Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Enhancer with no real, relevant enhancing magic.
    *snort*Crackbrava*snort*
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    *snort*Crackbrava*snort*
    Really... a 2-hour spell.
    (0)

Player
    Sch
    Trial 5049: Argute Mortarboard +2: Adds "Enh. 'Altruism' and 'Focalization'"
    Trial 5050: Argute Gown +2: Adds "Enhances 'Enlightenment' effect"
    Trial 5051: Argute Bracers +2: Adds "Enh. 'Tranquility' and 'Equanimity'"
    Trial 5052: Argute +2: Adds "Enhances 'Tabula Rasa' effect"
    Trial 5053: Argute Loafers +2: Adds "Enhances 'Stormsurge' effect"
    I do hope that's not the limit of their merit adjustments...
    Seems kind of stupid in a lot of ways, what exactly is going to happen if you don't have the merits? Hope that means they'll just remove the cap on Group 2 (and 1) merits. "Enhances 'Altruism' and 'Focalization' effect" on the Mortarboard and not on my enfeebling hands sure is odd, too. Though I guess it doesn't matter since unless the enhancement is "Only costs 1 Stratagem like they damn well should have since the beginning" I won't be using any of them ever, anyway.

Guess I should wait for confirmation that "Enhances 'Stormsurge' effect" only adds an additional 1 Stat to it before I start insulting the development team though, but where's the fun in that?
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I hear, you gain an extra 1 point for each level of tier you have in StormSurge so +6 for Dark, +12 for any other.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yai inventory+1! A piece to bring with you to enhance Stormsurge by a whole 5 more attribute points! xD
    I mean, that's good, but is it just me who's having more and more inventory issues with each day passing by?

They should have just fixed the merits themselves as they promised us. +7 was an interesting amount at level75, it's pretty laughable at level 99, especially in light of the other buffs we got from other sources.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    Yai inventory+1! A piece to bring with you to enhance Stormsurge by a whole 5 more attribute points! xD
    I mean, that's good, but is it just me who's having more and more inventory issues with each day passing by?

They should have just fixed the merits themselves as they promised us. +7 was an interesting amount at level75, it's pretty laughable at level 99, especially in light of the other buffs we got from other sources.
    Yeah, but it's a decent enough buff. Could be like RDM and a 8 second duration increase.. Stupid SE.
    (0)

Player
    Well, there go my hopes of them ever changing Stormsurge to work like Gain/Boost spells.

Any truth to what I've been hearing, +15 seconds duration on the rest? If so. Go fuck a dead trout, SE. Pretty damn worthless on Enlightenment and Stratagems.

Given past experiences, I don't expect their "Group 1/2 merit point refinements" to be anything more than an increase to the cap and nothing more. Finally we can merit all those worthless Stratagems while they fail to take into account that no one is ever going to use them while they cost two charges.

Guess I have Group 3 merits to look forward to now. Animus Recast, Animus Effect, Libra recast and Adloquium Effect. Shame they can't actually do that now I've suggested it, maybe they'll add something useful for a change. Though no doubt this will be the one thing they see me post and decide to introduce.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sotek; 12-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can test things yourself on test server, I sure will once I get home, altough not being able to use windower usually puts me off from trying stuff on the test server >_>
    Was wondering what the augment would do to Tabula Rasa (??) and to Enlightenment, but I Stopped hoping for something big (like being able to use stratagems of the opposite book), it's probably gonna be just a uhm -20 recasts or something, so 4:40 instead of 5:00. WOOOW! Totally gonna chance everything! xD

Altough in light of what they said for new merits... Enlightenment should become 5 minutes with just 1/5 after the january patch where they'll fix group #2 merits.
    If this is gonna happen I wonder what will happen with the remaining 4 points? Enlightenment isn't exactely an ability that you can increase in "potency", can you? And you can't increase it's lasting time... so Either they find an original way to augment it (more than just one spell? able to use stratagems?) or they furtherly reduce the timers.
    I wouldn't really bet on the first, but the second is likely maybe?
    Think I'd keep 5/5 Enlightenment anyway, the stratagems kinda suck imho.

Given past experiences, I don't expect their "Group 1/2 merit point refinements" to be anything more than an increase to the cap and nothing more. Finally we can merit all those worthless Stratagems while they fail to take into account that no one is ever going to use them while they cost two charges.
    Uh... definitely not for SCH, but I would be REALLY glad for other jobs if they increased the max cap in group2 from 10 to 15, reaaaally really glad.
    I honestly don't see that coming though, seems too good to happen

Guess I have Group 3 merits to look forward to now. Animus Recast, Animus Effect, Libra recast and Adloquium Effect.
    I wouldn't be so sure on group#3 merits tbh.
    They never confirmed they were coming, just gave very generic hints or am I forgetting something?
    Let's not be too hasty dreaming about group#3 because we might get disappointed.
    What we know is coming it's a 2nd two hour ability for each job, will be meritable and there will be enhancements you can get through merits (altough it's unclear wether these upgrades will be for the current 2hrs, for the new ones or for both).
    I think I already know where these 2hrs will be placed in the merit menu. On the test server the WS menu option had a group line above saying "Group 1", hinting that inside that category there will be a "group 2 in the future, and that group 2 might as well be the 2hr thing.
    Bet they'll limit us like they did on the WSs as well, allowing us only to choose a couple of additional 2hrs >__>

Oh and btw, they said many times that Adloquium will be enhanced with new gear (yai! Even more inventory+1! xD) and for Animus I dunno what to say, augments wouldn't be bad but in my opinion they really need to re-do the effects from zero. Static -/+ enmity that doesn't go above caps just isn't worth, period.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 12-23-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Player
    Last I checked I can't use the test server since I never bought those abortions of addons that were added before Abyssea.

Also where is 5 minute Enlightenment coming from? That's the first I've heard of it.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Ehr... I dunno, maybe I'm just about to embarass myself since I'm not home right now and I can't check, but isn't the recast of 5/5 Enlightenment 5 minutes?
    Did I smoke too much and it's 10 insteady? I seemed to recall it being 5 honestly... sorry if I went wrong.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast