Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE should make the dropped items for Genkai 1 sellable via AH. Then you can really see how much fun it is to do them, not... No one wants to spend time to do Genkai 1, they would rather just get it done with. If they are not gonna do away with it, at least make it the items drop almost instantly within 3-5 mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Vangoh
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    No...just no, new players want it all easy. There's no fun without a challenge. ANYONE can solo these quests now and I highly doubt you won't find help for this there's pretty much always someone who will help on silly lb quests.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    SE should make the dropped items for Genkai 1 sellable via AH. Then you can really see how much fun it is to do them, not... No one wants to spend time to do Genkai 1, they would rather just get it done with. If they are not gonna do away with it, at least make it the items drop almost instantly within 3-5 mobs.
    Selling them on AH will just lead to dead sales, cuz that's all the item is good for. Increasing drop rates would be the way to go... unless they've already done that, then you're just complaining.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

NO, that would be ridiculous. This game doesn't have the community aspect it had 7 years ago. Finding help is hell at times I just log off.
    Get a linkshell... seriously these tests were to prove that you actually worked to get your levels up.. G1 you can get the drop items from experience parties.. I got my mold from leveling down in crawlers nest but people are to the point they dont want to go down there anymore and level.. why? because its too far of a walk, because theres not a book because you cant get 50k xp an hour.. boo hoo.. every player has done this and by doing away with it would be exactly what people have said "over use of the easy button".. want easy go to staples.. all the enemies that drop the items can be killed within limits of 45ish so if you want the items make a xp party and go level up there for a couple levels.. just like the subjob quests were designed to get items while leveling.. the ghoul skull was the hardest part but you don't see anyone complaining about getting rid of the subjob quests.. why? because most people get the items fairly easy..
    they increased the drop rate of the paper from the liches a couple years back to make this quest easy.. It takes 5- 10 mins killing time for each of the mobs to drop a the items with a 90 THF.. travel time is the only prob and no one wants to walk but oh well its part of the game and learning the maps.. There are always new players joining the game and so by saying you get tired of trying to find people then your not trying at all.. If they were doing this to limit your ability to experience then you would probably would have made it a requirement to do it for each job but you don't.. This also takes you away from the constant leveling experience for more of a break then to hinder you..
    Its like people in abyssea going from 1-90 and thats it.. The difference between them and someone who hasnt leveled a job past 50 yet is theyve done the quests they either met people and made friends learned to cooperate with others and or paid a THF to go treasure hunting for them or even god forbid did shouts.. This part of the game was out 3 years before I had to do it and no not a lot of people were looking for it.. but people ARE looking for it none the less..
    At one point in time btw no one was over level 50.. in fact I think 50 was the level cap before zilart came out.. guess what all those level capped people had to do .. get together and go farming for items if they didnt get them from a party experiencing..
    SqEnix you know your not going to do away with these and I urge you not to give in to the "making things easier" for people.. the challenge is what makes the game fun and if I didn't want the challenge I'd go play WoW with all the 1st graders who have a reason not to understand basic sharing concepts and helping one another..

G2 I did with the help of a 75 and 8 other people doing the same quest
    G3 same as G2 but with less people involved
    G4 soloable
    G5 I had to level a 2nd job to 70 to do this because at the time RDM maat was REALLY hard to kill without their new abilities..
    (0)
    Last edited by GERM; 03-15-2011 at 04:26 AM.
    (A)-GERM

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    To the original poster: Too bad you're not on my server. :/ (Or are you on Quetzalcoatl? If so, look me up whenever the servers come back up!) I've been lamenting for quite awhile now how no lower level people ever seem to need help with anything anymore. One of my favorite pasttimes in this game was helping people with quests and missions, and to a lesser extent, coffer keys for AF. I used to sit around in Jeuno or Whitegate and just hang out watching for shouts from people looking for help with stuff, and help them out! But nowadays it seems like all the newer players already have a friend or LS member to help them.
    (1)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I find it a bit of a shame that what I seem to be hearing is a lot of players saying, "Oh I have this done already so new players should have to do it. Or ask me to help them do it." I am wondering if these sentiments would be here if for EVERY job leveled the limit break tests would have to be redone.

After all it will make us all better players to prove ourselves on every job? It would be a challenge to have to do the limits all over at level 50. In fact with the reasoning I am seeing we should put level caps back on all the missions as well. This is supposed to be a challenge and it would remove the easy button right? If people cannot get a group of friends together they should not be able to play any of the content.

I am quite glad this is not the direction the game is moving towards and I am hoping that the grind for others will be removed. I want for my new friends to be able to catch up if I am logged on or if I am away.
    (0)

Character
    Timmi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I have been taking people through CoP, ZM, ToAu, and other missions without being in the same ls as them. If anybody needs any assistance on the Ifrit server hit me up. I do not think things need to get any easier than they already are. Anything worth having is hard to obtain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tim; 03-16-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What is the reward for completing the limit breaks? Getting up level 90? Going into an Abysseea party at 30 and exiting it at 90 is not hard. It is made even easier by not having to repeat the job each time. I guess level 90 is not worth having and Tim is saying he supports the limit breaks going away... unless he is saying it hard to get to level 90.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Honestly... to the first person that posted this... this is an MMORPG. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLEPLAYING GAME. if you don't want to interact with others.... don't play.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    I just did it like 10 times in the past 2 months. They already increased the drops rates to about 30% on the paper, the mold was always 30%+ and the coal is 99.9%. lol
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast