Thread: AF3 Body...

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

AF3 Body...

yeah, anyone ever find out what they enhanced about our addenda?
    (0)

Player
    its sposed to be related to a % chance at 0 enmity
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vavant View Post
    its sposed to be related to a % chance at 0 enmity
    People keep saying this, but still no one has done any testing on it.

I'm betting it does the same thing the "enhances enmity douse" and "enhances soul jump" (or whichever jump it is) does.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Anything involving enmity is just really hard to test without extensive work. Personally, I don't really care what the bonus is because everything else on the piece is more than powerful enough for me to use it 90% of the time (though it would be nice to know more than 'it does something to enmity')
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Anything involving enmity is just really hard to test without extensive work. Personally, I don't really care what the bonus is because everything else on the piece is more than powerful enough for me to use it 90% of the time (though it would be nice to know more than 'it does something to enmity')
    Well if it were significant enough I could eliminate my -enmity body piece and save inventory space.

Of course if it were significant enough ppl would probably have already figured it out.
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    the scholar empyrean has a % chance of a 0% enmity gain not sure the actual % but it is rather frequent from what i have seen its around 20% that's a rough estimate
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    People keep saying this, but still no one has done any testing on it.

I'm betting it does the same thing the "enhances enmity douse" and "enhances soul jump" (or whichever jump it is) does.
    Raksha you already said you "didn't believe it" in another thread, until me or someone else linked the discussion with the tests (was it on BG? On FFXIAH? I don't remember).

I'm aware it wasn't a particularly extensive set, but there also were very little doubts hinting at something else.
    It's just a very small chance of generating 0 enmity while casting a spell, period.
    Not worth to take off your -enmity gearset, you can't "control" when the proc happens, and anyway it's a very low percentage.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    the scholar empyrean has a % chance of a 0% enmity gain not sure the actual % but it is rather frequent from what i have seen its around 20% that's a rough estimate
    You have a link to testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Raksha you already said you "didn't believe it" in another thread, until me or someone else linked the discussion with the tests (was it on BG? On FFXIAH? I don't remember).

I'm aware it wasn't a particularly extensive set, but there also were very little doubts hinting at something else.
    It's just a very small chance of generating 0 enmity while casting a spell, period.
    Not worth to take off your -enmity gearset, you can't "control" when the proc happens, and anyway it's a very low percentage.

No one ever provided the testing, I think you may have an inaccurate memory of that other thread.

I have no idea what the body does, and occasional 0 enmity sounds like a pretty good guess, but there are lots of good guesses that don't turn out to be accurate, so until I see some tests I'm going to withhold judgement.

If it was a significant proc rate, it probably would be worth losing the -5 enm from body slot (for example if it was more than a 5% proc rate) because you'd end up less enmity over time that way.

This question keep coming up, though, so an official response would be nice.

/holdingmybreath
    (0)

LOGIC.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    No one ever provided the testing, I think you may have an inaccurate memory of that other thread.
    Depending on your definition of "inaccurate", HERE is the link.
    Discussion went on for a few pages.
    The original test was pretty moot, more a collection of people reporting strange occurencies with their enmity.
    Also, there was a more detailed test on FFXIAH (I think) that you linked in another thread that ruled out several other possibilities that were previously hypothesyzed (most of which were pretty complicated anyway).
    With those ruled out, the "occasional no enmity proc" made much more sense.

Back then I never experienced it, it happened to me two times not long ago. Similar situation both times. Ninja had just voked and was back tanking, no huge spikes enmity aside from casting a few debuffs, I cast a seriously damaging spell on the target for lots of damage and he stays sticked to the tank.
    That wouldn't have been possible without an enmity reduction (zero?) proc. It happened only those two times to me, I figure the proc rate must be pretty low, but then again I don't play SCH that often... and when I do I'm in situations where tanks are holding hate so good that I wouldn't notice if one of my spells generates zero enmity.
    I imagine these to be the most common situations among us? That's probably why a lot of people have never noticed it.

If it was a significant proc rate, it probably would be worth losing the -5 enm from body slot (for example if it was more than a 5% proc rate) because you'd end up less enmity over time that way.
    Supposing that's the real effect of the body (can't be 100% sure, but it definitely makes a lot of sense to me), I doubt it has a high %, and it's gonna be so random that a fixed -enmity is probably going to be much more reliable if you wanna keep your enmity generation down, no?
    I think at least D:

This reminds me the fact I wish they could fix Augeo and Minuo... /sigh
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Supposing that's the real effect of the body (can't be 100% sure, but it definitely makes a lot of sense to me), I doubt it has a high %, and it's gonna be so random that a fixed -enmity is probably going to be much more reliable if you wanna keep your enmity generation down, no?
    I think at least D:

Think of it like WSing in double attack gear. Sure not ALL of your WSes are gonna double attack, but on average your total damage is going to go up.

Depending on your definition of "inaccurate", HERE is the link.
    Discussion went on for a few pages.
    The original test was pretty moot, more a collection of people reporting strange occurencies with their enmity.
    Also, there was a more detailed test on FFXIAH (I think) that you linked in another thread that ruled out several other possibilities that were previously hypothesyzed (most of which were pretty complicated anyway).
    With those ruled out, the "occasional no enmity proc" made much more sense.
    Yeah and yet still no one can provide me with a link to these tests.

I don't really want to argue about it again, i'm not trying to be hostile or anything, I just don't want speculation to cause me (or anyone else) to make an inferior gear choice. Just because we ruled out a lot of things, doesnt make any leftover hypotheses more plausible. If anything, I'd be more likely to believe that it's broken.

Maybe i'll kidnap byrth and we can hammer this thing out.
    (1)

LOGIC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast