Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    "Required" might be going too far. Did we test if Shadowbind stuck? If Shadowbind Sticks, Very well could be EVA Tanks.

That, and Perfect Dodge combats Hundred fists as well as Invincible.

We can keep going back and forth but i'll have an excuse for everything. Really was just agreeing with you from the beginning anyway, Expanding on the idea Invincible seems to be the key during HF, and with a WHM it would be pretty handle-able.
    well that's why I put "Required" in quotation marks. I'm sure someone will find another way to do it- but it seems at first glance like the safest route.
    (0)

Player
    That Rdm was kinda terrible tbh, I didn't see a single merit spell and all the Tier 1's landed, so looks like he's pretty easily enfeeble'd.

Then again I doubt anyone has the patience to redo macros just for the test server.
    (0)

Player
    I just realized that the references to Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika just keep going and going in the limit break quests, such as the Tarutaru mentioning fulfillment of a contract as the fight starts. Just how popular was that show in Japan, anyway? I figured it was more of a sleeper hit or cult thing, since the show didn't have many panty-shots and there wasn't anyone to refer to as "oni-chan!"

Or am I way off and it's just a parody of some genre or theme in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    You should look into it regardless, but yes if the battle system they used in 2, 3, and X were based off the same system they used in 1, you'd like it. I liked the protagonists, and the story was awesome. The fact that I played it originally when I was like 10 made the game seem harder than it really was, but it's still a great game (just not super hard if you're a JRPG vet and know how to tweak stats/skills/magickz). There's a PC version of it you could snag for cheap/free (iykwim), even though it was originally released on the dreamcast and ported to the PS2. It was really popular.

Grandia 3 was pretty similar, and I enjoyed it as well. The story wasn't as memorable (though still good), but the battle system was just so damn nice. Grandia Xtreme, however, is kinda the opposite - uses the same battle system, but the story is utter shit compared to the others, and the game is ridiculously difficult/grind-heavy. You have been warned, lol.
    This post has been extremely helpful. Thanks a ton!

I didn't even consider that a PC version would exist, to the point I overlooked the mention of a PC version while reading the wikipedia article. While I suspect it'll have a minor bug or two like most PC ports of console games from that time, it will probably have fewer bugs than what I originally had planned (iykwim).
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 12-01-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Then again I doubt anyone has the patience to redo macros just for the test server.
    You don't have to redo your macros, you can upload them to playonline in the normal game, and then retrieve them in the test server install.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Hence, why Paladin is "required" for this fight.
    Perfect dodge.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You don't have to redo your macros, you can upload them to playonline in the normal game, and then retrieve them in the test server install.
    I'm sorry, I meant for me personally, since my macros have been 'altered' to gear swap on the test server I would have to completely rewrite and redesign them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I just realized that the references to Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magika just keep going and going in the limit break quests, such as the Tarutaru mentioning fulfillment of a contract as the fight starts. Just how popular was that show in Japan, anyway? I figured it was more of a sleeper hit or cult thing, since the show didn't have many panty-shots and there wasn't anyone to refer to as "oni-chan!"

Or am I way off and it's just a parody of some genre or theme in general?
    It was a huge hit, both here and overseas as far as I could tell. Man, it was everywhere for a while. I can't complain, I loved the show. The lack of panty shots was more than made up for by the plethora of post-death Mimi fanart.

Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    This post has been extremely helpful. Thanks a ton!

I didn't even consider that a PC version would exist, to the point I overlooked the mention of a PC version while reading the wikipedia article. While I suspect it'll have a minor bug or two like most PC ports of console games from that time, it will probably have fewer bugs than what I originally had planned (iykwim).
    No problem! Ha, I originally owned it for the dreamcast (which came with the OST, which I still have <3 I absolutely loved the music for that game), but that thing hasn't worked in years so I just played it on Pcsx2 myself before realizing there was a PC version. The PC version is a ton easier to use than emulation, and they touched it up a bit before releasing it since the PC version came out like a year after the rest. The colors seem a bit more vibrant and such, and it's rendered in a higher resolution than Dreamcast's native res. Have fun with it!
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm excited to do this cap quest, they didn't disappoint if the battle remains similar on the real servers. Finally, a worthy sequal to the maat fight. Hopefull the adventuring fellow cap will be equally as enjoyable.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

inb4 port jeuno shouts selling spots in Genkai fight parties.
    I hate how far mercing has come but yeah that is exactly what will happen, a solid group will sell spots and make a killing when the servers come back up after they add this. They should make it so you can only enter once for a month or two at least, then ease the fight up for the ones that can't beat it.

Then Invincible Solves that issue.
    Looked like most of his damage was from enfire or something? Assuming they did that due to how laughable a mnk would be against ochain.
    (0)

Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Up to 6 ppl can take part in this fight.

I tried to solo it the first time around to gauge the fight.
    It killed me and my pet in less than 1min even when I used pet food eta.
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast