Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    yeah right, because not everyone kisses blind the behinds that are shown to him, he should stop playing a game. Yay!
    If the game doesn't appeal to his sensibilities then yet he should stop playing it and find one that does. There are plenty of WoW style casual MMOs out there so it won't be hard.
    (0)

Character
    Kimikryo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    you dont like it when somebody points out flaws in ffxi right? if someone does this he needs to get easier mmos! gogo away everyone that has ideas to improve the game, go to WoW blizzard listens to their customers, SE doesnt care!
    (7)

Player
    Clearly I'm just not allowed to enjoy the good parts of the game if I dare to break the taboo of criticizing the bad parts.
    (5)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I have to say, I think that it's really just bad luck on the OP's part. I've done several rounds of weapon trials (I did a Masa back in the day before degearing my SAM at 80 and stopping at the VNM point... I regret tossing my GK now, as well as a Kannagi, an OAT Sword, and am working on an Armageddon), and I've never really had much bad luck on NMs. Masa had some annoyances, I remember the spider was a pain to spawn once. Kannagi? That dang rabbit, Ratatoskr or whatever... that was a pain. The rest weren't a problem, though I might have gotten lucky. Bugbear Strongman spawned from himself on my 3rd and 4th kills, which was nice, and on Hotpot I ended up with five other players to ease the headache, who let me AFK one kill. None of the pops took more than 2 hours or so.

My point here isn't to brag, it's more so to show that it's luck. These are Notorious Monsters, rare creatures who have unique loot. Don't get me wrong, I didn't say relevant loot to here and now, but it's supposed to be unique and something you don't pick up casually. These mobs have spawn conditions you have to meet, and then it's no guarantee. Yeah, it's a bit of a time sink at times, but it could be worse. Honestly I've always been more annoyed at converting a clear abyssite to a colorful after 30+ kills, then having it change to a T3 on the first kill after.

Don't like the respawn time? Spend that hour or so of downtime that most NMs have and either go do something else in the game, or if you're going to toss out the RL card, then go do something else. If you only can kill one NM per day (not one trial, just one NM kill on a particular trial), because you don't have much playtime? Just do that. You don't have the time to blaze through an Empyreal WS in a week, that's understandable. Take your time, and work with what time you have, you'll get there even if it takes you a lot longer. You have more RL commitments (or a shorter attention span, more likely) than people who finish off their trial NMs in a day.

tl;dr: NMs can be fickle but generally aren't too bad, and if you want an Empy in a week, free up some time or shut up and take what time you have with your RL situation. No easy button for an already easy weapon.
    (3)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    you dont like it when somebody points out flaws in ffxi right? if someone does this he needs to get easier mmos! gogo away everyone that has ideas to improve the game, go to WoW blizzard listens to their customers, SE doesnt care!
    I don't think you realise that it isn't a flaw in the game, it's been pointed out several times that it is in fact a time sink.

I'd run out of fingers listing all the time sinks in this game (and they'll be in the other games, MMO or not). Be it from NM timers, relic weapons or crafting & fishing - it's what keeps the player base playing, and for longer durations. If things were easier and quicker in these aspects then everyone would have done everything by now and perhaps would have quit. Or alternatively Square-Enix would have had to invest in several more expansions to keep everyone active, which costs them a lot of money to do.

Think about the amount of man hours that have come to the above from everyone that has participated since the creation of FFXI, then consider how much profit that has made Square-Enix.
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That reminds me about that time where in 3 days I almost saw more Bloodtear Baldruffs than Lumbering Lamberts >__>
    The second time I did it was much smoother.

Friend of mine had to wait 20hrs for a repop. That's a VERY RARE occurrence, but it can happen.
    Tbh all these small nms should need is a max window, like there was one for the old HNMs (21-24). You had big opening windows, but also there was a CLOSING ONE.
    All these silly NMS should have a max window too. Make it 3 hours, 4, 5... I don't care, but don't leave it potentially infinite as it is now.
    It's very annoying indeed.

Now I'd love to add how much most lv95 magian trials sucked and had retarded conditions for retarded upgrades, but I guess I'll leave that for another thread... [/rantoff]
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    If a person have real life commitments and responsibilities, they clearly need to readjust their priorities as to how much time they allow themselves to play the game and what activities they participate in during their free time. SE has taken great strides over the last year and a half to make the game more open to those who are more time conscious... And that's how we ended up with Abyssea, easy leveling with a trade off of less informed and improperly equipped and/or skilled whiners... I mean players, among other things.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Caps locks is cruise control for cool.

I agree that the lottery spawn NMs for Magian weapons do indeed suck. I wouldn't mind seeing something altered. That said, there are so many people with empyrean weapons who obviously went through these trials first, that they can't be that difficult.
    Well I was kinda pissed yesterday but I have cooled off now.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juri_Licious View Post
    25+ hours of Black Triple Stars of hunting and I still need one more.
    This is the NM I am talking about... I logged off after I missed that opportunity to kill.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 11-29-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    That nm is HORRIBLE if you're doing it alone. It's one that you most definitely want some one with. I lucked out and was able to get two in one night, but I wouldn't have gotten that second one without the other person the far opposite end of the spawn area, other wise it would have taken me three days to take that thing out. Easily the most frustrating NM of the the dagger and staff trials.

I'm not against doing something about the spawn times, but I'm not supporting it either. Some people have the patience and time to sit down and camp lottery spawn NMs consecutively, with or without bad luck on pop after killing the placeholders. These are the ones you already see with more than one full emp weapons or even woe versions. Those that do not have the patience or time either take their time whenever they play to do one weapon or don't do them at all. It's pretty much working as intended as far as SE is looking at it.

Remember, empyrean weapons are on the same pedestal as relic and mythic weapons, yet unlike those two, it's still completely possible to make one in two weeks time of dedication and lots of KI holders for abyssea NMs. Most people settle for level 85 and move on or keep going. Meanwhile relics still take several weeks of both dedicated farming in dynamis and/or gil spent on currency just to make one under the new dynamis adjustments. Mythics still take a forever and a day.

Point is, complaining isn't going to make a change considering how many people have already gotten over these feets. There's people out there working on these trials that are at level 95 and don't even have full +2 Empyrean armor, let alone even full +1 sets.
    Well if that was true it would still take more then a few days to reach level 75.
    (0)

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast