Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Seriously, when I get SMN to the 99 cap the main issue I've always had is that the Avatars' 2-hour BP ability damage never scaled up like it should have to begin with. Crappy fix implemented by making Odin and Alexander 2 hour only avatars.

If SE can implement it so all the avatars 2 Hour Bloodpacts are relevant again, then I'll be pumping Merit Points into it.
    This.

It's like they're scared to scale the damage dealt by avatars. Damage wise, nearly every jobs but SMN has increased exponentially. SE gave us Holy Mist, Night Terror, and Lunar Bay since they were absent of merit blood pacts, but they don't even do anything to match the damage merit blood pacts do. There's no reason to use them because they're horrible. Same with current astral flow abilities.

Damage of normal and astral flow blood pact should have been made reliant on summoning magic. Same with increasing potency of Blood Pact Wards, instead of giving us "Nightmare II"

Cait Sith will bring more abilities with once available but honestly I do have to stand behind those who say that she won't particularly add anything more to SMN other than yet another avatar with limited use.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Alkar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I'm ready to give up now. New Diabolos BP is Death... that's the last straw.
    Obviously it does have horrible accuracy.
    I honestly hope they're NOT tied to Merit Group 3 because that'd mean we could only use them every 2 hours and we already have a bunch of those.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alkar; 12-01-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Well I have to admit, SE is doing nothing to make SMN seem attractive or to keep us playing on it. But SMN isn't the only one.
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tarage
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE doesn't know how players play their own game. It's rather depressing to see them flail about.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well seeing as the new WS are all merit themselves. There's nothing from stopping SE to add general 2-hour improvement merits in a category along with new summoner BPs. It also isn't entirely impossible they will simply add a full set of 99 BPs later on.

My point is we have no idea what they have planned that they can't announce or are still in design stages on. There's still that nifty little JA that's supposed to let us decrease our BP timer. That isn't on test either at 99 is it? Give it time folks.
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

It is however quite interesting to see SE manage to make SMN the worst job in history of MMOs. It is like they actually try and do the worst ideas they can imagine, to be sure they are original and have never been done by others.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    It is however quite interesting to see SE manage to make SMN the worst job in history of MMOs. It is like they actually try and do the worst ideas they can imagine, to be sure they are original and have never been done by others.
    I still find it amazing that you hate SMN even though it's your 'main' job. Tell me, have you bothered to play any less popular jobs?

Are they able to solo as many NMs as we can? Method is debatable, but SMN is not the 'worst' job in the history of MMOs.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Pero por que?

I has one job for you: Star Wars Galaxies: Entertainer.

yeah.....

BTW: having played smn since NA inception I will say the job has VASTLY improved over what it used to be. I remember days of smn skill doing -nothing- (supposedly helping interrupt.. ha!) no merit Blood pacts, Fenrir was IMPOSSIBLE to get. To level you had to either cure spam in parties forever or go solo bombs/goblins/bees... forever. There was practically no gear that helped smn aside from AF... then relic.. and finally JSE.

Things have been worse
    (1)
    My other car is a summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    I still find it amazing that you hate SMN even though it's your 'main' job. Tell me, have you bothered to play any less popular jobs?

Are they able to solo as many NMs as we can? Method is debatable, but SMN is not the 'worst' job in the history of MMOs.
    It is worst since it is a "support" class that still, 10 years after it was made, is not even counted as support. It is worst because it is a mix of melee and mage, but only the bad parts. (From melee we got the delay it takes to build 100% TP with 0% haste, from mages we got that we have to pay MP to use our abilities). Not to mention we have 50% of our pets being ignored by the development team.

And the reason I keep playing is arrogance. Each time I see the sloppy job of SMN I think "Wow, I'm so much superior to these developers."

BTW: having played smn since NA inception I will say the job has VASTLY improved over what it used to be. I remember days of smn skill doing -nothing- (supposedly helping interrupt.. ha!) no merit Blood pacts, Fenrir was IMPOSSIBLE to get. To level you had to either cure spam in parties forever or go solo bombs/goblins/bees... forever. There was practically no gear that helped smn aside from AF... then relic.. and finally JSE.
    Yea it is better. But the job still is in Beta stage. I've predicted that FFXI will be ready for launch around 2015, when the job balance has been done.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Summons used to be great dmg dealers as a one-time spell(not having it out as a pet). WTF is SE turning Summoner into??

Why the hell are they being so conservative about Summoner anyway and why hasn't Phoenix or Sylph made it to the big picture yet?? I normally respect the summoner job but it's looking depressing to how the community is reacting to the job. Smn should be gaining skills, abilities and more power over time, not getting "gimped/ nerfed" or w/e.
    (1)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast