Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Obviously another 10% JA haste would be superior to anything enspells could do without a very specific situation. DNC is also kinda of a rare job, I don't see many in groups and I've rarely partied with one. I was assuming no DNC present. Of course that opens up the possibility of RDM/DNC giving 5% haste samba, depending on situation could be very useful.
    I have 4 people I play with regularly that play DNC for one thing or another. True, DNC has to be on a mob for Sambas to be effective, while RDM can cast at least Enspell 1s from relative safety. It's just annoying that you can't get both to work at the same time or that a RDM/DNC can't apply both to an ally. I don't personally like the job combination at all, but I play it in dynamis so we have a raiser that can proc just in case a reraise goes wrong.
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    I have 4 people I play with regularly that play DNC for one thing or another. True, DNC has to be on a mob for Sambas to be effective, while RDM can cast at least Enspell 1s from relative safety. It's just annoying that you can't get both to work at the same time or that a RDM/DNC can't apply both to an ally. I don't personally like the job combination at all, but I play it in dynamis so we have a raiser that can proc just in case a reraise goes wrong.
    Let me check this but I'm fairly sure that even with enspell on your still applying the special status effect on the NM. So while you don't get the haste effect, your other party members should be.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Let me check this but I'm fairly sure that even with enspell on your still applying the special status effect on the NM. So while you don't get the haste effect, your other party members should be.
    This is correct.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We haven't received favorable replies to Haste, but I still have ideas they might be more receptive to.

You know how they talked about perhaps giving Scholar the ability to cast Regen outside of parties? I've been thinking... in another thread I suggested they give Scholar mains the ability to cast weather spells outside of parties too, which is a good idea. And in the past I've also suggested that Gain-STAT spells should be castable on others, along with Phalanx (suggesting they get rid of Phalanx II) by Red Mages.

So what if Red Mage mains, perhaps past a certain level or under a certain job ability (Composure) could cast Refresh, Phalanx, and Gain spells on anyone in their alliance? Not AOE or anything, just on others.

While Refresh II might not be a big enough difference to make it so you want three Red Mages in an alliance, I think it has always been a big enough one that I've always fought for one in my party - being able to have it casted cross party would mean one RDM could hit all the mages in a party, despite party positioning. On the Gain spells, my thinking is that it would be for characters already getting hit by Boost-STAT spells that want a different buff, or other situational things. Same with Phalanx, although the main thing would be that it is party castable, allowing Red Mages more freedom to merit things, freeing up a spell slot for SE to make a new spell with, and making Red Mage more competitive.

It might not be AoE spells, but it would be a very, very nice change.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    We haven't received favorable replies to Haste, but I still have ideas they might be more receptive to.

You know how they talked about perhaps giving Scholar the ability to cast Regen outside of parties? I've been thinking... in another thread I suggested they give Scholar mains the ability to cast weather spells outside of parties too, which is a good idea. And in the past I've also suggested that Gain-STAT spells should be castable on others, along with Phalanx (suggesting they get rid of Phalanx II) by Red Mages.

So what if Red Mage mains, perhaps past a certain level or under a certain job ability (Composure) could cast Refresh, Phalanx, and Gain spells on anyone in their alliance? Not AOE or anything, just on others.

While Refresh II might not be a big enough difference to make it so you want three Red Mages in an alliance, I think it has always been a big enough one that I've always fought for one in my party - being able to have it casted cross party would mean one RDM could hit all the mages in a party, despite party positioning. On the Gain spells, my thinking is that it would be for characters already getting hit by Boost-STAT spells that want a different buff, or other situational things. Same with Phalanx, although the main thing would be that it is party castable, allowing Red Mages more freedom to merit things, freeing up a spell slot for SE to make a new spell with, and making Red Mage more competitive.

It might not be AoE spells, but it would be a very, very nice change.
    Alliance wide cycles... While it's not a bad idea, non AoE I think I'd pass on RDM if they did that.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Alliance wide cycles... While it's not a bad idea, non AoE I think I'd pass on RDM if they did that.
    Yeah, it was a big fear I had when I was writing it. If it really is an issue, I think maybe just Refresh should be alliance targetable, but the other two should be party targetable regardless.
    (1)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Yeah, it was a big fear I had when I was writing it. If it really is an issue, I think maybe just Refresh should be alliance targetable, but the other two should be party targetable regardless.
    RDM seems to be SEs play thing for coming up with restrictions on targeting groups. We'll most likely have to ride out all of the updates to FFXI to find out what they intend to do about RDM. They really haven't said anything transparent in a long time.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    RDM have no natural spell that is aoe. Not one. They don't deserve hastega and they certainly don't deserve some AoE job ability that allows them to AoE their spells.

That said I am all for allowing Accession to AoE more white magic spells, but this should be accessible to everyone, not just RDM/SCH. WHM/SCH and SCH/RDM should also be able to AoE Haste, Refresh, and what have you.

Edit: And RDM a joke? Please. RDM used to be the king of solo, and is still able to solo what it used to be able to solo back in the day. Now I understand RDM has had its light taken from it with everyone gaining its powerful spells via subjob, but I think there are better ways than giving RDM access to things it would never have access to (like native AoE spells). It's a good job, it just needs to have its strong points enhanced better.
    (2)
    Last edited by Meyi; 12-18-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Rdm has diaga, thats AOE
    (5)

Drk has poisonga, that's AOE.

One spell of dozens isn't much of a precedent.
    (4)

I will have my revenge!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast