Character
    Seyes
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Few ideas

Hello guys

First of all, forgive my bad english ; I'm french. I post here because the french forum is less "alive" Well, let me present you few ideas that I want for smn.

1. Spirit + favor = ?
    Yeah, why spirits can't get an add effect when they're under favor ? A friend of mine told me an idea that I found cool : put a spirir under favor could do a weather aura ^^
    The three first tier (based on smn skill) could provide weather x1, the next others weather x2.
    I really think that it's an idea that dev's should think of. What do you think about ?

2. Avatar Elemental resistance joke...
    Do you think it's normal that our avatars have less resistance than a slug ? Really, they are like tiny elemental gods but they can be kill by their own element... It's stupid... More now we're near lvl99. In other hand, I understand they can't give them an absorb effect... But I really want, at least, a full resist proc rate system based on smn skill. Higher your smn skill is, higher your avatars will 100% resist their own element.

3. Astral flow : Ward
    Why avatars could only show us their might with offensive action ? When Alexander was release, I began to imagine that all avatars should have a defensive Astral flow. I propose two paths :
    - Big elemental protection for 2-3 min. Example with Shiva => enblizzard II, baraero like shiva one, ice spikes, INT+ based on Shiva INT.
    - Special action for each avatar (Benediction-like for Carbuncle, HP-MP max % boost for Diabolos, full negative status effect protection for Leviathan, etc.

4.New avatars
    I pass the Atomos section and Bahamut dream lol... I don't want Bahamut if you want to know, because I think that Bahamut must stay a "too might for us" avatar ^^
    Well, however, let me show my thoughts about elemental logic problem : we have one avatar by principal element, two for dark and.... only ONE for light ! And well... which one... our little tiny Carbuncle... So we really missed a new real light elemental avatar and this one could be...... Fairy.

Yeah ! Fairy. I'm not really a good designer but I think her like a mix between "giant pixie + Artemis goddess" and here are few of her abilities that I want for her :

- BP rage : an anmesia attack (i really want this !), a REAL light magical attack, a good ranged attack (I imagine her with a big bow so maybe all her attacks will be ranged)

- BP ward : RR2-ga, Regen3-ga, ranged attack+ and/or ranged accuracy+

- Favor : Regain ! (+0.5 per tier, 2.5 max) or Store TP (+5 per tier, +25 max) (I prefer the regain )

- Astral flow rage : light magical attack that depends on party members HP, less HP all members have, more powerful the attack will be (dead ones will count)

- Astral flow ward : Raise-ga, no weak, full HP (yeah... bye bye Phoenix lol)

Well, that's all for me now... So, what do you think ? ^^

PS : again, sorry for english mistakes :x
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyes View Post
    1. Spirit + favor = ?
    No. It's called Avatar's Favor for a reason.

2. Avatar Elemental resistance joke...
    That's not true. Avatars have great resistance when taking magical damage of the same element. I think what you are annoyed with is the fact that avatars have no way to absorb the magical damage that is the same as theirs.

3. Astral flow : Ward
    Until they actually adjust current Astral Flow blood pacts or at the very least expand on Astral Flow by giving new blood pacts that actually do as the description of the abilities says, there's no reason to do so. Your suggestions could either be seen as overpowering or easy for SE to screw up. Also, all avatars have the same stats. Shiva does not have more or less INT over any other avatar.

4.New avatars
    Err, we're getting Atomos and Cait Sith.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Player
    1. nice idea (but just make it simple weather and stacking with sch's storm or they'll complain)
    even if they are not "avatar" per se it would make perfect sense to have something like that.(elementals symbolise weather on vanadiel after all)

2. not really needed. i guess a chance to take 0 dmg would be nice, but that's not a priority i'd say

3. could be interesting. not sure the exemples are good, but some nice buffs(or debuffs) added for new 2h bp could see some use.
    Your suggestions could either be seen as overpowering or easy for SE to screw up.
    not sure what could be screw up about giving new options. as for overpowered, would not be for dmg since that wouldn't be the purpose(still have the asralflow mp requirement too)

4. fairy sounds good(make her the white/blue pixie model please ^^; ), but i'd see her more like a "light spirit+1"(only cast cures/regen/buffs/raise) with improved AI(sea new automaton AI) and somewhat shortened recast time (and without the lame "cure/buff pj by sight" light spirit has)

also, why not give smn the "dual spirits" from heroes of abssea?(i guess spirits aren't what most smn want, so maybe making them a bit mode controlable that the classic spirits would help ?)

Err, we're getting Atomos and Cait Sith.
    waiting them since what ? 2-3 years ? with no news at all for server test or anything ?
    better start planning now if you want another before the servers shut down. >.>
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    not sure what could be screw up about giving new options. as for overpowered, would not be for dmg since that wouldn't be the purpose(still have the asralflow mp requirement too)
    Carbuncle getting a ward similar to benediction under Astral Flow? That's a total of three times in three minutes you can use that. Probably more once we have the ability to shorten blood pact timers through the suggested ability SE put in their job vision notes.

waiting them since what ? 2-3 years ? with no news at all for server test or anything ?
    better start planning now if you want another before the servers shut down. >.>
    Atomos and Cait Sith were only announced a several months ago, not 2-3 years ago. They are simply just not ready yet for testing phase.

In my own opinion, none of these sound like a good ideal to pitch. Cait Sith and... I guess regrettably Atomos is enough for new summons. I don't like like the ideal of Atomos since it's another two hour summon but again, opinion. The only kind of logical new summonable avatars would Bahamut, Phoenix, and Dark Ixion. Both of which SE have already stated will not be given to us. There's no reason to ask for new avatars that do not exist in the story just for the sake of having. Current avatars and their blood pacts need adjustments if they aren't going to give us new blood pact: rages to match the progressing rate of other jobs and their abilities.

Also, the any type of fay summon is not something in Summoner's grasp on FFXI. Fay creatures (pixie/sprites family) are not astral or elemental beings. They are a living creature along the same lines of other mobs and beastmen in the game. They should not be summonable as a "light spirit 2.0".
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Player
    Carbuncle getting a ward similar to benediction under Astral Flow?
    i never said it should be a "benedicton" i even said the exemples weren't good.
    now what would prevent SE to do theses while not "stealing every 2h". new ward bp useable with 2h only.
    op also gave for exemple an "elemental buff". bar+spike+enspell+some stat hardly seems overpowered to me.

and the "oh woes it's too overpowered" is still ballanced by the mp requirement unless you go heavy on ethers or are in abyssea witch already is a joke.

There's no reason to ask for new avatars that do not exist in the story just for the sake of having
    that's the reason i said i saw it more like a spirit.
    in that regard, cait sith isn't really an avatar either.

Fay creatures (pixie/sprites family) are not astral or elemental beings. They are a living creature along the same lines of other mobs and beastmen in the game.
    pixies ARE part in the "elemental family".
    as for them being "living creature"... it's heartless and insultig to spirits. they are too and have feelings, you know ?
    also, having them as "spirits" let them keep their free will.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    i never said it should be a "benedicton" i even said the exemples weren't good.
    now what would prevent SE to do theses while not "stealing every 2h". new ward bp useable with 2h only.
    op also gave for exemple an "elemental buff". bar+spike+enspell+some stat hardly seems overpowered to me.

and the "oh woes it's too overpowered" is still ballanced by the mp requirement unless you go heavy on ethers or are in abyssea witch already is a joke.
    Did you bother to read the examples of the ideals that the OP posted that I pulled from. Those types of buffs are already entertained by SE as normal wards. But aside from that, what you suggest isn't overpowering, ultimately it's useless.

Astral Flow was generally modeled after summoning in previous FF titles to deal extreme damage. Didn't really work out until... well if SE actually adjust them to work as they suggests.

that's the reason i said i saw it more like a spirit.
    in that regard, cait sith isn't really an avatar either.
    You're speaking in technicality. SE has deemed it doable to give us Cait Sith. It's always been ambiguous about what Cait Sith really is but an astral being, hence forth SE has been working on make Cait Sith summonable by SMNs.

pixies ARE part in the "elemental family".
    as for them being "living creature"... it's heartless and insultig to spirits. they are too and have feelings, you know ?
    also, having them as "spirits" let them keep their free will.
    Misspoke on that part, but stop riding wiki. Elementals are physical embodiment of the elements. No feelings, no soul, no heart. Nothing more than a mass of energy/magic whatever you want to call it.

Pixies are still living creatures, that is evident in their behavior towards the players. Kill them, they fear you. Release them from bottles, they assist you if you're in trouble. Light magic isn't the only thing Pixies use either. Many, if not, of their TP moves are wind based. Also evident that they drop wind crystals, not light.
    (0)

Player
    >.<

i didn't make any suggestion for theses 2h wards, stop making me say what i didn't say.
    i just refered to the OP. whatever SE do if they ever think it's a good idea is up to them you should trust them to keep some balance.

You're speaking in technicality
    isn't that what you did from the start ?

stop riding wiki
    stop denying any point i make. i didn't wait you to know what family pixies are or do.
    also, your claims on elementals aren't backed by anything.

the way you seems to block any idea isn't going to help anything. way to go.
    now, i guess i'll stop posting on this thread. as the saying goes, i shouldn't feed you.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I never said you made that particular suggestion. Seyes, did. I was using that as an example. I guess I didn't make it clear in separation of the sentences after towards the suggestions you made in your post.

stop denying any point i make. i didn't wait you to know what family pixies are or do.
    also, your claims on elementals aren't backed by anything.
    I wasn't denying anything, I admitted that I misspoke. You're denying/ignoring that there's a specific difference between elementals and pixies just because it isn't any explicit details other than they are classified under the same umbrella classification as elemental family.

the way you seems to block any idea isn't going to help anything.
    If it's redundant or out of place, yes. Most suggestions I've read through the forums ask for some radical or pointless shift in what the job suppose to preform. Given this is the official forums where SE *apparently* read and take suggestions into consideration, objecting is the way to weed out silly suggestions and look towards something more doable and within the confines of the job than wishful thinking out of personal fantasy that doesn't fit the game or job.

i shouldn't feed you.
    If you're assuming I'm a troll on the basis that I disagree... -shrugs- Think what you will. I'm not a very agreeable person to begin with.
    (0)

Player
    well, since you say you are not trolling(and just as a reply/derail)...

what got me was you were disagreeing with everything on this thread, while nothing seems really wrong with the op suggestions(to me), neither really silly or not doable since pretty much everything already exist.

guess we just don't think about that the same way.

i aggree some suggestion are silly, but often because the posters go too much into details/exemples(like some here).
    the general idea may need some work, but there's way to do something with it.

i just don't want "weed out" as i don't know what can bloom from it,
    i'd rather water it, and watch as others people do the same, hoping in the end it'll be a pretty flower

in the end, it's SE that really weed out, sure they'll look at your big tree, but if it doen't please them, all your garden will have is a stump. i'd rather have it with a flower path.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    in the end, it's SE that really weed out, sure they'll look at your big tree, but if it doen't please them, all your garden will have is a stump. i'd rather have it with a flower path.

*pokes his head in for undesired off-topic comment*

Personally, I'd rather it be like the giving tree! Stump so I can sit myself down on when I'm old! To heck with flowers!!!

*Shakes fist*

*teleports out*
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast