Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
I don't reall ffxiah much, but I read BG all the time, and here on the official forums is the first time I've ever heard this 0 enmity theory.
Don't remember if there's a thread about it (don't think so, but there are a few on FFXIAH and Allakhazam, KI too I think), but there are quite a few random posts, spread mostly into the random questions threads.
As I said before, it's mostly a matter of different people reporting these things, more than anybody doing careful testings.
Which I would normally consider moot, but I've seen reported it so many times by so many people in so many forums you kinda start raising your right eybrow.

Zhronne I agree that's a strange occurence that happened to you, do you happen to remember how much damage those nukes did?
Nope sorry, but it was normal damage for a gimpy SCH like me. It wasn't something like 200 damage etc, probably was around 2k or something below (if I recall I wasn't using ebullience)

Were you wearing any -enmity gear at all? Did the ninja have a good +enmity set?
Ninja was using full AF3+2 set, possibly Yonin was up. I don't have any special -enmity gear. Your average gimpy ful AF3+2, AF2 belt, int+5 rings, hecate/moldavite, HQ staves, AF3 neck, Twilight Cape, and I had no klimaform/weather up for sure.
Definitely no Ebullience or other strategems. No Animus either on either me or the NIN.

Do those mobs have particularly strange hate mechanics?
As far as I remember they don't have hate reset mechanics.
Pretty sure about Granite Borer, don't remember about the slime-thing in Konsch but don't think he has anything like that.
Mobs have been popped/claimed for just a few seconds anyway, doubt they did any TP move, just a single spellcast probably.

Are you sure the ninja wasn't doing other stuff? (trying to proc with Ni nukes or debuffs, for instance?)
No, he usually starts with debuffs like Hojo/Kurayami/Yurin hoping for hints during those 3, at the time my spells hit he was still doing those. He didn't voke on Borer (used Violent flourish) and if I recall he didn't voke on the slug either but I might be wrong here, not 1005 sure.

Did the BRD cast Adventurer's Dirge on you? Did he cast Foe Sirvante on the NIN?
Don't think he has those 2 merited, but BRD was afk anyway, shouldn't even have mentioned him lol, sorry for the confusion
Oh and we were just in two on the slime guy btw, brd was there only on Borer but came back like a while after the thing happened.

If you could provide the ffxiah thread i would appreciate it. I think i found it but I have to go buy a new rim for my car so I can't read it at the moment.
If I recall the thread was the same one you found, which has the tests for the other things (which have been ruled out) ont he first page.
In the following page there are other people reporting the "omigod I cast a spell and no enmity!!1one!" thing.
Lemme check and I'll copypaste.
That was the main one, pretty sure. Think there were a few more random ones.