Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    This thread has taken the a most hilarious turn. So I'll say this, if you don't want to 'waste' the time camping trial NMs, then don't. No one is forcing you. Trial weapons are not essential to playing the game and having a good time.

With all the empyrean weapon wielders running around, SE has no obligation to change the 10 year old system of lottery spawn NMs. You seem to forget they want you to waste your time so they can still get paid. Still, I want to know if you checked the magian spectacles to see if you got credit instead of complaining about it.
    No I did not get credit.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    I don't think you realise that it isn't a flaw in the game, it's been pointed out several times that it is in fact a time sink.

I'd run out of fingers listing all the time sinks in this game (and they'll be in the other games, MMO or not). Be it from NM timers, relic weapons or crafting & fishing - it's what keeps the player base playing, and for longer durations. If things were easier and quicker in these aspects then everyone would have done everything by now and perhaps would have quit. Or alternatively Square-Enix would have had to invest in several more expansions to keep everyone active, which costs them a lot of money to do.

Think about the amount of man hours that have come to the above from everyone that has participated since the creation of FFXI, then consider how much profit that has made Square-Enix.
    Now think about all the people who have quit because of those time sinks and think about all the profit they could have had. I'm pretty confident most of the player base that plays now did not play 8 years ago. Casual gamers rule the industry whether you guys like to admit that or not.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    While true and we can only speculate this - How many people would have quit due to a lack of content if the time sinks weren't there? Square-Enix would have been forced to expand the game or face a completely dead game. People quit now because of the lack of content, and above all Square-Enix hasn't spent much on expanding.
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The reason I didn't specify which NM it was was because I ran into the same problem sort of while camping Namtar for GA. The random windows is annoying but Black Triple Stars adds to the mix by only spawning at night. There's a 24 min window for his spawn which gives you 4 chances to kill PH in hopes that it will spawn. If it doesn't you have to wait 36 mins til next window. Little bit ridiculous I think.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This long spawn time is a big BS... it should be 30-60 mnts respawn time. At most 90 mnts.
    (1)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Now think about all the people who have quit because of those time sinks and think about all the profit they could have had. I'm pretty confident most of the player base that plays now did not play 8 years ago. Casual gamers rule the industry whether you guys like to admit that or not.
    That's a rather hard, yet inaccurate fact to swallow.

I joined FFXI fully knowing what kind of MMO it was and it's a disturbing to sit here and play the game for what it is and enjoy it but to have a new wave of people rush in and like "NO NO NO! That's wrong, change it!" doesn't settle well. In that case, I tell casual gamers to go find another game to play that will cater to them if they want to do everything and own everything the game with minimum to little effort or time spent.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't mind a challenge. It's just that with these NMs, there is no challenge except the waiting and the randomness. You wait for hours one-shotting too weak place holders and spend a few seconds at most killing your not so notorious monster. I'd rather they give me something harder to kill and let me do it in my own time. Maybe give people an option! Trial of Patience or Trial of Skill. Eh, what am I thinking? Options are for other games! This is FFXI! It's the Moogle's way or the highway!
    (3)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I don't mind a challenge. It's just that with these NMs, there is no challenge except the waiting and the randomness. You wait for hours one-shotting too weak place holders and spend a few seconds at most killing your not so notorious monster. I'd rather they give me something harder to kill and let me do it in my own time. Maybe give people an option! Trial of Patience or Trial of Skill. Eh, what am I thinking? Options are for other games! This is FFXI! It's the Moogle's way or the highway!
    Quoted for hardcore truth.

Nothing in this game truly takes skill anymore, hasn't really since ToAU. Maybe getting 40k/hour meripos took a bit of skill, but it really boiled down to whether you're an idiot or not, or simply if you have the gear for it.
    (3)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    Pfft... you think I touched a the cure potency staff trial? No bueno.
    (1)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    They should make Argus a Trial NM.
    (1)

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast