Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Divisi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just don't like that having a ToAU job as my highest-level job (BLU 63) means that I need to find help to kill 71+ mobs for my testimonial, and multiple times if I lose the fight. If anything, I would just ask that SE add testimonial drops for BLU, COR, and PUP to some 61+ mobs, just like with the other 17 jobs. I know they'd likely have to add them to non-BLU mobs, but they've already done that with the DNC and SCH drops. Or I suppose an alternate idea would be to allow the testimonial to be used an infinite number of times, but only when a player is actually doing the fight to increase their cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrial View Post
    To the original poster: Too bad you're not on my server. :/ (Or are you on Quetzalcoatl? If so, look me up whenever the servers come back up!) I've been lamenting for quite awhile now how no lower level people ever seem to need help with anything anymore. One of my favorite pasttimes in this game was helping people with quests and missions, and to a lesser extent, coffer keys for AF. I used to sit around in Jeuno or Whitegate and just hang out watching for shouts from people looking for help with stuff, and help them out! But nowadays it seems like all the newer players already have a friend or LS member to help them.
    Oh my gosh Kyrial, if you really are on Quetzalcoatl, I really could use some help with my AF head quest (needed to do G5 for BLU) and G5 itself. I'd be sooooo appreciative.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindel View Post
    I find it a bit of a shame that what I seem to be hearing is a lot of players saying, "Oh I have this done already so new players should have to do it. Or ask me to help them do it." I am wondering if these sentiments would be here if for EVERY job leveled the limit break tests would have to be redone.

No I would have liked to see you have to do the Maat LB for every job you wanted to get above 70, so everyone above lvl 70 would actually know enough about the job to beat Maat. I understand why it was implemented the way it was though.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It bugs me that newer players think that these tests are suppose to be fun. Since when was a school test fun? And it gets away from the real fun of the game? You have to earn that, not press the easy button.
    I am at a loss for a pithy way to describe what an awful opinion this is to have about a video game.
    (1)
    Last edited by scaevola; 04-01-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I do have to say, after the difficulty of the first set of Limit Break quests, the new limit breaks are kind of a joke. That being said, I wish I could play that Maat/Degenhard mini-game over and over again LOL!!!
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'd like the limit quests to stay. I've helped a lot of newer players with them, and some LS members that recently made new accounts. They provide a mechanism for required interaction, and I think the game needs to preserve at least some of these. I made quite a few casual friends just by answering shouts for help for Genkai, coffer keys and WS quests. Doing these is very nostalgic for me, and I'd miss that opportunity.

Just do some shouts in Jeuno if you don't have a LS to help. You may even find a good LS in the process. Ignore the trolls who shout for you to solo them, and wait for the people that are glad to help - they're out there.
    (1)

I'm a new player to the game and so far i've only done 3 Limit Breaks, I found more then enough help just by simply saying in my LS "Is there anyone able to help me do LB3?" got help within the minute, they were ready so fast that i was still running to maat. Also i'd like to add the limit breaks are not even hard, If a brand new player can find the help and not complain, you a returning player shouldn't even have a say in it. Like someone said earlier your just looking for the "easy button" my highest job is a 58THF and i've completed my LB3 no complaints...i did LB3 and 4-1 at the same time sure it took a couple hours but you know what...you only gotta do it 1x so stop bitching
    (2)

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Are all you "whiners" loners as well? Lmao "cant find help" for a simple quest? Slap someone in your linkshell and get them to help, thats what LS's are for to help others. If that is too hard to do then your in the wrong shell.
    (1)

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JagerForrester View Post
    ...limit caps are to test you limits. It wouldn't be a test if there wasn't some form of difficulty that went with it.
    Well said! That isn't to say that the limit breaks after 75 aren't hard, as you must collect 5 crests of Kindred Nobility like and have 5 merits in tow, but simply to understand the meaning behind breaking ones own limitations. Reaching beyond the stars and shattering them. If anything, they need to bring back the 'Job Fights' again at the 95 cap, and then...FINALLY, have the opportunity to face....HER(the one that created us all) to unlock the final level, 99. And have this battle on the Ephemeral Paradox, as it is the very place we 'see' her in CoP.

KB1

PS. Please SquareEnix, I know this is much to ask, but it also must be done. I trust you understand.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kuwabaraone; 04-07-2011 at 03:38 AM.

Character
    Symbelmynne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Yes, they're supposed to test YOU, they're supposed to test YOUR CHARACTER and it's abilities. Fact is only the Maat fight does that, the others are simply exercises in group play that have little or nothing to do with an individual's ability to play their class; or one's ability to use oils and potions as in G3.
    I just completed my g3 yesterday. I had to cast blu at the whole thing because it's entirely impossible to do solo so it wasn't a test of my abilities but a test of my patience while my friend cleared out Oz. 'Go gather 3 useless items from areas an alliance of lv60 characters couldn't and shouldn't venture through' is a ridiculous idea for a quest, that much I agree to. As far as the comments not being related... The point he/she was trying to make is it's difficult to find other people to assist when they get nothing out of it. We have to do some NM hunting along the way and I have to let them have all of the drops to get an assist when doing these quests because it's not worth it for them any other way (and even then it's fairly worthless). But that's a topic in another thread.

My solution would be to eliminate the bs aspects of the quests. I like questing, I like story. That's 70% of my reason for playing XI and not WoW or EQ or any of the other failtastic 'this crap is too easy' MMOs out there. Make the genkais solo level appropriate fights with level appropriate key item gathering. Now THAT is a worthwhile test of my abilities as a player.
    (0)

Character
    Laverda
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I find the newest limit break quests laughable. I said to everyone before the level cap raise from 75: "If this is driven by marketing rather than game design, the limit break quests will be stupidly easy."

I really enjoyed the hard limit break quests, especially all the sneaking around. I'd love to see some harder ones for the higher levels, although I'm sure that won't happen simply because the entire population is intended to hit the next level cap within a week or two, almost as a freebie. That's what level cap increases are about nowadays.

(Now, to clarify my statements there: whether it was a marketing decision or not, the level cap increase has been well balanced and well implemented. Praise to SE developers for doing it pretty well. I'm just saying, I miss the adventures of getting the early limit breaks.)
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4