Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    I actually think... the post 75 Limit break is too monotonous. They really need to make something different from collection seals/crest and save up limit point.

How about a 2 v 2 game with Maat and Degenhard? Bring a friend with you, and create a win condition base on your 2 job combo, instead of pure defeating enemies. 20x20 jobs, 400 different win conditions..... um.... maybe stick with 20 win conditions are better.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Please. I got an ancient papyrus while waiting around in Eldieme for someone to come flip a switch. I can solo liches at 90 without breaking a sweat. All three items for G1 are a piece of cake. It was easy to find high level help for me back in 2004, and it's MUCH easier now that the game is so top heavy and the drop rates are improved.

G2 I know they made the NMs easier. I could probably solo the things now.

G3 and G4 are just fetch quests.

G5, well I can't imagine that's any easier.
    (0)

i'm fine with the genkai quests, stops absolutely new characters from leeching aby. raise the level limit in aby, and i might agree to get rid of genkai (even though it will never happen)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Khary View Post
    SE, Please do away with these quests. As a returning player with a new character I can tell you that these quests are extremely difficult to find help with at this point in the game's life. These quests only take away from the fun aspects of the game, there is no need to slow down a person's leveling by making them stop and do limit breaks.
    Thanks
    my name is jakary of ramuh and i disapprove of this message.
    (0)

Character
    Joeygils
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khary View Post
    SE, Please do away with these quests. As a returning player with a new character I can tell you that these quests are extremely difficult to find help with at this point in the game's life. These quests only take away from the fun aspects of the game, there is no need to slow down a person's leveling by making them stop and do limit breaks.
    Thanks
    They already increased item drop rates and lowered the NM's strength.
    When i did the 2nd limit break years ago it required an alliance of 18!
    Now you want them removed completely!?
    Suck it up bro!
    (0)

Character
    Joeygils
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Limit break 1 and 2 is way too difficult for a new players to solo, not to mention a huge timesink. Sure they are both doable if you can find a thief lvl 90 who is willing to do them all for you. Both quests are fine in 2003 when you have a lot of people trying to do the same thing, but not in 2011 where the new game directive seems to be in the "faster pace" direction. SE made a lot of adjustment already, they could do away with these two quests and make it much easier.
    Why do you say, "doable if you can find a thief lvl 90 who is willing to do them"?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You need to do genkai 1 or 2? Ask your linkshell. Do some shouting in Jeuno. I was able to get help on these quests when the game wasn't 99% people at the level cap.
    (0)

Character
    Klostro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I'd rather see development time spent on new quests/missions and items for upcoming content than see it wasted on "revamp/corrections" of game content that will only affect <5% of the gaming population. If you can't get someone to help you, then you either need to learn how to make friends, or join a linkshell when you see one shouting in Jeuno. My linkshell is more of an Endgame/Abyssea LS and we still take new players in and help them. Just gotta ask around.
    (0)

if you absolutely need help on this jump to ramuh and hit me up (Jakary is my char name) if i'm not in the middle of a ls event or static i will help you, i get kindred crests and HKC's all the time, got like over 200 of each lol i spend like all my time in abyssea too, and end up leaving abyssea with like 10 merits or so every time, i've literally run out of things to spend merits on

edit: but seriously though, GK's arent that hard
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by MrWigglles View Post
    They already increased item drop rates and lowered the NM's strength.
    When i did the 2nd limit break years ago it required an alliance of 18!
    Now you want them removed completely!?
    Suck it up bro!
    Tell these whippersnappers! Doing Genkai 1 and farming coffer keys required at least 2 parties back when I was in my 40s on my first job! The Ancient Papyrus drop rate was maybe 5-10% back then, and very few NAs were past level 60. Certain AF fights, like WHM and RDM, required an entire alliance because there were so few people high-levels. Genkai 2 required a full alliance as well, and a lot of people had to walk there because they had never been to Xarcabard to get the telepoint crystal back then. We had to rely on our linkshells to help us, and in return we would help everyone else. I think this is something that people just don't have anymore, and I feel a little bad for new players because of that.

I hate a lot of the artificial difficulty in this game, but I think that Genkai should stay as is. They upped the drop rates for the papyrus, the others were always easy to get. The whole point of the first few Genkai was to show you that you have to depend on other people, that you aren't supposed to always go it on your own. Some things have to be earned, your limit breaks are one of those things.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast