Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha View Post
    you guys are making too big of a deal out of it... Maybe its too difficult for a lot of people... Im sure they'll make it easier if it is (Remember CoP and the multiple nerfs that got?) but getting a party for something like that is not that difficult~

Nation Mission 2-3 I think, I imagine it will be about as hard to get a party as that was... if not easier with all the people sitting around jeuno with nothing better to do.
    I loved that fight, pre nerf and often offered to help others with it. Must have done it at least ten times.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Tons of people will be shouting for this when it comes out. Its not like it will be hard to get a group.
    Won't be hard in the least to get a PT. To actually do the fight.... goodluck. Several hundred people in that zone no problem on update day. If only everyone could take the advice "don't go yet and wait it out"

I shudder at the thought that the required items to do this BC is VW or something else related. I'll be locked out of 96+ for a long time while I play catch up, if I don't rage first.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUMsfVBRZ2o

Can't watch it all due to shitty internet, but of the parts that I have stuttered through looks like this guy did.
    Lol he used like a million dawns on that thing. I'm not sure any of us could legitimately have enough space to spam so many dawns but hey, if things stay as is, BST can solo it.

Also, people are suspecting that this BC fight is for access to the new WSs and the limit break is going to be 15 merits. My eyes got tired of running through BGs spam happy userbase posts so if anyone else can confirm what the known deal is up to now... That BST won that fight and he seems to be saying it is indeed the limit break quest so I have to assume he finished the quest up before posting the video. Needless to say the encounter looks like something pet jobs will shine on extremely well which makes me chuckle in a way.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

I personally am delighted that the final Limit break is a Fight and not some lifeless meaningless go get it and bring it back and heres a broken minigame: quest like the last 4 LBs were...
    (2)
    Cyrusskorrey the "Paragon of Galka Excellence"

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Bring a RDM to Saboteur Paralyze II the taru and Phalanx II the tank? Bring a DRK to Absorb, THF to Aura Steal, etc. Hell, send in the PUPs or BSTs.

I think this fight is more about being creative and using a greater variety of jobs then sending in the overused overgeared knight-in-shining-armor. Can't wait to give it a shot, looks like fun
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    do you enjoy CoP pre lv cap increase ?
    yes I enjoyed CoP pre 1st nerf. Static with NIN (only job) SAM (only job) DRG (only job)WHM (only job) BLM-SMN-BRD BLM-SMN.
    also it was before hasso/seigan, 2handed patch...
    yes we didn't go 1/1 on every fight, wiped a lot... but I enjoyed those way more than when I helped friends after lvl cap removal
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Do you guys remember most of the classic limit breaks took groups to do. the 55 one took an alliance even during classic FFXI.
    I did LB 2 with 15 people at 55. It was a terrible idea then and it's a terrible idea now. Literally 3/4 of my NA launch shell quit over getting ancient papyruses for LB1, and that was back when FFXI wasn't ten year old Steam shovelware. Oh well, if it's really the LB battle I'm confident it will last a week at the higher difficulty, at most.

I'm curious as to whether the BST that soloed it did so at 95 or 99. If he did it at 99, it doesn't mean much.
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 12-02-2011 at 09:15 PM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    i talked to moogle it only asked me for 15 merits
    the fight hoping its for weapon skills could be fun if u need to use your respective job / weapon then at 99 it would make more sense
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    How do you people even post?

The fight is 6 man, required level 95, and is for the limit break.

The weapon skill quest is required level 96+ and asks for 15 merits.

The reason it wont give you the quest is because you went straight to 99 and it auto completed the quest for you. You should still be able to go and help participate in it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    One of the most stupidest idea ever to land on this game. Well done, time to cancel the game for good.
    Pardon? How is this a stupid idea? It's like... what people have been asking for. The last four limit breaks were the ones that were stupid.

Are you really going to quit the game over a quest you only have to do once?
    (2)

Howdy!

I have a bit of information to share with you regarding the final limit break quest.

Battle Balance
    We’re currently making adjustments to the battle so that you don’t need to have a full party of six members to win. This doesn’t mean it will be “easy”, but there will be more victories as a result of the change.

We have seen feedback from those that would like a battle and those that think a battle is unnecessary. As a result of looking over everyone’s opinions, we decided it would be good to create a battlefield that wasn’t as tough as the Maat fight, but have you all take on a slight challenge to differentiate this as the final limit break quest.

Congestion
    Some players have been worried about possible battlefield congestion. We’ll be adding a step to this quest that will require players to obtain an item before actually entering the battlefield, which should stagger the amount of players entering at once. Also, in regards to suggestions that say to offer different battlefields, each one has different sizes as well as different entrance/exits, so this would create a bottleneck because players would select the easiest area. After testing various areas out we decided to go with the Qu’Bia Arena.

Helping Others
    You won’t need to obtain the entry item when helping others. We’re also in the process of preparing an NPC that will teleport you to battlefields located in original areas as a reward for completing the final limit break quest.
    (26)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast