Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    There's very little use to use magic outside of Absorb-TP and even with only full haste gear + haste + LR (without march) there's little incentive to cast it. With marches casting just is pointless. As far as stunning goes there's a job that does that 10x better BLU.

Nukes are lol, drain gives back nothing worth mention/gets resisted and absorb attributes spells are just laughable in their futility/decay nature.

Ninja nerfs to absorb TP, no utility in spells and no damage capability from them either, which completely mitigates any reason for the MP bar in roughly 90% of any situation. The only place DRK casts quite it a bit is PvP and I know we aren't talking about that (and this is partly why I enjoy it as the job is played more to what I feel a Magic-Casting-Knight would be.)

However we are all forgetting that SE has yet to take the first baby step and that is giving DRK Magic Attack Bonus I, since they have such a hard-on for "magic" use, the fact we don't have this for all our super cool Ice-elemental WS's, and overpowered Tier III nukes.

Baffles the mind.
    Rate Up, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    For 8 years I have heard a tempest of unending whining about Dark Knight and the fact that they have an MP bar.
    You knew when you signed up for the job that it had an MP bar.

If you cannot figure out why & how your MP bar is useful then reroll WAR, SAM or DRG.
    We're not whining because we have an MP bar, we're disappointed in what it's capable of. Also, it's 2011...we know how to play this game better than SE does, and that's not even an exaggeration.

The "Just switch jobs" mentality is really dense. I, along with many others, like the idea of DRK and are going to play the job because we enjoy it- whether or not SE let's it be what we think it should be. To say that we should just shut up and enjoy Tactical Parry or switch to WAR is ridiculous.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    The only place DRK casts quite it a bit is PvP and I know we aren't talking about that (and this is partly why I enjoy it as the job is played more to what I feel a Magic-Casting-Knight would be.)
    I really wish the devs didn't have such a hard time understanding what to do with the job. The problem is pretty much this exactly; they don't know how to do that.
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    For 8 years I have heard a tempest of unending whining about Dark Knight and the fact that they have an MP bar.
    You knew when you signed up for the job that it had an MP bar.

If you cannot figure out why & how your MP bar is useful then reroll WAR, SAM or DRG.
    actually before the nerfs to enmity generated from casting our mp bar was one of our strengths for drk tanking. Granted not many drk's did this but it was very strong and a very important part to what we could do.

Wait drk's tanked? Yes we did!
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    actually before the nerfs to enmity generated from casting our mp bar was one of our strengths for drk tanking. Granted not many drk's did this but it was very strong and a very important part to what we could do.

Wait drk's tanked? Yes we did!
    i could personally knock 8-12ish off a timmy with my apoc, while holding hate off the blms 10x better than a pld ever could
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    i could personally knock 8-12ish off a timmy with my apoc, while holding hate off the blms 10x better than a pld ever could

^ this

DRK at 75 was balanced and a very nice job to have handy. In the right hands it was the best tank for the major HNMs. The growth to 95 and soon 99 has been lack luster for DRK and it went from a great job to a novelty.
    (1)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    our leader was kinda emo about tping on tiamat so I was stuck dualing mac+1's and just spamming my spells. of course our blm's could force land him within roughly 60 seconds, then ES sleep and wait for him to wake up and fly again.

ssdd just a different way of doing things but the same results and yea at what taint said
    (0)

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Ignorant ppl that don't know how to play Dark Knight...

Drk/Sam Absorb TP + Meditate + Sekkanoki >> Cross Reaper (Or Spiral Hell) + Entropy = Darkness + MP Returned.

You need Relic GS to make Light by itself... Shuttup now plz.

Inb4 *but you can only do that once per 3 minute and lose out on sub wars Double attack and Berserk*... bye lol

Tor Cleaver can one shot trash XP mobs, so can Twilight Scythe... and less time consuming to get one.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zemarin; 12-16-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemarin View Post

Drk/Sam Absorb TP + Meditate + Sekkanoki >> Cross Reaper (Or Spiral Hell) + Entropy = Darkness + MP Returned.

Inb4 *but you can only do that once per 3 minute and lose out on sub wars Double attack and Berserk*... bye lol

Tor Cleaver can one shot trash XP mobs, so can Twilight Scythe... and less time consuming to get one.
    i hope you're trolling, no one can be this stupid. i sincerely hope you're trolling
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemarin View Post

Uh let's see. . .oh boy.

He mentioned Twilight scythe and I see no mention of PLD, Ballista, Sentinel, Invincible or PvP. All I see is PvE stuff.

Mentioned Spiral Hell and Cross Reaper seriously. . I also notice no mention of why he's using the MP, I can only assume he stands around in a Ice-Path Magian scythe spamming Blizzard and Thunder III in exp or end-game -> Entropy to quickly resume his nukes that take 2x as long to cast and do 1/5th the damage.

Empyrean Greatsword can make light with Torcleaver - > Torcleaver.

I can also trash mobs with rampage, vorpal blade, and droping 5.2k impacts without a Pluto Staff on DRK, you know, pretty much fucking everything.

Yea, he went full retard. I don't even know what to do with this.

I suggest this deluded Tarutaru to merit INT because they seem to be glitched and found wanting.
    (0)
    Last edited by Urteil; 12-18-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast