Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Add PUP to Denali

It was rediculous to begin with that PUP was left off Denali. This was during the time that for some reason SE thought PUP should only get mage gear.

Later they smartened up and added them to the light armor sets with thf, dnc, cor, rng, mnk etc.

Now that we are able to update old armor pieces, I think it is time for SE also to update it.

Goliard is pretty much useless to pup, please make the adjustment.

and please do not come back with, that would upset game balance, we know that is BS already.
    (10)

omfg this so much
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I will third this. The upgraded denali / goliard armor pretty much screams to take pup off that goliard crap. We dont need mage stats... we have no native mp or spells.....
    (2)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Adding my voice in support, broken record here.

The only Goliard pieces that PUP ever got any real use out of were body (Haste) and hands (Acc+4/Atk+4 was a decent option if you couldn't put together a high enough haste build back in 75-cap land or lacked Pantin hands). Guess which stats are completely removed from those two pieces with the new updates... And they had seemingly had the nerve to add a nice amount of Avatar MAB+ to the upgraded Goliard hands for SMN, when they could easily have just made it PET MAB+ to also apply to Automatons and at least give PUP ONE useful piece in the set. But they didn't (apparently, here's hoping I'm wrong).

That being said, there is at least one legitimate "balance" argument... Currently there are 7 jobs on Denali, 7 on Goliard, and 6 on Askar. It would make upgrading Denali comparatively harder than the other two sets if it had 8 jobs on it and the other two only had 6, just due to competition.

At any rate, I do think it would make MUCH more sense to put PUP on Denali, but I'm not gonna hold my breath that it will actually happen.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anza; 12-02-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah, thankfully after ToAU SE realized that no PUP in their right mind would want to wear mage gear under normal circumstances.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Where do they have a list of the new armor? JulianDev's pages are still a sea of dot hacks, I assume because the EN local hasn't been properly updated yet.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27...date-11302011/

new gear being:

Denali Set +5 - Set Bonus Sometimes seals big damage:

Denali Bonnet +5 - DEF34 STR+6 Ratk+6 Macc+6 Mab+6 Crit+4% Setbonus
    Denali Jacket +5 - DEF63 ACC+12 Haste+4 Doubleattack +3% Trippleattack+3% Quadrupleattack+3% Setbonus
    Denali Wristbands +5 - DEF28 DEX+8 VIT+8 AGI+8 ACC+10 EVA+10 EnhancesFastcast (4%) Haste+4 Setbonus
    Denali Kecks +5 - DEF47 STR+9 AGI +9 ATK+14 EVA+14 Haste+6 Setbonus
    Denali Gamashes +5 - DEF26 DEX+10 AGI+10 MND+10 ATK+16 Ratk+10 DoubleAttack+3% Setbonus

i believe i saw pup on similar statted sets somewhere on bg, in the test server thread.

for me personally, some of the pieces are hit/miss for pup, compared with other options, but overall much better than the mage gear.

also, hopefully the community will come together an yell at SE to stop giving pup MP and magic attack bonus gear (that isn't for pets)

edit: found the set posted on BG, that i think is separate from denali. you're welcome pups

link

Head: Lv98, STR+8 MAB+4 Fast Cast+3 Haste+5% Set: Crit Hit Rate
    Body: Lv99, Evasion+10 DEX+15 AGI+15 Acc+10 Crit Hit Damage+5% Set: Crit Hit Rate
    Hands: Lv97, STR+7 DEX+7 VIT+7 AGI+7 INT+7 MND+7 CHR+7, Day Attribute: Weapon Skill Damage up, Set: Crit Hit Rate
    Legs: Lv98, DEX+5 Haste+4% Crit Damage+4% Set: Crit Hit Rate
    Feet: Lv96, DEX+10 AGI+10 Haste+3% Acc+5 Eva+5 Set: Crit Hit Rate
    MNK THF RNG NIN BLU DNC PUP COR
    (0)
    Last edited by esoR; 12-02-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Interesting changes... but I'm keeping in mind that these are undisclosed future changes on the test server, so no doubt subject to change. PUP loses pretty much any reason to wear goliard, so I do hope SE wisens up and puts PUPs on denali when they overhaul TOAU.

Hmm.. maybe there's hope for PUPs on homam too Or abjuration gear.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    to be clear. i do not think we will use the old lvl 75 denali and upgrade it. i believe there will be new lvl 99 armor added and that will be enhanced. same names atm, different pieces. example: Denali Jacket Rare Ex
    [Body] All Races
    DEF:43 HP+25 AGI+10 Attack+9 Ranged Attack+9 "Subtle Blow"+3 Set: Increases Accuracy
    LV 75 MNK THF RNG NIN BLU COR DNC

versus: Denali jacket +1 def 61
    Accuracy +5 Haste +1% Double Attack +1%

up to Denali Jacket +5 - DEF63 ACC+12 Haste+4 Doubleattack +3% Trippleattack+3% Quadrupleattack+3% Setbonus

there is nothing similar between these two pieces aside from the [temporary] name. so no real worries, i'm sure pup wil make it onto the lvl 99 gear, i just wouldnt be concerned with stats that dont match up to the old lv 75 set, cause it'll be completely different, and require obtaining in a new tier. (speculating)
    (0)
    Last edited by esoR; 12-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The new denali are trial of magian, they already stated the old gear would be upgraded via trial of magian
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast