Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Um.... don't you think I would have posted that comment Under the assumption of knowing that Tor Cleaver >> Tor Clever = Light... Are you stupid?

Guillotine > Guilltine = Nothing
    Spinning Slash >> Spinning Slash = Nothing
    Ground Strike Ground Strike = Nothing
    Resultion + GS WS = What?

Entropy the only WS that can Make Darkness with Scythe without a Relic WS and its sad that had to ever be elaborated on like a buncha tards picking straws just for the sake of being "right".

That being Said If your going to reply to my post dont be captain Obvious to Assume I meant the Merit WS is > EMp WS (which is dumb tarded on ur part.)
    Just a Hint Quietus >> Quietus also Darkness So is Catastrophe >> Catastrophe btw not to Mention Apoc makes a way better weapon than Calabolg.

The point of it all is that this WS is way better then failotine and needs to stop being compared to it. Pretty sad 2 other ppl cant understand that from a short post.. srsly u 2 need to eat more brain foods.

Inb4 ppl start correlating using a WS to Nuking, and junk.. just cause u want MP back doesn't mean u nuke.. ps my DRK is a hume btw~ Check Prof's before you start talking. 1 dread spike at 600 Mp = 12%? ur mana~ tht's assuming u only use it then i read rambling trash up into about how you do 6k dmg in abyssea. plz go outside and solo a lvl 99 Crawler with Rampage/ur leet DPs without using any mp at all and Get back at me bro, Delusional ppl are the one who think Abyssea = all of FFXI.

Drk + Infinite Mp = No down Time to recover Mp = can Solo more + Can reliably off Tank more Tore Cleaver Outside Abyssea is barely stronger than Anything Else (Its really the ODD/SC that help it) Outside Abyssea Catastrophe > TorCleaver Tank + Haste + Blood Wep > 2~3k dmg WS on shit mobs and Tor Cleaver cant crit. Ukko's Fury still out parses loldrk's GS ws so whats the point of the argument again? oh ya nothing. Oh ya top it all off DRK has no SC bonus.. sadface.. lets add more nonsense shall we?

I love ppl who view drk so unrealistically really shows u never fought an hnm/vnm before. Also love how most use the word useless.. trying to Out parse Warrior on Drk is like Me trying to out Heal Whm on Sch or Out nuke blm on Rdm. And tank better than pld on Drg (cuz wyverns can cure).

I love How Tor Cleaver Drks think they soo bad and can one shot stuff then u see them dead, yet that Apoc Drk now not only never runs out of Hp, but never runs out of mp either. With his gimped Int Mod WS's.. Calaboldg's can solo Rarabs and Apoc's can solo NMs (without lol Dnc Sub) let it be.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zemarin; 12-18-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    While you do make some valid points and I'm trying to be constructive, most of the stuff you are talking about is basically solo stuff. I never really thought about Apoc combo with Entropy. That's different and I could see the uses for it, but when would that really be practical if you aren't soloing or doing campaign? I could see this shinning in low man stuff in abyssea and be a different swing on things.

Most activities or NM's that aren't easily destroyed by empy or relic weapons you really wouldn't need to get your hp or mp back as you would probably have other means for that so that combo would kinda be moot. Yes, you could make your own darkness with Entropy which I feel is the best thing about it, but while you are doing that, other classes can do the same thing with /sam and do it better with more damage. DRK shouldn't have to get an Apoc and then using Entropy for a very good combo that's only situational. At the same token, your pretty much a subpar PLD if you don't have an Ochain or Aegis.

I think you make valid points about Entropy, but it's damage and mechanics are really poor. It's not like a low level DRK can use it. It's a 96 lvl WS why not make it stronger? I don't see why they could not see this reasoning. Yes, other jobs can use it (like my bst lol) but I don't see the harm in upping the damage and changing the mod for it as the other jobs that can utilize it have other options so I don't know why they couldn't just use STR mod.

Why can't they make it stronger and then keep the MP recovery effect or lower it? DRKs get shafted anyway so at least this way they can be a bit more competitive with other jobs and not be a novelty kind of job while using a scythe. When I think of DRK or play on it, I am expected to stun when I can and do damage here or there. It's just a shame that you are x10 times more efficient doing that with a GS then scythe with these new weapon skills. To me using a scythe on DRK is like using a sword on DNC, yes you can use it and make it somewhat efficient, but why would you when a dagger can be so much better?

For a weapon that supposed to be suited for a class, it's benefits are pretty piss poor. Even if they upped the damage I don't think it would be game breaking. A WAR could possibly use it in a different way with good results with JA's, but why bother with scythe when you have something like Ukko's? Even bst could possibly benefit if it got stronger while subbing say SCH if they kept the MP recovery effect. So you would have a more melee orientated bst that could solo things in a different way with a pet as opposed to soloing focusing more on your pet. Not game breaking and no different then what it can do now so I don't not see why they can't up the damage for Entropy.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruebyy View Post
    People, people. Don't settle so soon. We need to be upset about this and in a major way so hopefully they'll elect to buff it before. Its terrible how DRK with every update has very little reason to use its signature weapon with each update. Or maybe i'm the only person who thinks so.
    BOLD UNDERLINE 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 FONT
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemarin View Post
    Um.... don't you think I would have posted that comment Under the assumption of knowing that Tor Cleaver >> Tor Clever = Light... Are you stupid?

Guillotine > Guilltine = Nothing
    Spinning Slash >> Spinning Slash = Nothing
    Ground Strike Ground Strike = Nothing
    Resultion + GS WS = What?

Entropy the only WS that can Make Darkness with Scythe without a Relic WS and its sad that had to ever be elaborated on like a buncha tards picking straws just for the sake of being "right".

That being Said If your going to reply to my post dont be captain Obvious to Assume I meant the Merit WS is > EMp WS (which is dumb tarded on ur part.)
    Just a Hint Quietus >> Quietus also Darkness So is Catastrophe >> Catastrophe btw not to Mention Apoc makes a way better weapon than Calabolg.

The point of it all is that this WS is way better then failotine and needs to stop being compared to it. Pretty sad 2 other ppl cant understand that from a short post.. srsly u 2 need to eat more brain foods.

Inb4 ppl start correlating using a WS to Nuking, and junk.. just cause u want MP back doesn't mean u nuke.. ps my DRK is a hume btw~ Check Prof's before you start talking. 1 dread spike at 600 Mp = 12%? ur mana~ tht's assuming u only use it then i read rambling trash up into about how you do 6k dmg in abyssea. plz go outside and solo a lvl 99 Crawler with Rampage/ur leet DPs without using any mp at all and Get back at me bro, Delusional ppl are the one who think Abyssea = all of FFXI.

Drk + Infinite Mp = No down Time to recover Mp = can Solo more + Can reliably off Tank more Tore Cleaver Outside Abyssea is barely stronger than Anything Else (Its really the ODD/SC that help it) Outside Abyssea Catastrophe > TorCleaver Tank + Haste + Blood Wep > 2~3k dmg WS on shit mobs and Tor Cleaver cant crit. Ukko's Fury still out parses loldrk's GS ws so whats the point of the argument again? oh ya nothing. Oh ya top it all off DRK has no SC bonus.. sadface.. lets add more nonsense shall we?

I love ppl who view drk so unrealistically really shows u never fought an hnm/vnm before. Also love how most use the word useless.. trying to Out parse Warrior on Drk is like Me trying to out Heal Whm on Sch or Out nuke blm on Rdm. And tank better than pld on Drg (cuz wyverns can cure).

I love How Tor Cleaver Drks think they soo bad and can one shot stuff then u see them dead, yet that Apoc Drk now not only never runs out of Hp, but never runs out of mp either. With his gimped Int Mod WS's.. Calaboldg's can solo Rarabs and Apoc's can solo NMs (without lol Dnc Sub) let it be.
    did you really use drk soloing as a basis for one of your points?

really!?!?!?!?!?

/sigh
    (0)

Character
    Generic
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Resolution says sup
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    drk/war eh?
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    go drk\war use all your buffs\potions do average damage. got it.
    (0)

Character
    Generic
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I wanna see your average dmg on Kaggen :/ poidh bruh

Too bad DRK doesn't get MS etc
    (0)
    Last edited by Haxetc; 12-22-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    you're missing the point, you would do a helluva lot more total dmg with /sam and a 5 hit scythe, 7 hit caladbolg.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxetc View Post
    I wanna see your average dmg on Kaggen :/ poidh bruh

Too bad DRK doesn't get MS etc

/faceplam

This is the 2nd coming of SA+Torcleaver SSs.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast