Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Khary
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Limit Break Quests

SE, Please do away with these quests. As a returning player with a new character I can tell you that these quests are extremely difficult to find help with at this point in the game's life. These quests only take away from the fun aspects of the game, there is no need to slow down a person's leveling by making them stop and do limit breaks.
    Thanks
    (2)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They arent gonna do away with them cus they already started them. Besides if there just too hard they can adjust it. I personally think SE is lacking in the Limit break quests with bringing actual quests out then collecting merits & beast seals.

I wouldnt mind seeing a HNM battle for 18 players at lv90cap for lv95. Simply just clicking ??? pops it. New Maat fight or something new.
    (0)

Character
    Khelina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I enjoyed G1-G5 back in the days of old and as a returning player it gives for some old fashion quests. Also, it breaks up some of the content for a n00b to Aby his way from 30-90 in a couple sessions (well for the first time at least).
    (0)
    WAR NIN SAM

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree, they should adjust the limit break to make it as easy as the latter limits. No more running around gathering useless stuffs. They should also tweak the maat battle, make it not as limit break, but a quest where if you defeat maat you get job specific items, and if you defeat him with all the jobs, you get the maat cap and other gears as well.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    They arent gonna do away with them cus they already started them. Besides if there just too hard they can adjust it. I personally think SE is lacking in the Limit break quests with bringing actual quests out then collecting merits & beast seals.

I wouldnt mind seeing a HNM battle for 18 players at lv90cap for lv95. Simply just clicking ??? pops it. New Maat fight or something new.
    NO, that would be ridiculous. This game doesn't have the community aspect it had 7 years ago. Finding help is hell at times I just log off.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Sometimes I wonder if you guys just don't like the adventuring aspect of quests. That "easy button" is going to wear itself out. I know finding people is hard to help get you through things, but limit caps are to test you limits. It wouldn't be a test if there wasn't some form of difficulty that went with it.
    (1)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Bishopward
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    COR Lv 91
    It really isn't that hard to find friends in this game to help you out, hell all you have to do is join a social LS. These quests aren't hard, and shouldn't be done away with because you guys want everything easy now. Stay as is. If anything, they need to do something about new limit break quests which are just really really lame.
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by JagerForrester View Post
    but limit caps are to test you limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    It really isn't that hard to find friends in this game to help you out,
    Am I the only one to see the total contradiction in these two posts both wanting to retain the Genkai events.?

Yes, they're supposed to test YOU, they're supposed to test YOUR CHARACTER and it's abilities. Fact is only the Maat fight does that, the others are simply exercises in group play that have little or nothing to do with an individual's ability to play their class; or one's ability to use oils and potions as in G3.

These aren't and never were, with the exception of Maat, anything to do with one's own playing ability, justifying the Genkai's existence on that basis is flawed. The Genkai process was gating content that forced group play, it was never what the game made it out to be.

Right now, after the nerfs a couple of years ago, G2 is the only one that can't be soloed as far as I can see, though G1 is pretty tough for most classes on their own, so to that extent the whole point is moot,
    (2)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 03-14-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Limit break 1 and 2 is way too difficult for a new players to solo, not to mention a huge timesink. Sure they are both doable if you can find a thief lvl 90 who is willing to do them all for you. Both quests are fine in 2003 when you have a lot of people trying to do the same thing, but not in 2011 where the new game directive seems to be in the "faster pace" direction. SE made a lot of adjustment already, they could do away with these two quests and make it much easier.
    (1)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Genkai 1: Treasure Test
    Genkai 2: Party Test
    Genkai 3: Fetch Test
    Genkai 4: NPC Test
    Genkai 5: Solo Test
    Then the Moogles go on from there with Treasure Hunting and a MiniGame.

With that said, in order to past the tests, you needed group play, and this game has been nothing but group play since its release. It doesn't just test you as a character, it tests you as a player too. If it wasn't for FFXIclopedia and the lol2004 Guide, G4 would had to have been relied on your own knowledge of the game or... guess what, ask a player for the answer. G4 also stemmed off on how well adventurers know the people they've met. And a THF could probably get the drops easier on G1, maybe with some help as well, but being THF alone isn't going to get him G3 without the help of subbing WHM or bringing powder and oils.

It bugs me that newer players think that these tests are suppose to be fun. Since when was a school test fun? And it gets away from the real fun of the game? You have to earn that, not press the easy button. I, myself, didn't like the tests, but I at least I had some pride of accomplishing it after I completed the quest. This game is more than just the grind to the top then go endgame. It's just that's where most of us all. And that makes it all the more reason to ask for help. We have the power to take those tests down without so much as a scratch, just ask nicely.

There's been a method that's been thrown around the forums lately that if you are in the area where the item/monster you seek is, /sea the people already in that area and ask for some help. Players are willing to help more if they don't have to walk the extra mile to help out and willing to spend some of their time to do it. Beats shouting for hours with no response. And at least while you're there, you can do some farming. Nothing wrong with making gil and doing something productive in the game while you wait.
    (1)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast