Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts View Post
    Because we all have the space and money to waste on those..
    Because there should be emphasis to SE to allow us to stack the items we already have like they already allow for things like ammunition and ninja tools.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Plus, we're not talking about the actual summoner themselves, but for the avatar to heal themselves. Granted if it were to be aoe, that'd be nice. But wasnt what I was addressing when the idea came to mind.
    Do you really know how that'll turn out?

Using MP to heal the avatar specifically through a job ability? Or for avatars to have an out of place healing ability? Some one already did the "inb4 resummoning avatars" but... seriously, resummon avatars or make and sacrifice space for healing items that exist currently.

And here I go saying something incredibly stupid, but there shouldn't be an inventory restraint issue on SMN. Gear swamping does very little for SMN than it does for other jobs aside from switching staves if you have them. But you know, keep telling yourself that gear swamping makes you better than the rest.
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tatts
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well when not everyone has the time to make the trial staff that -perps for every avatar, it takes 8 spaces to have a staff, nq or hq for each avatar. And then theres the fact that some people have extra items, (like garuda's head piece, diabolos rope, etc) that they like to use. And other gear for other purposes, BPD, -perp, -BPdelay, MAB+, etc. So if your preference is to not gear change, that's on you, but personally when I have 7 jobs that I have geared up, there's a problem with space for me.
    I also macro'd in soulscourge and MAB for merited moves, augur pants for more -perp outside abyss, and I have actual cure macros that I use similar to my whm's with my facio briualt for cure pot+. So I guess me using all of that doesnt help in any way in your preference?
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Well when not everyone has the time to make the trial staff that -perps for every avatar, it takes 8 spaces to have a staff, nq or hq for each avatar. And then theres the fact that some people have extra items, (like garuda's head piece, diabolos rope, etc) that they like to use. And other gear for other purposes, BPD, -perp, -BPdelay, MAB+, etc. So if your preference is to not gear change, that's on you, but personally when I have 7 jobs that I have geared up, there's a problem with space for me.
    I also macro'd in soulscourge and MAB for merited moves, augur pants for more -perp outside abyss, and I have actual cure macros that I use similar to my whm's with my facio briualt for cure pot+. So I guess me using all of that doesnt help in any way in your preference?
    Detracting from the actual topic at hand. But please tell me you do make use of the porter moogle and other equipment storing npcs, or at least a mule. Maybe I'm being presumptuous since I only use three of the five level 95 jobs I have so I don't really have an inventory problem as often.

Going back to the original point, most avatars will seem out of place with a healing blood pact: ward. Fenrir included. SE has given us was to get around that. Dawn Mulsums. Healing and Clear Salve temp items. With inventory constraints, it makes sense to petition stacking these items. Though I'm sure they're gonna look from a "preserve the balance" standpoint. Never really understood why stuff like potions, ether, and elixirs had become more situational use than having a common place in our inventories...

Anyway~
    (0)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    well fo healing why can same element heal them ?
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    well fo healing why can same element heal them ?
    Balance issue. Against certain, single element using enemies, avatars would be pretty much unstoppable.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    would like to see an ability like this...

Lv99: Avatar's Lifeforce
    Fully recovers Avatars HP at the cost of 25% of Summoners Maximum MP
    Recast 5 minutes

would eliminate the need to recast however takes alot more MP away from the summoner than a simple recast would do anyway and as stated by the devs the direction they plan on taking summoner is for them to sit back and actually manage MP while avatars do their thing, in abyssea i find it almost impossible to run out of MP playing summoner which is too easy, this option will allow MP to actually drop while giving summoners what they want.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tatts
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes but you must also remember that theres outside abyssea problems.
    And agreed on the absorbing same element. too many NMs spam usually one element.

And gear wise, I use all of my jobs, and am now gearing up my drg and war that I recently got lvled and skilled. So with the jobs I have, and gear swaps for those as well, I have maybe a maximum of 12 spaces when I'm not holding pop items or ninja tools/food.
    //

As for it being out of place, I know alot of people want them to be similar to the story and everything, but it would be nice to heal them outside of items. "Free" if you must from having to restock on ethers, muslims, and etc.

And I just decided to suggest the cure cause I thought it fit Fenny, being as he's connected to the moon. And the idea came to mind after being with my bf's blu too much.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Do you really know how that'll turn out?

Using MP to heal the avatar specifically through a job ability? Or for avatars to have an out of place healing ability? Some one already did the "inb4 resummoning avatars" but... seriously, resummon avatars or make and sacrifice space for healing items that exist currently.

Space isn't always readily available when fighting as summoner. This is where these medicines shine. At least they are in the game.. but please stackable to 12 and lower that cooking skill requirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    And here I go saying something incredibly stupid, but there shouldn't be an inventory restraint issue on SMN. Gear swamping does very little for SMN than it does for other jobs aside from switching staves if you have them. But you know, keep telling yourself that gear swamping makes you better than the rest.

Yes it was incredibly ...... well.. not too bright. You mean to tell me you do your merit BPs in physical atk gear and vice versa.. and you think this contributes little? This is BAD thinking. You do know how our af3+2 set bonus works right? .5-1.5-2.0 multiplier to our damage on blood boon proc? Why wouldn't you make your base damage for this the most you can?

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD

I see you have a caller's pendant, a mujin Obi, an esper stone, a terestia's cape and soulscourge.

So tell me.... Do you do heavenly strike with your mujin obi and caller's pendant on? Looking at some of your gear I might be able to guess why you think gear swapping might not be worth it at all.

Use heavenly strike with an esper stone, terestia's cape, caller's sash, Shareevradi +2/3, Edilon pendant, diamond earring (pet mab + aug). For giggles, toss in an augmented Redingot, augmented Zenith boots... or use meteor strike and put on a Fervor Ring.

Here's an example I just did myself! Lizards Konsch highlands, outside abyssea

3x Heavenly strike 300%tp(no MAB gear at all. af3+2 5/5 and skill/mp gear): avg. 2195 dmg
    3x Heave nly strike 300%tp(Full af3+2 5/5, terestia's cape, caller's sash, esper stone, eidolon pendant, shareevradi +3): avg. 2748 dmg (The beautiful thing about magical BPs is that they are so ver consistant barring a bloon boon proc.)

553 more points of damage is inconsequential to you? Imagine if Blood Boon procced and a good one! 2.0 multiplier!! The difference in abyssea is even more apparent.

Tell me do you also not bother to swap in BP timer sets? Cutting your timers down can mean the difference between winning your fight or wiping... this is also a gear swap.

WS also need gearswap. I have a Hvlgermir when I don't bother to swap out mp gear sets for the ws at 300% tp I Get around 900-ish mp back. When I swap out gearsets to mp, I get back 1400mp (1600-1800 MP in abyssea). Should I also not bother to swap gear here either?

Trust me, you /will/ see a difference in damage and wonder why you even made this statement. This claim that gear swapping does little to smn is on the same paramount plateau as Dallas "Smn melee can out dmg war" in boldness.
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Xbox 360 player here, Tannlore. I do gear swap but there's massive restraints on my macros. >.> No, don't tell me to get a PC. I'm working on that already but it's not high on my budget priority list.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast