Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Blue Mage spells use the same formulas that White Mage spells do, with a bit added on or taken off. Changes to ours would probably changes theirs. Then mob power calculations come in - if mobs can heal more they would be more difficult, and so on. Or at least that's two reasons they might not want to change the formula.
    BLU magic cures are identical to WHM cures. SE was incredibly lazy with them.

Magic Fruit is Cure V with -200 cure power
    Plenilune Embrace is Cure V with -90 cure power
    Wild Carrot is Cure III with a small reduction in cure power, don't know off the top of my head

White Wind is the only one that doesn't use a previous cure formula. It's only effected by your maximum HP
    floor(MaxHP/7)*2
    So you'd want to cure in full +potency and +HP gear.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not certain that even with changes to how much cures can cure that we will see Healing Magic actually take a satisfactory impact on what cures do (they certainly don't now) but perhaps on top of changing the cure formula to cure more based on that and other factors, Healing Magic skill will help with additional effects?

For example, perhaps having higher Healing Magic could result in effects such as (formulas below each for a general idea of what this could mean - these are not necessarily the formulas that should go into the game and are just present to illustrate):
    • Raised Enmity Generation / Lowered Enmity Generation while Tranquil Heart is available.
      Modifier which is multiplied (or divided when Tranquil Heart is present) against the current enmity amount generated by cures.
      Such as modifier = (Healing Magic Skill / 1000) +1
    • Reduced cast times.
      Spell casting time = 1 - (Healing Magic Skill / 2000)
    • Reduced recast times.
      Modifies the base recast (meaning that this bypasses the current 50% recast reduction cap). Base recast modifier = 1 - (Healing Magic Skill / 2000)
    • Reduced MP cost / MP return based on amount cured.
      A reduced MP cost modifier could be something like this: Current spell cost = 1 - (Healing Magic Skill / 2000).
      A MP return (like the WHM AF3 pants) could work something like Return Percentage = (Healing Magic Skill / 200)
    • Reduced Spell Interrupt Rate (Beyond what Healing Magic Skill already provides.)
      Spell Interrupt Percentage added = (Healing Magic Skill / 20)

As you can see, none of these are the common "Give everyone a rip off of Afflatus Solace" that is normally seen, without boosting the cure amounts too greatly.

Part of the reason this thread was started was to increase the usefulness of Healing Magic Skill, but I'm not sure it will be a significant enough amount to compare to other boosts that things get from skills with cure amount modifications alone, especially since coming to a good balance number with how much things cure is very difficult as is.

Alternative changes in addition to the eventual formula changes to cure amounts themselves would definitely help sway this towards the proper amount of impact the skill has on jobs that use it.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Today is a bit of a boring question, coming from my curiosity.

Okay, ever since we got the reply and testing of Enhancing Magic (and weak confirmations from other sources I never bothered to follow up that certain other magic skills cap in effectiveness at 500), I've started to wonder about White Mage's primary skill, which is part of the reason this thread got started. Of course, we know that healing magic has potency caps already, but does it have a potency cap on healing magic?

Looking at my previous post, I actually balanced the example numbers (that are only there for an idea of what effects could possibly do) around the number 500, which is somewhat funny.

Since I haven't actually bothered to gear around healing magic skill in... well, ever, I was wondering if someone else could test this for me? It should be fairly easy to check against a cure calculator, provided someone has the means to get a large amount of skill: "Does Healing Magic keep boosting otherwise uncapped cures after 500 skill?" For testing this, I suggest having a way to test at 500 skill and 510 skill which should (unless you have a decent setup that has well over 250 MND somehow) bring Cure V up by at least one point.

White Mage could in theory get up to ~566 (569 Lightsday) Healing Magic skill (although this would eat into cure potency gear, and be largely inefficient compared to gearing for MND).

• Base - A+
    • Merits
      +16
    • Main - Beneficus (Club)
      +15
    • Sub - Healing Mace (Club)
      +7
    • Head - Hyksos Khat +1
      +11
    • Neck - Colossus's Torque
      +7 (10)
    • Ear - Healing Earring
      +3
    • Body - Orison Bliaud +2
      +20
    • Hands - Hlr. Mitts +1
      +15
    • Ring - Sirona's Ring
      +10
    • Back - Altruistic Cape
      +5
    • Waist - Bishop's Sash
      +5
    • Legs - Clr. Pantaln. +2
      +18
    • Feet - Rubeus Boots
      +10
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Healing Magic Skill just adds to cure power. Each tier of Cure has its own soft cap on how much healing magic skill adds, after that it's only incredibly small amounts. Cure 1 ~ 4 reach their soft cap rapidly, Cure 5 has a much higher cap but it still exists. That's the whole reason BLU's M.Fruit and P.Embrace scale so well with healing magic skill, they have the same caps as Cure V but start at a much lower cure power. What SE needs to do is lift the caps and even out the scaling. It'll take more skill to go up in cure power but the soft cap would be much higher.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I can hit 500 (508 actually) skill, though trying to find someone to lend me Hyksos Hat to test is proving rather difficult.

Whilst cure-power seems uncapped (or, specifically, that the cap hasn't been reached yet), what he was looking for is verification that any surplus (500+) healing skill isn't reduced to 500 for calculating the base cure power.

Presumably, it should be easy enough to test, if sufficient gear is available.
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein View Post
    [dev1076] Healing Adjustments
    As part of a continued overhaul of healing potency, the calculation of certain bonuses will be adjusted as follows:

Revised Method
    (1) "Cure potency +" and "Waltz potency +" will stack for a maximum bonus of fifty percent.
    (2) "Potency of Cure effect received +" and "Potency of Waltz effect received +" will stack for a maximum bonus of thirty percent.
    (1) and (2) may then stack for a maximum bonus of ninety-five(*) percent.

*The final value will be calculated in two stages, with (2) applied to the enhanced value of (1), allowing for a total bonus greater than the sum of the two percentages.
    So, the first part of healing adjustments arrives... seems just to be a minor fix so that Healer's Roll (COR) isn't worthless.

=/
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    I can hit 500 (508 actually) skill, though trying to find someone to lend me Hyksos Hat to test is proving rather difficult.
    Actually, screw testing it lower, plop on your gear to test at 508. Just plug in the numbers to a cure calculator and test with Cure V. If the numbers are lower then expected by a point or two then we have our answer.
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As requested:

Fixed stats (119 MND 89 VIT) and varied Healing Skill
    No potency, nigh-naked.

FFXIcalc and Furen's calculator both give the same answer as shown above.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    Fixed stats (119 MND 89 VIT)
    Thanks for the numbers. I always feel silly when I can't test these things myself.

We now know that Healing Magic does not cap potency based on skill (but it does cap based on cure hard caps for the base numbers).

Another silly question. Basically, is weather gear still a separate check vs. cure potency received gear or not? I figure there are two possibilities, barring a major bug like them sharing a cap:
    • Weather gear and cure potency received mix additively.
      Cap of 2.55x before job abilities under ideal conditions.
    • Weather gear and cure potency received mix with multiplication.
      Cap of 2.73x before job abilities under ideal conditions.
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I honestly don't mind testing things, moreso if we learn something out of it...

I'll have to have a look around for some potency received gear but I imagine it'd be difficult what with the recent change to the gear..
    (0)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast