Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, they're not copy and past translations. They're professional translations made by people who understand the language. It's not like they use google trasnlate or something. And they have on a number of occasions, specifically forwarded questions we've made, not just ones that were asked on the jp forum.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No, they're not copy and past translations. They're professional translations made by people who understand the language. It's not like they use google trasnlate or something. And they have on a number of occasions, specifically forwarded questions we've made, not just ones that were asked on the jp forum.
    yeah, once in a while they post a translation of a response to a JP question, and someone in the english forum goes "Hey, did you mean X...?" and the translator comes back a day later with "yes". other than that, I can read all the responses that we get the day before in the JP forums, because they are all direct responses to JP questions. It's actually pretty comedic how they just post the responses in any thread that is even remotely connected on the english side even if it completely derails the original topic..
    (3)

Player
    The fact remains that 99% of the posted answers come from JP asked questions and answers the questions answered for us generally get vauge responses.
    (5)

The translators do indeed forward our questions and responses to polls etc. The dev team however, appears to promptly ignore them.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    This pretty much sums up the "hardcore" players' definition of balance and it is simply mind-numbing why S-E insists on catering to these folks' every whim (see: any Empyrean weapon trial) after they wailed and gnashed their teeth after Visions and Scars were released. Heaven help us all if someone who doesn't have a clique of yes-men and behind-kissers wants to have a set of armor that doesn't require waiting years for imaginary points to build up (provided the linkshell remains intact).

The armor Magian trials, while a bit too biased toward having to fight NMs for my liking on certain jobs, certainly was something S-E got as close to right as they possibly could. I sincerely hope that Empyrean Armor +1 and +2 sets do remain a viable choice for people who don't care for the obscene drop rates of Voidwatch, if only to instill something foreign to the so-called hardcore players: humility.
    SE? Listening to or catering to Hardcore players?

The grass is always greener, bro. I think the mad is truly strong with this one. Maybe if you got over yourself for all of 5 minutes you'd realize just how casual-friendly all of the new content is. Probably not, though.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Player
    Lol SE doesn't know the first thing about "Balance" thats why I just bust out laughing uncontrollably everytime I see the dev's or community reps use that dreaded word.

Game is about to be 10 years old in japan this may and they still don't know what to do with the jobs as many are still terrible, they still don't take feedback properly(Hi2U bst jug pet debacle). People loved the Abyssea model but heres more tiers of Voidwatch.
    (3)

Character
    Uptempo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    People like that mug Hayward make me sick just because you don't like hnms doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game for god sake man no one would make you do them. There is no reason not to add new hnms nothing forces anyone to do them all they need to do is make there drops available in some other event like they did back at 75 with einherjar then both sets of people are happy.

I swear people like you make me so sick just because you didn't approve of them means they must be banished for good.
    (2)
    Htid!

Character
    Buffy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I really enjoyed Abyssea. Some people will say that is because that was the game in easy mode, and perhaps they are right. However, I played every day for the year or so from when abyssea got rolling (2nd expansion bringing about AF3), tri-boxing and wishing for more. I helped with many empy weapons and countless +2.

Voidwatch is evil. The drop rates and methods of obtaining gear are unkind to put it mildly. This is a return to old-school dynamis, just under the name of something different. Dynamis was originally a linkshell based, alliance worthy event, where drop rates were horrible, everyone got trolled with bst gloves x4, and the common drop (currency) was in such high demand that the event was repeated over and over out of need well past anyone's desire for armor.

How many people talk about doing Dynamis-Xarcbard for 3 months trying to get thief gloves? (Before the multiple dynamis revamps of the last couple years) This is what we have returned to with voidwatch. It is a linkshell-based (although more shout friendly then dynamis was imo), alliance level event where your gear drops are random and the common drop (heavy metal plates) is in high demand for someone's weapon (or shield, or horn, etc).

The lack of progress is de-motivating to me. I've cancelled 2 of my 3 accounts, and don't enjoy voidwatch because there is no way to make (well, feel like you are making) progress. On a bad night in abyssea, you walk out with some KI and can try again. On an average night you walk out with some full pop sets ready to go or you are 3/6 on some hand +2 that you are working on.

The progress is palpable and measurable.

The lack of perceptable progress (with the exception of upgrading your abyssite) is frustrating. I don't mind doing 100 x nm to get someone (or myself) a piece of gear (Hello Sobek). I mind doing 100 x NM and not knowing if you're going to be done.

This is my single greatest frustration with FFXI's direction and the way the devs handle the game. I would very much like the cure potency/cure casting time body piece that comes from voidwatch (the Rare/EX one). However, based on what I've seen so far, I have a better chance of stabbing myself in the heart with a steak knife and living then I do of obtaining that item within a reasonable (100?) number of runs.

What is so wrong with an ichor-like concept that is exchangeable for a specific item. Earn 1000 itchy-cruor per fight of one specific NM. If you fight Akvan 100 times without receiving the item you want and have 100,000 itchy-cruor, I can exchange it for the cure potency body I want.

Why is this bad?

Just let me feel like I'm making progress, that's all I want. The despair (far too strong a word, but the right sentiment) of seeing crap in your treasure chest dozens of times in a row is infuriating.
    (13)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    What is so wrong with an ichor-like concept that is exchangeable for a specific item. Earn 1000 itchy-cruor per fight of one specific NM. If you fight Akvan 100 times without receiving the item you want and have 100,000 itchy-cruor, I can exchange it for the cure potency body I want.

Why is this bad?

Just let me feel like I'm making progress, that's all I want. The despair (far too strong a word, but the right sentiment) of seeing crap in your treasure chest dozens of times in a row is infuriating.

Some people would be against it, because earning gear through anything other than completely random and low low low drop rates is somehow akin to having relics/mythics mailed to your Mog House when you first start the game. To them, earning gear over time through a points system isn't earning it at all. It makes gear too accessible to the commoners, of which such gear should be out of reach. It would somehow mean everyone would be done with everything in a week, even if the points system made that impossible, and everyone would quit.

They're wrong, of course... and idiots... but that's pretty much why.
    (8)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Here's to hoping they don't apply the same low drop rate chest rubbish to The Last Stand.

*cough* yea right.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast