Thread: Few ideas

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    This thread sparkles me with new idea.

I think it would be nice if our 2hr BP has 0 reuse time.

First when we use those BP all MP are drained, and these BP has minimal MP cost.
    The only way we can use it right away is to use Ether. but then there is dely when using Ether
    So it doesn't make SMN over power if they take away the reuse time of 2hr BPs

For DNC their sub ability sharing the same timer can have different reuse time, so there is not a technical difficulty in there.

I know this might not improve SMN a lot, but this is my idea to empower SMN a tiny little bit.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    This thread sparkles me with new idea.

First when we use those BP all MP are drained, and these BP has minimal MP cost.
    The only way we can use it right away is to use Ether. but then there is dely when using Ether
    So it doesn't make SMN over power if they take away the reuse time of 2hr BPs

For DNC their sub ability sharing the same timer can have different reuse time, so there is not a technical difficulty in there.

I know this might not improve SMN a lot, but this is my idea to empower SMN a tiny little bit.
    Uh, yes. Yes it does. Well implying it does if astral flow blood pacts actually did the damage that it said it does. Bare with me.

There are many ways to instantly recover MP than what there use to be. At 95, SMN need a minimum of 190 MP to fire off a blood pact ward. It would take multiple hi-ethers to recover that amount. At 10 seconds for each use, it'll take 40 seconds just to use one, maybe more with the delay between item use offset by refresh. Hi-ether +3 in two, bring it around 20-25 seconds. No smn in their right mind would turn to pro-ethers so let's trade up.

Elixirs restores 25% in 10 seconds of use, given item delay, around 12 seconds to use that blood pact. Average SMN has around 1.5k which translate into around, if not over 375MP restored. This allows a an astral flow blood pact to fire off every 12 seconds.

Now let's look into the abundance of temp items.
    Most of these temp items that can restore MP in Abyssea and VW (were a SMN will be mostly active these days), can be used in a second flat without item delay.

Now also, do not forget Blood Pact: Rages and Wards share their each global timer, respectfully. Considering that there are no Ward astral flows (Alexander's Perfect Defense does not share Blood Pact ward timer, Nor does Odin share rage), the originals do. Unless SE goes in to fix the it where the astral flow blood pacts under rage are separate on timer, being under your version of Astral Flow would make all Blood Pact: Rages spammable for the duration of 3 minutes or for how many times one can quickly get their MP to 190, which isn't hard.

Alternatively, if the blood pact timer for Astral Flow was fixed to have it's own timer, one could spam just that, or use astral flow blood pact, recover MP, follow up with rage because the blood pact timer is nil, then for the timer and go in and do the same thing.... or just keep spamming the Astral Flow blood pact because why the hell not? That way wouldn't fix things, it would make the job even more uneven to the point of being broken than what it's currently leaning towards. Granted, I see use with crowd control, but through the use of astral flow just isn't viable enough to use it as such.

The way Blood Pacts work from DNC is widely different. Astral Flow blood pacts seem to have been the way they are for restraint reasons. Lest not forget that because Astral Flow blood pacts share that same global timer, they are effected by Blood Pact timer reduction gear.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    SMN + Hvergelmir.

SMN/SAM (For SMN/RDM, replace the extra Sekkanoki / Myrkr / Bloodpact with Convert / Bloodpact).
    • Refresh or Receive Refresh
    • Astral Flow
    • Bloodpact
    • Myrkr
    • Meditate
    • Bloodpact
    • Recieve Shikikoyo
    • Sekkanoki
    • Myrkr
    • Bloodpact
    • Myrkr
    • Bloodpact
    • Recieve Devotion or Shikioyo + Myrkr
    • Bloodpact
    • Repeat previous two steps up to three more times (or more if you are shuffling people in and out of your party).
    • Use any temp MP restoration items, and Vile Elixir, Vile Elixir +1 you have.
    • Bloodpact
    • Repeat
    • Use any wing items (temps first)
    • Myrkr
    • Bloodpact
    • Repeat last three steps up to two more times.

I think that with the animation delay of your avatar, you'd run out before you could perform everything in this list even, although with the list I could see being able to use 10~15+ Bloodpacts, ignoring time limits. Even assuming a 15 second delay between each Bloodpact, you'd be able to use a Bloodpact about 11 times (10s delay means around 16 times with some leeway).

So the question is, is 10-15 Bloodpacts overpowered?
    (0)

Character
    Seyes
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Huh ?! I didn't think my post would start WWIII ^^;

Really Soranika, you think my ideas are so crazy ? I saw many and many others that are "dream-like". Callysto was right on one thing, it's just few general ideas that I wanted to give, like seeds that dev will examine and decide how feed them to let them grow up as they think better.

Yeah my benediction-like for Carbuncle was not my better idea, so what ? Our radioactive squirrel loves to heal us, that's why I take this benediction idea but I'm not dev'... They have to "over-think" our ideas lol

And about Fairy, yeah you're right... No storyline for that.... and we're going to have Atomos and little cat ... so what again ? Do you really think each avatar got his wonderful and very looooong storyline ? No... So why Fairy would have one ? They can make us a little 2-3 quests-storyline with the pixie in Grauberg or anythig else, I don't care... Again, dev have brains (don't worry about mine -_-) so let them suprise us... I really think Fairy could be a surprising avatar ^^
    (0)

So the question is, is 10-15 Bloodpacts overpowered?
    Well it depends. Is it 10-15 Bloodpacts, or a party of 18 SMNs doing 180-270 pacts? This game after all seem to always be balanced based on if you brought 18 of a job.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Player
    and then the NM does an AoE to kill all the Empy SMNs that are meleeing yay~
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    NM does an AoE to kill all the Empy SMNs
    Not too hard to get TP safely, and you don't have to be remotely near a mob to use Myrkr. Empyrean SMN are quite safe.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2