, the polearm one, or maybe apex arrow.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    I still dont understands why people still think it's worth getting other than what else would anyone do with all the overflowing EXP/Limit Points when your 1million LP ws only matches up to a WS that we've learned many levels ago.

Yes, it gives you somewhat more options but for 1million LPs?
    It's generally better than Rampage. It's certainly not as much better as I'd hoped, but it is better in many situations which is more than can be said for options like Requiscat.

Ruinator is not the awesome weaponskill I was hoping for after eons of disappointing or situational axe weaponskills. It's not the improve that Last Stand or Tachi: Shoha are. Still, better is better, whether it's by 50% or just 10%. I'll eventually be upgrading it because it's better.

Also, I've read that gorgets and belts increase the fTP of all hits of Ruinator. The testing gives me a wobbly feeling because it also shows that the fTP remains 1.0, which would make Ruinator the first example of this phenomena in a weaponskill without a <1 fTP value. Nothing about the test seemed suspect, though, so hopefully Ruinator is just special.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast