Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    That reminds me, I've been uncertain of how effective Tranquil Heart is. Easy enough to build an -enmity set, but that job trait could have a value that counts as additional gear enmity- and we all know it caps at -50.
    Testing shows it ignores and does not count for the gear cap. Here is the information.
    (2)
    Last edited by Economizer; 04-21-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Before I forget again, FFXI Calculator has been updated with the new cure values. I haven't checked to see how accurate it is to the spreadsheet (and it could use some work, like a Twilight Cape checkbox or one for Rapture enhancing gear) however it seems mostly correct from a casual glance.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Furen's Cure Calculator has been updated again. It should be showing updated values to account for the proper method of rounding. Hopefully it is completely accurate now.

As a special treat, he shared a few screenshots with me of his time in FFXI before he quit. Here is one where one of his friends decided to invent planking in Vana'diel (this was before the craze I believe). Well either that or he died in a funny pose. Whichever.

(1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bumping for great justice!

Mostly I've been enjoying the new cure changes (mostly on scholar, jesus...). Though the following things bug me:

Cure 6 and Regen Spells
    Efficiency numbers at reasonably high end scenarios.
    Cure1 ~40 hp/mp
    Cure2 ~25 hp/mp
    Cure3 ~35 hp/mp
    Cure4 ~34 hp/mp
    Cure5 ~22 hp/mp (efficiency lost is gained through its reduced enmity generation)
    Cure6 ~12 hp/mp
    Regen1 ~25hp/mp
    Regen2 ~15hp/mp
    Regen3 ~13hp/mp
    Regen4 ~14hp/mp
    Cura's and Curaga's are something I'd like to touch on later...

Cure6 was pretty poor before the cure formula changed, and only got worse. It is THREE TIMES worse than cure4 at curing... for a spell that is supposedly one of our highest tier cure spells this shouldn't be the case.

Whenever they announced Regen5 for SCH, i wrote this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    As a white, i feel like it's a little bit of a slap in the face to have regen merits and enhances regen on our relic body only to not have access to the highest tier regen spell.
    Honestly I'm not sure where I stand on the matter now... part of me feels that because SCH has gained regen 'mastery' (as witnessed by most potent/longer duration regens and Regen V) that we're not going to be seeing any fix for them on WHM. The reduction in casting time sorted out one of the problems with the spell line, but it seems in need of some sort of boost.

Cura/Curaga spells

Quote Originally Posted by Gildren View Post
    Cure spells will be adjusted so that Healing Magic skill will play a greater role in determining their potency.
    At high skill levels, Cure spells will heal more HP than before, while low skill levels will see minimal benefit. The degree to which Healing Magic skill affects HP healed will vary by spell, with Cure I-IV seeing the most significant adjustments.
    Cure I-IV: Amount of HP recovered may increase by as much as 1.4 times
    Cure V-VI: Minimal adjustments.
    *Curaga I-V and Cura I-III will remain unchanged.
    -----
    If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1094] tag.

Why were these not changed over to the new cure formula? Was there a specific reason? (is there even a reason at all?).
    (2)
    Last edited by Aleste; 04-29-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Testing shows it ignores and does not count for the gear cap. Here is the information.
    Ah, I didn't recall reading that page, cheers. I checked otherwiki instead... /should know better than that. Moving on!

Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    Why were these not changed over to the new cure formula? Was there a specific reason? (is there even a reason at all?).
    I honestly don't understand why they weren't changed either. If one line of cure spells gets modified, the rest should too. Admitedly, I do not really know Curas well enough, but I know curagas used the same formula for potency.

This just results in us having inconsistency with the cure setups, although I would not be surprised if "balance" was a reason, or rather, potentially even MP cost adjustments and they'd want to avoid that.

Meh, I'll just blame their vision of "balance" on that. Seems to be the trend. I can understand why curagas weren't changed, but I will definitely concur with the thoughts on Cure VI.... I definitely don't agree with their nerfing of its potency, given its immense MP cost. It's a joke to use even as an emergency cure, lol.
    (2)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 05-04-2012 at 08:46 AM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15