This thread is made specifically for ideas. Please keep this in an organized fashion.
"Students in the art of war who employ stratagems to alter the tide of battle along with elemental magic to support their allies and annihilate their foes."
"We wish for scholars to further their education in order to become absolute masters of their art, and the latter stages of their research will produce skills comparable to those of a white or black mage whose spells may take time to cast, but compensate with both the bliss and destruction they beget."
Here are my thoughts and ideas for Scholar (Some ideas are from known members of forum which I give you people the credit for). Remember they're just ideas, I don't want other jobs complaining about Scholar getting stuff. (I.E. Cure V)
- Modus Veritas – Redirect the ability by reducing the chances of stacking by a set percentage.
- Conscientia (Enlightenment w/ different latin term) – Optimize light, dark, crimson arts and stratagems for one spell (unlimited stratagems for the spell)
- Sublimation – should be enhanced with armor upon usage. Armor doesn’t need to stay equipped
- Libra – Display an alliance based message to party members of enmity. TP, buffs, elemental weakness would be additional information Scholar personal recieves.
- Grimoire Session – The next stratagem will be increase from single target to area of effect
- Enlightenment- Refreshes the Scholar with a full amount of stratagems.
-Job Trait - Resist Amnesia (SCH needs this trait b/c we cannot use stratagems w/ amnesia, making us drastically less productive w/ our spell. So at least some resistence would work.)
- Light Arts – White Magic capabilities
• Healing (Yes I’ll agree cure V should be implemented for SCH being that we were on the same tier as WHM at 75 and b/c Regen can get dispelled)
• Healing spells can be tweaked from weather effect receiver has. (this is a cooked up thought, this can be combined with the eater-effects)
• Removing status ailments
• Enhanced Regen Spells (determined by weather effect)
• Storm-spells I
- Dark Arts – Dark Magic Capabilities
• Nuking (I-V) – Are good to me so far
• Helix – Are good to me so far.
• Klimaform neutral spell castable on allies to enhance regen or magical accuracy on others w/o manifestation / Accession
These spells are offensive spell that must be casted on the enemy for the elemental nuke/dot to take effect.
Example 1: SCH casts Drench(water based spell) on enemy, then SCH casts Thunder V for an bonus amount of damage from the corresponding spell.
• Drench (increases thunder-based magic to target)
• Oil (Increases fire-based magic to target)
• Torch (Increases water-based magic to target)
• Void (Increases dark-based magic to target)
• Gleam (Increases light-based magic to target)
• Feeble (Increases wind-based magic to target)
• Anneal (Increases earth-based magic to target)
• Chill (Increases ice-based magic to target)
- Crimson Arts – Special Magical/Physical Capabilities with sacrifice of the users HP
• Eater-spells occasionally converts a specific damaging magic element spell, into healing targeted member (the more elemental resistance the party member has the more Eater-spells procs)
• Storm Spells II
• “Jinx” (Minimizes enemy TP gain or gradual reduces enemy TP)
• “Confuse” (Enemy occasionally attacks themselves)
• “Berserk” (Party member attack is enhanced, however party member is bound and locked into target until effect is removed or wears off.)
Scholar Tabula Rasa
- The spells Kaustra and Embrava where a good step for new 2hr spells.
- Embrava is melee type of spell
- Kaustra is dark based spell
New Tabula Rasa spells
- Faith (Refresh/Magic.Acc/Magic Atk Bonus)
- Veil (Elemental Resistance/Damage Taken -)
- Ultima (Change to light based Nuke)
- Known Q/A
1.) Ultima is non-elemental based.
- Yes I know Ultima is a non-elemental spell, I state light based damage to balance out Scholar to have both a dark based spell and a light based spell that does very good damage.
2.) What does Conscienta stand for?
- Its Latin for Knowledge
3.) Eater spell..would that be broken?
- The eater spell would have the same percentage as the elemental satchets. But, able to be stackable with them.
4.) Confuse is enfeebling and berserk is enhancing.
- Yes, true these two spells can be for RDM also, I feel that confuse would mostly benefit equally on both sides. With RDM having a higher potency w/ armor and Saboteur.
5.) The spell Faith and Veil..Why?
- I figured S.E. gave us Embrava which seems like a melee beneficial spell. So i figure why not make a mage and tank beneficial spell also. This way SCH Tabula Rasa can be useful in a Mana or Tank PT also not just DD.
Conclusion: Thank you for reading my thread, please leave a comment of what you think. If you like some spells hit the like button and say what you like. I apologize if I may have typos in my thread.