Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

    To Developers: Regen spells

    This is for the Developers.

    Can they look into giving RDM access to the enhancing magic spells Regen III / Regen IV.

    If SE doesn't desire to give RDM access to Cure V then they should at least give us access to the higher level enhancing spells of Regen. This would be a great assistance to RDM's role in supporting their fellow party members.
    (5)

  2. #2
    Player tyrantsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Posts
    522
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Regen III/IV would be nice. Tho with composure, these spell would be like crack for melee. IDK if having those spells wouldn't be a little broken. But since we know for sure RDM is not going to see Cure V, doesn't hurt to ask. And would probably make the RDM community happy.
    (2)

  3. #3
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Regen III/IV would be nice. Tho with composure, these spell would be like crack for melee. IDK if having those spells wouldn't be a little broken. But since we know for sure RDM is not going to see Cure V, doesn't hurt to ask. And would probably make the RDM community happy.
    Well SCH already gets a JA that makes their enhancing magic 2x duration, along with the super effects that LA gives them. This would still be below them but would allow us to support heal better.
    (3)

  4. #4
    Player Kaych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    210
    Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I dont support this, however I do want the regen spells to last way longer than they do now.
    For instance if you have a regen spell active on one member it lasts 10 minutes. If you have two regen spells active in a party, they will each last 5 minutes. 4 Regens active 2.5 minutes active and so on.

    With RDMs the case would be a litle different since they have the jobability Composure. Any suggestions?
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

  5. #5
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    I dont support this, however I do want the regen spells to last way longer than they do now.
    For instance if you have a regen spell active on one member it lasts 10 minutes. If you have two regen spells active in a party, they will each last 5 minutes. 4 Regens active 2.5 minutes active and so on.

    With RDMs the case would be a litle different since they have the jobability Composure. Any suggestions?
    Even with Regen IV RDM would still only have 30 HP per tick, Okay it would do ~1800 over the duration of 3 minutes but big woop! That'd barely touch most jobs on any content Abyssea+ heck even Dynamis.

    The only use it'd ever have is for RDM themselves, it will never be a means to actually heal anyone but yourself.
    (1)

  6. #6
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nahh with our emp gear it would last a good chunk of time. Your not trying to cure someone for 1000 HP, your recovering them from the damage their going to take. Monster hits for 250, player regen's 30HP. It reduces cure load over time not replaces healing altogether.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Nahh with our emp gear it would last a good chunk of time. Your not trying to cure someone for 1000 HP, your recovering them from the damage their going to take. Monster hits for 250, player regen's 30HP. It reduces cure load over time not replaces healing altogether.
    Under double duration, it'd be what 1:57 hardly game breaking. Personally Regen IV would be nice, but I see no reason not to get at least Regen III. Two tiers less than the master (SCH) one tier less than WHM.
    (2)

  8. #8
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Under double duration, it'd be what 1:57 hardly game breaking. Personally Regen IV would be nice, but I see no reason not to get at least Regen III. Two tiers less than the master (SCH) one tier less than WHM.
    Considering your original quote was,

    The only use it'd ever have is for RDM themselves, it will never be a means to actually heal anyone but yourself.
    And I refuted it. Regen isn't a primary means of curing people, its just healing support. Properly utilized it reduces the amount of healing needed. Back at 75 I would go RDM/SCH and cycle Regen II in-between Haste's on the melee group. Was a nice way to counteract the aoe's people would be taking along with the occasional accession Cure IV.
    (1)

  9. #9
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    This wouldn't affect me much either way, personally. Regens are fundamentally useless if you're actually fighting something that's ITG or VT+. You're either wasting ticks, or you're dead. There's very little middle ground.
    (2)

    I will have my revenge!

  10. #10
    Player tyrantsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Posts
    522
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I see the best utility for this as a duo situation. Lets say a RDM and a WAR fighting mobs that do between 70 to 120 damage on normal strikes. With Phalanx and Regen III/IV on the WAR, you effectively cut down on the amount of support the WAR needs to get by. And free's the RDM up to do what ever.

    In end game situation I suppose it would allow melee to recover at a medium pace after getting hit from AOE's as long as there not being spammed. They might be helpful in keeping pace with damage in a RDM main heal situation, tho I wouldn't put much stock in that. The way I've seen it, getting a guy back up to max hp is imperative in end game fights. Mobs do such massive damage I've seen ppl go down when they were in the white with only 5 to 10 % of their hp gone.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast