Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

FFXI crashes completely when i try to access the test server. Please assist.

I'm having trouble logging accessing the test server. I tried a couple weeks ago and when it is suppose to go to the full screen, my screen says auto adjusting in progress then crashes. Any solutions?
    (0)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Same Issue:
    * Downloaded Install/Image zips
    * Extracted Zips (following the Readme in the Install zip)
    * Copied the Image Files before accessing the Test Client
    * Ran Update (After File Transfer)
    * Update Complete > Full Screen > POL Crash
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 12-01-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Organizational

Player
    Same problem for me, still no solution
    (0)

Clearly just blocking those pesky non-JP Clients from clogging up the server with people who's feedback won't be listened too.

I kid i kid. Mostly. Sorry, I'm very jaded these days Even though i know its not true.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Also experiencing this issue.
    (0)

Support Rep
    DarkBass,

We apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server process. However we have created a forum dedicated to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Servers. We have gone ahead and moved this thread to that forum so that you can receive additional support from the community.

For future reference, please direct all posts related to the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server to the forums located at:
    TEST SERVER Forums
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you people just visited that forum first, you'd discover the simple answer: You didn't install it right.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you people just visited that forum first, you'd discover the simple answer: You didn't install it right.
    Except!

My brother did visit the forum first, Tried the trouble shooting, and read the readme and followed the instructions. and still had the issue, my guess is he set it up wrong.

But you don't have to go straight into assuming everyone having the problem ignorantly and blindly went ignored the help text/what have you.

i can't speak for every poster here though. I personally set up my Test server fine on my PC, My brother was the one with the issue and he knows more about computers then me. While i still think he probably did set it up wrong, He did research the issue first before making the first above comment.

I told him it was likely due to the Test server maint... Oh well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 12-02-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    But you don't have to go straight into assuming everyone having the problem ignorantly
    I'm sorry, but i'm not accusing people of being ignorant (but it does make logical sense to post a test-server related topic in a test-server forum). I'm only saying that they should have looked/searched for the solution first. I've posted the solution to this problem multiple times. Chances are, if you're having a problem, someone else has had it too, after all.

The problem is that when you extract the zip files, all the files go inside a folder called FFXI. The thing is, you're not supposed to move this folder to the install directory. You're supposed to move only the stuff inside of it. Otherwise, all the files are in the wrong place and the game crashes because it can't find most of its data. They don't make this clear, and the mistake is understandable.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ok i see. Where do i move it to exactly?
    (0)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast