Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 193
  1. #71
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,577
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Such misplaced rage at SCH and BLU right now. Especially since SCH itself is in a pretty terrible position right now and, as far as the rest of the game is concerned, RDM and BLU don't fill the same spot in a group.
    Think the issue with BLU for some people is exactly that it could fill RDM's slot if you wanted it to, as for SCH it's because they got Accession after so many years RDM's were asking for it.
    (0)

  2. #72
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    There is no rage at SCH. It's simple, if you want something that will work for everyone, fine. If you want specific buffs for your job that directly take away from another job, no thanks. If you want your job to be better, think of ways that makes your job better without making other jobs worse. There is no reason you should be able to Accession things that aren't part of your job. It doesn't make any sense. If you want something from another job, you should be willing to share or at least support them in their own growth.

    As far as BLU goes, you have a job that works. RDM has a job that is blatantly broken. Don't try to tell us that we don't need buffs when your job actually gets improvements to itself past 75 and ours isn't. It comes across as hypocritical and in bad taste.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  3. #73
    Player Swords's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    As far as BLU goes, you have a job that works. RDM has a job that is blatantly broken. Don't try to tell us that we don't need buffs when your job actually gets improvements to itself past 75 and RDM hasn't really received anything overly significant in 8 years. It comes across as hypocritical and in bad taste.
    Fixed for clarity.
    (4)

  4. #74
    Player ManaKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    897
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Fixed for clarity.
    Sorry, you're right, I was being vague.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

  5. #75
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post
    Really though, is this so much about WHM. Thought the whole point he brought up BLU to begin with was to point out it has better capability than either RDM or SCH at healing and enhancing even if BLU's role would be more or less restricted to it (which at the moment RDM pretty much is).
    Yeah kinda finding it funny that people arguing WHM vs BLU when I clearly said BLU is the second best healer in the game by a very large margin. A BLU can actually main heal a party, no sh!t if they dress in mage gear and use mage spells / JT's then they can actually heal just fine. Having three separate mid to high powered cures is the reason, SCH, RDM and every other job in the game (/WHM) has to wait for Cure IV's timer, BLU on the other hand will be spamming fruit / embrace and using Cure IV as a backup for when the first two timers are down. Embrace for 700+ and Fruit for 600+ at 18% potency is ridiculous, especially when you consider it's cost. WHM is obviously the best, but BLU crush's RDM, SCH, SMN and DNC for healing.
    (1)

  6. #76
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,169
    In a single party. Screw the DPS drop, get a whm if you want a healer.
    (1)

  7. #77
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    In a single party. Screw the DPS drop, get a whm if you want a healer.
    Umm ... WTF?

    What DPS drop, if the BLU is there to main heal, then their there to heal not do damage. Although they would do more damage then a WHM would. For the same reason, if a RDM is there to main heal then they shouldn't be meleeing either.

    If your saying "get a WHM" then you immediately forfeit your argument for RDM getting Cure V because you only want one healer in the game. BLU can already main heal just fine, they don't because their too scared of being forced back into RDM's shoes if the general population found out they could heal just fine. Or between you arguing that RDM should get Cure V so there would be more main healers, and then your statement to just use a WHM and forgo any alternate healers, did you have some sort of change of heart.

    Cognitive Dissonance, ain't it a b****.
    (0)

  8. #78
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,169
    If you're looking for an actual main healer for something moderately difficult, you're not looking for Blu. If it is not a moderately difficult mob the Blu doesn't need to use cure pot main/sub. If you are doing a moderately difficult mob and are looking for a Blu main healer, you have problems. I've given up asking for Cure V because SE is stubborn/stupid over the issue nothing else.
    (1)

  9. #79
    Player Greatguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,238
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Yeah kinda finding it funny that people arguing WHM vs BLU when I clearly said BLU is the second best healer in the game by a very large margin. A BLU can actually main heal a party, no sh!t if they dress in mage gear and use mage spells / JT's then they can actually heal just fine. Having three separate mid to high powered cures is the reason, SCH, RDM and every other job in the game (/WHM) has to wait for Cure IV's timer, BLU on the other hand will be spamming fruit / embrace and using Cure IV as a backup for when the first two timers are down. Embrace for 700+ and Fruit for 600+ at 18% potency is ridiculous, especially when you consider it's cost. WHM is obviously the best, but BLU crush's RDM, SCH, SMN and DNC for healing.
    You're the one who compared it to WHM in the first place, broski. BLU doesn't even come close to WHM in terms of efficiency (though you claimed otherwise, quite loudly), and you were using terribad gear potency comparisons even in the scope of BLU vs RDM. No RDM worth half a shit is sitting on a measly 18% Cure Potency.

    Good job completely avoiding all of the actual math proving you wrong, though, and choosing instead to make swipes at people in the second person.
    (4)

    I will have my revenge!

  10. #80
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,169
    He is sitting on 18% cure potency though, while sword swinging with augmented gear.
    (1)

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast