Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Get rid of 8 hour windows for Notorious Monsters

OKAY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS SO FUN ABOUT CAMPING A NOTORIOUS MONSTER THAT HAS AN 8 HOUR WINDOW WTF!?????!?! SERIOUSLY THERE IS NOTHING I REPEAT NOTHING FUN ABOUT CAMPING A LOTTERY SPAWN NOTORIOUS MONSTER FOR 8 HOURS WITH NO POP. SO THE NM POPS AND AS SOON AS IT POPS I LOOSE CONNECTION. LUCKY ME MY PARTY MEMBERS KILLED IT BEFORE I GET BACK. 4 HOURS WASTED!!!... WASTED. ON A NM THAT ONLY SPAWNS AT NIGHT WHAT THE F?!??! SERIOUSLY SE?
    (26)
    Last edited by svengalis; 11-29-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Caps locks is cruise control for cool.

I agree that the lottery spawn NMs for Magian weapons do indeed suck. I wouldn't mind seeing something altered. That said, there are so many people with empyrean weapons who obviously went through these trials first, that they can't be that difficult.
    (10)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    You must be new to the game~
    (16)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

No need to all caps your shit, but apart from that, you're right. Retardedly long spawn timers are retarded.
    (7)

Character
    Drstrangelove
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I've done 5 weapons and they were easy. That's 5 x 21=105 kills. 90% were in about 1-1.5 hours and only a few (about 10) went over 3 hours. None were over 5 hours. And that was likely because I wasn't killing the correct placeholder.

Kill the correct PH and don't blame SE. It work's fine.
    (9)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    It's obviously different for everyone. I've had the spider(for GS and later bow) spawn after 8 hours twice in a row, and I've had KoH spawn EXACTLY on the first PH kill 4 times in a row.

At most, you could probably spend several times longer than getting emp items just camping NMs. At least it can take what, 12 hours? Personally took me 3x as long camping the NMs as it did getting 50gems and 50lanterns.
    (6)

Character
    Drstrangelove
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    It's obviously different for everyone. I've had the spider(for GS and later bow) spawn after 8 hours twice in a row, and I've had KoH spawn EXACTLY on the first PH kill 4 times in a row.

At most, you could probably spend several times longer than getting emp items just camping NMs. At least it can take what, 12 hours? Personally took me 3x as long camping the NMs as it did getting 50gems and 50lanterns.
    I didn't do those particular NMs, (I did 30 different ones), so the point maybe is that there could be a NM that needs to be reviewed, not all magian NMs? Then it's a better idea to post exactly which ones are taking excessively long.

However, having said that, the game wasn't designed for every job, every weapon, every piece of gear and every NM to be identical in difficulty. E.g., Bravura is completed in Jeuno, Spharai is completed near NM that agro. (This was more of an issue when we are level 75!) Gems and lanterns are some of the easiest ones to collect, no? Dozens of examples can be posted.

Most of them don't have the issue the OP stated. And none of this looks at whether ALL of the trials for that weapon are as difficult, or whether some parts are unusually easy.
    (1)
    Last edited by DrStrangelove; 11-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    You know if you're in the process of getting kicked or been kicked, your character stays logged on for one or two minutes. I had an issue going against hovering hotpot where it took a good 8 hours before it spawned and as we were fighting it, I disconnected. I was upset but when I checked the magian spectacles, I got credit for it.

Always check your magian spectacles if you d/c while fighting a mark to see if you got credit or not. Also, little tip, if there's a jp or any group doing the same trials, they have no qualms with you sleeping while they finish it. Well... at least on Bismarck I know cause we're friendly like that.
    (0)
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    None of those monsters have set respawn times. It could be 4 hours, it could be 10 minutes. The only asbolute rule is it can't spawn back to back.

I've never had to wait 8 hours for any of those NM trials. More time than I would like, but the OP is taking things to a bit of an extreme level- especially with the bit about how his "allies" killed the monster while he was D/Ced. Things like that are freak occurrences and aren't SE's fault...
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    None of those monsters have set respawn times. It could be 4 hours, it could be 10 minutes. The only asbolute rule is it can't spawn back to back.

I've never had to wait 8 hours for any of those NM trials. More time than I would like, but the OP is taking things to a bit of an extreme level- especially with the bit about how his "allies" killed the monster while he was D/Ced. Things like that are freak occurrences and aren't SE's fault...
    Oh trust me, it happens. It happens frequently. Mention Triple Black Star and/or Hovering Hotpot to people that have a the emp dagger or gun.

I had to wait 8 hours on the cactuar NM in Altepa on the staff trials. I actually left to take care for a few hours after that and waited two more hours for it to spawn when I got back. Did not sleep at all. 5-6 hours (can't remember) on the Opo-Opo NM that came before.

Some NMs have a painstakingly long open window time to spawn. But it feels great when you finally finish it. All those lost hours meant nothing once you finish it. At least for me anyway.
    (2)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast