Thread: add /godmode

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

add /godmode

would like to see the test server with /godmode added so you are given the chance to go out and test things solo without the fear of dying in certain places, would be nice to check activation rates etc so you can just hack away at mobs and start counting.
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Not on the test server, but I think the correct command you're asking for is /debugmode on/off.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

they already said they were gonna add something like this.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's already planned, since there usually isn't enough people to test the new content without having something like that.
    (0)

Character
    Kesac
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    Probably the easiest way to do this would be adding an option to the GM moogle that grants a Transcendence effect for 2 hours (which can be cancelled off if needed). Could also do Physical + Magical Shield instead. (Also with +100% speed quickening on the moogle (perhaps on any teleport?))
    (0)

If they wanted tests to still happen under normal circumstances, they could add an effect that simply made damage you took not be reduced from yuor HP pool. That way, you would for example still be able to see if some enemy attacks are terribly unbalanced and hit you for 5000 damage, but you wouldn't die from it so you could continue testing.
    (0)

Character
    Kesac
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    True. Physical/Magical shield wouldn't allow that, and Transcendency grants a 90% damage reduction (plus the reduction from abnormally high VIT/defense).
    (0)

Yep, that's exactly why . While you would be able to tell if you received abnormally high damage under a brew (taking 200 damage under brew means the attack must have been pretty strong), I would think it's much easier to notice freak occurences like this if you took normal damage but just never died from it. Also, it would be easier to notice for example AI bugs if every NM fight wasn't over in 10 seconds.

Of course, SE could implement both infinite HP mode, as well as god mode (transcendence), but I have a feeling that almsot everyone would be using godmode all the time, and therefore never really use the other mode that I think would make more sense for testing purposes.

-edit-
    Just thought of an easy way to implement the infinite hp mode. Constant sentinel's schero + 4000 hp/tick regen. Maybe double or triple the HP to give you more of a buffer. I dunno.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-01-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Character
    Justinmx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Could simply make an item (ammo piece/earring/ring etc) with DT-100% and remove the DT cap.
    (0)