Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Firstly, why are the RDMs complaining about a SCH job ability...? You all complained about if we had the level cap as 100 and that Composure would be made subjob-accessible. Then go off and complain about a spell not stacking with something that, with the old level cap, was SCH exclusive? And does this mean that if a spell isn't Accession compatible, you'd rather not waste the time casting it? Ex; casting AoE Refresh I rather than Refresh II.

Secondly, if you honestly have trouble keeping a haste cycle going, lol. RDM is a support-role job in a party situation. At a time, it could main heal effectively, but that has come and gone. RDM (again, in a party/alliance role) hinders the target's actions while applying supporting magics onto allies and healing/nuking when they're primary role has been fulfilled.

Hastega isn't going to help this job. (And I loved RDM from day 1 of my time in FFXI) It needs a great number of things over Hastega... Cure V would be more useful than Hastega, but everyone's seem to have given up on that since the devs have very clearly stated no job, other than WHM, would get it. (Which, actually, if you take the time to get a cure potency + set for BLU, you're the second best healer in the game... Sub sch for -na spells and the healing skill increase.)

I agree that RDM needs some major fixes. And, from the looks of it, will be one of the last (if not already last) jobs to get patch-work done. But Hastega? Really? Leave it to SMNs/BRDs...
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Since this thread will now be dead...

When will they fix the , after everyone's name on the "New Posts" page, very annoying!

That is how you handle certain posts.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuharu View Post
    RDM (again, in a party/alliance role) hinders the target's actions while applying supporting magics onto allies and healing/nuking when they're primary role has been fulfilled.
    Sorry, but that was 20 levels ago. Try doing that now.
    (4)

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    In regards to Haste specifically, the stats surrounding the spell were created for a single target in mind, so for balance reasons we have no plans to make it possible to turn it into an AoE spell.
    Could you perhaps ask the Dev team to elaborate on this a bit for us? Because technically spells like Blink/Stoneskin/Aquaveil/Enspells/Phalanx, which are self target only compared to Haste which is an "everyone" spell, were also obviously designed to be "single target", but here we are with it being AoE-able with Accession anyways. So really, that explanation doesn't really explain anything. I understand Haste is a very powerful stat, but because Haste's recast is low, we're still able Haste everyone in a PT. It'd just be nice if it could be AoE'd to ease up an already busy job.

I remember back when Lv80 cap was released a lot of people were really excited about being able to accession Haste, only to have those hopes crushed later on. As far as I can see it myself, there's no problems with Haste being AoE-able through Accession... It's not like the base stats are changed and people are suddenly swinging like they're under the effects of Hundred Fists. The only benefit is it just makes the mage's life a little easier, or rather, makes the game a little less tedious. How is that a bad thing?

I feel at times that the only reason it can't be Accessioned is because people were actually excited about it pre-80 and talked about it a lot making the devs think "Do they know something we don't? ...Better nerf it to be safe..."

If I could just make a small request to the dev team... Could we perhaps actually get explanations on why they do the things they do, instead of just "working as intended"? Because unless they logically and fully explain themselves, people will just continue to ask for these things. If we the players have a better idea on what their idea of "balance" is, it'd certainly help us give better suggestions for improvements to the game and help prevent the same question being asked again every couple weeks.
    (3)

Player
    RDM is designed to specialize in enfeebling yet we only have 2 unique enfeebles. WHM, which specializes in "healing" still gets high level enfeebles, but the inverse s not true as RDM does not get high level healing. Why give WHM Addle, a level 80+ Enfeeble, but not give RDM a level 70 Cure?
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I just think it's amusing people continue to think the solution to their job problems is to boost them even more when it boils down to content. So sure are you that RDM in it's current state will remain in the grave? Do I have to recite the countless examples over the years as to why this mindset is false?

It's always the same story. The people think boosting jobs is the answer. Make us stronger! SE says nope, we're just going to do content right so the roles of jobs are useful. The players say nope, we don't want to play the game as intended, we want to zerg. SE says nope, we're just going to do content right so the roles of jobs are useful.The people say nope, we're quitting this is BS. SE says okay we'll give you what you want. The people say really? SE says nope, it's just Chuck Testa.

Early 2010 if I told any of you that BLM BLU WHM SMN would be the future stars of FFXI while BRD COR RDM and zerg merit PTs would be in the dumps I would have had the worst name in the community EVER across the internet and in game. WTF is this idiot talking about, there's nothing SE can ever do to accomplish the BS he is spewing. Yeah. What can they ever do to accomplish the same for RDM in the future you ask? The hell if I know. I didn't see Abyssea coming anymore than the next person. But just because I can't fathom the solution does not mean in the least that a solution is impossible as proven by Abyssea. So either SE knows what they are doing long term to set things right, or one day soon RDM is going to see adjustments to make them really impossible to say no to.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Holding on to vain hope for higher tier enfeebles, maybe SE making Dia affected by Saboteur, and maybe that enfeebling/cure adjustment not being a flop.
    (1)

Player
    Also you said "Magic was split so that Red Mage gets single target and White Mage gets AoEs" BUT WHITE MAGE GETS BOTH SO THEY SPECIALIZE IN BOTH
    (5)

Player
    Self Target spells have NO value for Red Mage. Change them AT LEAST to single target. Gain-stat spells have such a limited effect on RDM gameplay but could do worlds of benefit for other jobs and RDM specializes in Enhancing magic but our best enhancing spells go to jobs that sub /RDM48. A BLM99/RDM48 can heal just as good as a RDM99 and also haste and refresh people. Gravity 2 is a JOKE.
    (5)

Character
    Lowen
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So what's the logic behind Garuda's Hastega pact? Is this not identical to how Accession Haste would work?
    (1)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast