Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    We aren't a very strong job, we are just the job that is strong enough to be the weakest in the game and still have people play it.

Just make our AoE buffing surround things that is RDM specific and there shouldn't be a problem. No one is going to complain about AoE Haste. If they do, they should be taken out side to a back alley and re-educated.
    Now, now. We're not Summoner quite yet.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    I was about to counter mentioning Pup/bst, then I remembered there's hardly anyone playing those jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    This is for the developers.

Can they alter accession to work with many of the staple enhancing buffs that RDM's use.

Haste
    Enspell II
    Gain-XXX spells
    Temper

Those spells should be usable with accession or have some other method for a RDM to make them aoe. You allow BLU to aoe their spells to party members, you should allow RDM to do the same.
    approve this message
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    I rather have those spells affected by accession under the main job SCH only. give SCH some advantage since they are the job who own those abilities.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    I rather have those spells affected by accession under the main job SCH only. give SCH some advantage since they are the job who own those abilities.
    When a Scholar casts Gain-STR, Temper, or En-Blizzard II he or she would be able to make those spells Area of Effect.

Something seems off. Let me look at that again.

When a Scholar casts Gain-STR, Temper, or En-Blizzard II he or she would be able to make those spells Area of Effect.

That really doesn't sound right. Maybe if I look at it one more time, I can figure it out.

When Scholar casts...Hey! Wait a minute! Scholar doesn't have any of those spells!
    (9)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 11-27-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I removed the most useless piece of punctuation ever: the semi-colon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    *waits for better-quality bait than this*

I agree that Accession needs to include Haste (among other spells) now that Scholars could easily do this now with /WHM as well as Red and White Mages. I can't speak for all career Summoners, but I have absolutely no qualms with this as I'd have all the more chance to do other things in a party (like those new Fenrir/Diabolos wards, for example). I could somewhat understand the concern at the 75 cap, but now there's no real objection that I can see for not doing this. Besides, it would certainly streamline this dimension of the job's repertoire. I don't agree with the argument that it would lock RDM into /SCH, though, as some NMs may still require /DRK or /BLM for Stuns (I deliberately excluded /WHM from this point as there's no excuse for leaving out WHMs under any circumstance).

The definition of job balance needs to change with the level cap.
    (3)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Haste
    Enspell II
    Gain-XXX spells
    Temper
    I'm not so sure on Temper or Enspell II (one could argue that these are for Red Mage melee, not buffing the party; one could also argue that unlike Haste, they wouldn't follow the "rules" of Scholar AoE-ability), but on Haste and Gain-XXX spells, I have the following thoughts:

Red Mage should have gotten Boost-XXX spells instead like White Mage - if cast times mattered, a secret Job Ability to make them cast faster for Red Mage. There is not a lot of good reasons why this spell is different between the two aside from just making Red Mage not be able to AOE for no good reason.

Haste should be Accessionable, however, both Red Mage and White Mage should get Hastega at some high level, at the same time. Thus, /SCH isn't completely overpowered, but /SCH would still allow Haste to be casted on Alliance members.

While we are at it, give Red Mage more AoE debuffs, and higher tiers of Dia. They're in the Dats already last I heard, and Red Mage could use a better crowd control role. Sleep could still be Black Mage only if it matters.
    (1)
    Last edited by Economizer; 11-27-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Clarification.

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that Accession needs to include Haste (among other spells) now that Scholars could easily do this now with /WHM as well as Red and White Mages.
    People deliberately exclude that because they were very specific when they said that Haste would not be a spell compatible with Accession. Besides, that wouldn't give us an edge because WHMs are subbing /SCH too.

But we've yet to have any word that Refresh II, Enspell II, Temper, and Gain-??? are going to be deliberately excluded on the basis of some phantom balance issue. Their exclusion is baffling.

Refresh II is nothing more than a tier'd up version of Refresh, only SCH can use the latter and not the former. Enspell II's are nothing more than tier'd up gimp versions of Enspells, only SCH can use the latter and not the former. Gain-??? are self-target versions of Boost-???, much like RDM's Barspells are self-target versions of WHM's Bar-ra spells, only SCH has access to Barspells but not Gain-??? spells.

We can't even use Accession for Baramnesia! New spell. Hmm...

While we are at it, give Red Mage more AoE debuffs
    What is it that makes people go hard for AoE debuffs? When, most of the time, you're fighting lone, difficult enemies?
    (1)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 11-27-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    SMNs can easily solo plenty of NMs, there is nothing weak about a well equipped SMN. Same with PUP and BST. If you take those jobs seriously they are amazing. Most people think they are jokes so they play them like jokes, but I have friends that play all of those jobs and they are capable of soloing all sorts of content that generally requires multiple people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonshou View Post
    Well that really doesn't make any sense since SCH doesn't get Temper, Enspell 2s, Haste, or Gain spells. The only one you can sub is Haste. I don't want to Accession any of them either. I just want Composure to allow me to distribute the buffs that I get in a more convenient method. You can still enjoy that you can cast your buffs outside of your party, while I can be put in a specific party to support a specific group of people.

And honestly if you want to start jacking spells from RDM, we would be happy to take stuff from you. Don't think we have any interest in sharing anything that is actually unique to RDM at this point, since you already get almost every benefit a caster can get from /RDM. If you want Enspells, Temper, Gain Spells, or Refresh 2, we expect your unique toys in return.
    (0)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 11-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    What is it that makes people go hard for AoE debuffs? When, most of the time, you're fighting lone, difficult enemies?
    I'm under no illusion that this would make Red Mage more powerful. Even on tough mobs, there is one mob with high resist rates, which AoE spells won't really be good for.

What AoE debuffs will be good for is crowd fights, which Red Mage already excels on with spikes and Phalanx. Considering that the spells are already in the dats, it would take less game resources and dev time to produce this as well. Basically, it doesn't overpower Red Mage (unless being able to wipe shadows without waking mobs or making them unsleepable is overpowered for Red Mage) and would take minimal work compared to other things.

Shoot, maybe when SE releases more dungeon crawl type content, they'll have hordes of weak foes susceptible to debuffs but not sleep to exploit this with.
    (1)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast