Thread: DRK Ws Entropy

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    The real question is why don't ANY of these WS crit?
    I think if these ws's were crit, they'd be too powerful.
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Remove the MP regain effect completely, keep the same animation, and make Entropy hit eight times (twice per swing of the animation) :3

Yes I'm serious. This would negate Double Attack and Triple Attack affecting the WS at all and you still only land all eight hits about 66% of the time with capped accuracy just like Asuran Fists. It makes gearing for the WS very balanced (Accuracy, Attack, INT) while still maintaining decent performance just like how Guillotine used to be but balanced against newer WS

Eight hits is not overpowered mind you. Torcleaver is 4.75 to 6.5 fTP and with a double attack becomes 5.75-7.5, triple attack 6.75-8.5, and a major portion of that damage will always land 95% of the time (capped accuracy 1st hit) so accuracy is not practically necessary for the majority of it's damage.

Entropy as an eight hit WS, however, would be subject to accuracy on each hit (only the first guaranteed to be 95%). Even with capped accuracy, this demonstrates about an average 5.3 fTP after miss rate is considered.

This would give Scythe and DRK the ultimate multihit WS for Souleater usage and general damage output, and returns to ye olde Accuracy standard for WS since the Guillotine era. It would actually be balanced against the current supremity of Torcleaver, doesn't require that DRK be added to the Critical WS Extravaganza, and allows extreme e-peen spike damage output with Souleater (without such being totally suicidal since the addition of Stalwart Soul, or just the same as Souleater+Guillotine used to be!)
    I'm down, this whole mp recover through WS is retarded anyway. Make the WS hit hard.

If any WS should have done it, it should have been Infernal Scythe as a homage to FF Tactics.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

DRK is now out-WS'ed by SMNs with Shattersoul. What a joke!

Let's get serious SE: Make Entropy eight hits (two hits per swing of the animation). Let DRK have it's glorious Souleater WS numbers again!
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Remove the MP regain effect completely, keep the same animation, and make Entropy hit eight times (twice per swing of the animation) :3

Yes I'm serious. This would negate Double Attack and Triple Attack affecting the WS at all and you still only land all eight hits about 66% of the time with capped accuracy just like Asuran Fists. It makes gearing for the WS very balanced (Accuracy, Attack, INT) while still maintaining decent performance just like how Guillotine used to be but balanced against newer WS

Eight hits is not overpowered mind you. Torcleaver is 4.75 to 6.5 fTP and with a double attack becomes 5.75-7.5, triple attack 6.75-8.5, and a major portion of that damage will always land 95% of the time (capped accuracy 1st hit) so accuracy is not practically necessary for the majority of it's damage.

Entropy as an eight hit WS, however, would be subject to accuracy on each hit (only the first guaranteed to be 95%). Even with capped accuracy, this demonstrates about an average 5.3 fTP after miss rate is considered.

This would give Scythe and DRK the ultimate multihit WS for Souleater usage and general damage output, and returns to ye olde Accuracy standard for WS since the Guillotine era. It would actually be balanced against the current supremity of Torcleaver, doesn't require that DRK be added to the Critical WS Extravaganza, and allows extreme e-peen spike damage output with Souleater (without such being totally suicidal since the addition of Stalwart Soul, or just the same as Souleater+Guillotine used to be!)
    So basically you want a WS that's equal to Torcleaver for free.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 12-01-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    As if Torcleaver is hard to get?

Torcleaver gives you ODD Aftermath. That's the difference. Scythe does not compete without this and they sure as hell aren't going to buff Quietus (the last laughable Scythe WS they added) at this point.

At the same time it would suffer much more performance falloff than even Torcleaver against higher level targets, with Quietus then being the fallback.

But I suppose you just want to pidgeonhole DRK into 'GS or GTFO'? Meanwhile GS just got a five hit WS to use with Souleater and/or Torc aftermath is still going, and also made all non-Caladbolg 6-hits a magnitude easier to maintain, you wanna talk about getting things 'for free'?
    (0)
    Last edited by Raelia; 12-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Character
    Tesla
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I will have to completely agree with all the frustrated DRKs out there. DRK was my main for over 2 years and eventually I just dropped the class truly believing that Square-Enix had improvements in store for every job EXCEPT Dark Knight. This has continually been the case with Insurgency and the newer 290+ skill elemental weapon skills for great sword and scythe. Every class has gotten some form of enhancement that I can honestly say I use on a regular basis when playing the job. DRK has not gotten anything impressive since Absorb-TP and Dread Spikes. I think the DRKs out there would like a weapon skill that would either have damage modified by TP (and not 300%, that's a joke) or doesn't need /THF to force a critical hit with sneak attack. I still want to play DRK and love the concept of the job. Cecil ftw! I just can't stomach the mediocrity of DRK. I don't need a weapon skill that has critical hits although it would be nice seeing as SE went through the trouble of giving DRK critical attack bonus and all. There's just so much about DRK that just doesn't add up. I just feel like there's no DRK fans out there in the SE development team.
    (0)

Character
    Detoxy
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    This weaponskill does subpar damage and has a poorly thought out effect, not to mention making no sense thematically with "Dark Knight."

I'm not sure why we can't get a WS that's better than guillotine. Why do you keep making these terrible clones that are useless in function?

It does not even "aspir" mp, it merley recovers MP. DRK is not a WHM or a RDM it does not recover things, it takes things from the target. At least with the terrible damage this WS does for 5/5 merits one would expect at the very least:

For it to steal MP.

DRK is not a WHM, or a RDM, or a PLD. It does not recover, it drains/aspirs/absorbs.

Make the WS steal MP from the target at the very least so it has some utility and is worth using in this small regard, and on top of that if we had some magic that was used readily it would be less baffling.

On that note I'm not quite sure when this WS will be used, DRK has little to no reason to consistently cast magic, because SE refuses to give us much in the way of casting.

Am I using my MP on some amazing Darkness based magical attack that you haven't released yet?

Why?
    Why?
    Why?
    Watch This Vid Entropy aint that bad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUZG...el_video_title
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    You need to think outside PvP, this game is not a PvP game.
    (0)

Player
    WS that crit aren't that amazing outside of Abyssea, only the Empyrean Crit WS because they have a 15-20% base crit rate. Drakesbane is like 5% crit and with outstanding gear does maybe 900-2k(with a mean of like 1200) while Ukko fury does consistant 2600-3400 from what I've seen/noticed in my shell. Just cuz a WS crits doesn't mean it will be good outside of Abyssea.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    100 merits
    Free

Pick one
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast