Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Clandestine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    With so many jobs now having important JAs or JTs added since Artifact Armor was created, in the early levels, I'd like to see a reevaluation of the armor first. The same should've been done for Relic Armor too in my opinion.

Samurai comes to mind immediately since Hasso, Seigan, and Sekkanoki were all added after the creation of AF Armor. Then there's also PUP (Deus Ex Automata and Resist Amnesia), NIN (Yonin and Innin), WHM (Tranquil Heart, Divine Veil, Divine Benison, Afflatus Solace and Afflatus Misery), DRG (Conserve TP), BLM (Magic Burst Bonus and Elemental Celerity), RDM (Composure and Tranquil Heart), PLD (Shield Mastery and Auto Refresh), DRK (Stalwart Soul and Occult Acumen), BST (Resist Amnesia), BRD (Pianissimo), RNG (Velocity Shot and Dead Aim), SMN (Elemental Siphon), COR (Rapid Shot and Resist Amnesia), SCH (Tranquil Heart and soon, the Helix spells will be available early enough).

The other jobs that didn't get low level changes could use a reevaluation as well, but you get the idea.
    (0)
    "A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."

Bruce Lee

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    What if, along with competitive stat increases, AF1+2 came with a new graphical model? As someone said earlier in this thread, the more recent armor sets boast much better design. If the AF sets were redone with better graphics, while retaining the classic AF style, I would upgrade them for looks alone.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Here's my suggestion for AF1 +2:

Nothing.
    (0)
    There is more to FFXI than Abyssea.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by uptempo View Post
    Einherjar was a twice weekly event if he wanted ebody so bad he would have saved his points for it, really is as simple as that.
    Except he did. Other people who wanted EBody were ahead of him in points (hence, being locked out). So, no, he could not spend the points, no matter how much he saved up for EBody, as long as the Abjuration never dropped and there were 2846 other people waiting for it to drop.

It's not like you can do Odin all the time either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 11-29-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I don't know if this is aimed to me, others, or everyone in general, but ultimately, I think it would be easier to make AF1+2 gear for filling the roles certain pieces do already (like the WHM mitts) then it would be to make new stuff, at least from the standpoint of designing quests or synth recipes to get said new gear.
    It's not aimed at anyone personally or singularly, it's a general statement to keep the discussion on topic, thank you.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They are redoing old gear, if you like it or not they are doing it to homam, af2, nyzul gear, salvage gear. My issue is they are redoing everything except af1, that’s the problem. Second, there has been new gear for every update since 75. The op is why is af1 being given the the ugly red headed step child treatment in the budget crunch? Please stay on topic, thank you.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just put your Artifact, Relic and your Empyrean sets into a synergy furnace w/ a Tarutaru!

This is what I got out the deal!

(1)
    Last edited by Krashport; 12-08-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Would it really help?
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not really, it would just increase the potency of invites, that won't do anything when the rate is 0.
    (0)

Not to be called a party pooper, but there are a maximum number of stats/adjustments that can be put onto a single piece of armor. Most relic/artifact/Af3 already hits that limit, so there's no way they'd be able to combine the stats. This is why a lot of AF1 loses its elemental resistance when upgraded to +1.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast