Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    ^ This pretty much

I have DE merited because Muted Soul has 0 use and DS is barely useful.
    And by barely useful we mean its really sometimes is a toss up to Dark Seal Bio II or Dark Seal Drain II because on anything worth a shit!

They do about the same thing!
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would be happy if muted soul actually removed a portion of total emnity instead of generating less emnity. So you could activate SE and get the mob off you for a couple of seconds, by the end of SE you would be close to where you started in terms of emnity, or more likely the mob is dead.

Merit % of hate shed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rampage; 12-09-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    /sigh dark seal is gonna be nerfed by the looks of things

We plan on adjusting these abilities so that their effects are increased with each step, instead of having their recast time shortened with each step. The recast time that has been shortened up to the fifth step will be used.

The following are adjustments that do not deal with the effects of merit points.
    as it is atm u can have 1 merit in it for the 1% of the time u have a use for it.

After the group 2 update the effects will change w/ merits meaning it'll only be a macc(rather than a 100% unresist) boost till 5/5 >> by the looks of things
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    /sigh dark seal is gonna be nerfed by the looks of things

as it is atm u can have 1 merit in it for the 1% of the time u have a use for it.

After the group 2 update the effects will change w/ merits meaning it'll only be a macc(rather than a 100% unresist) boost till 5/5 >> by the looks of things

Doubtful, more then likely it will be a %buff to drains and absorbs. Still making it useless but SE will be happy they buffed it.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    Doubtful, more then likely it will be a %buff to drains and absorbs. Still making it useless but SE will be happy they buffed it.
    This is a great update to the ability, the real problem is our lack of magic to be pimping out with a seal JA.
    (0)

Player
    I think they should change Muted Soul to inhibit the max hate that we can attain(each merit reduces the max hate we can achieve by 10%). I had originally thought of this as an update for Endark(which would give only 10% maximum hate threshold) but I think it might be better for Muted Soul.
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    I think they should change Muted Soul to inhibit the max hate that we can attain(each merit reduces the max hate we can achieve by 10%). I had originally thought of this as an update for Endark(which would give only 10% maximum hate threshold) but I think it might be better for Muted Soul.
    Yeah I mean the idea of muted soul is to control emnity so we can use souleater. So i would like to see it make SE an enmity controlling tool. The cost of draining HP is in there already so it has its drawbacks built in. The idea that SE can help us survive by the "Mob dont look my way" method works IMO.
    I just want to be able to use the ability for its full duration, just like every other job gets to use their abilities. If you go crazy and spam WSs with SE on you are going to get hate regardless, so i dont think it would be OP.
    And even if you could pull off a WS with SE without ripping hate off the tank would that be so horrible? That a DRK is actually alive at the end of a fight, that be so earthshattering lol. I mean if u do use it with a WS guillotine = 20% of my health for a good DMG WS, resolution will be 25% of my health for pumping up damage. I mean thats a pretty high cost already even if it does have - emnity cap or erase or w/e.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rampage; 12-15-2011 at 01:16 AM.

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Yeah I mean the idea of muted soul is to control emnity so we can use souleater. So i would like to see it make SE an enmity controlling tool. The cost of draining HP is in there already so it has its drawbacks built in. The idea that SE can help us survive by the "Mob dont look my way" method works IMO.
    I just want to be able to use the ability for its full duration, just like every other job gets to use their abilities. If you go crazy and spam WSs with SE on you are going to get hate regardless, so i dont think it would be OP.
    And even if you could pull off a WS with SE without ripping hate off the tank would that be so horrible? That a DRK is actually alive at the end of a fight, that be so earthshattering lol. I mean if u do use it with a WS guillotine = 20% of my health for a good DMG WS, resolution will be 25% of my health for pumping up damage. I mean thats a pretty high cost already even if it does have - emnity cap or erase or w/e.

I can use souleater with any amount of enmity and chances are its a better idea for the DRK to have hate than say the WHM or BRD or whatever.

This whole trend of wanting DRK to be a hateless DD is stupid, if you want that go make an Annihilator and level RNG.

My DRK does fine tanking with Apocalypse and before I got that weapon I could hold hate and swap into PDT sets and switch back to DD once Seigan/Third Eye was back up. I had pretty good survivability assuming I was playing well, and so can you.

If you are worrying about hate shedding on DRK or wanting ways to augment, you are doing it wrong.
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    >> right with muted souls as it is now it doesn't have it use anymore (mainly cause the hate system is broken)

before at 75 souleater pretty much locked hate on DRK till you cancelled or died and muted soul allowed you to use souleater in some safety.

ofc now souleater doesn't really lock hate on you and doesn't take 12% of your hp a swing so it's not as much of a issue so the loss of muted soul use hasn't been a issue for me.

as for what ya said urt "I could hold hate and swap into PDT sets and switch back to DD once Seigan/Third Eye was back up" well instead of that i was in full DD gear w/ hasso up because of muted soul. (back in the day ofc)

o and fyi even w/ muted souls up DRK would still hold hate over a WHM or BRD but not over a NIN MNK PLD WAR SAM

also the other thing i find werid is why are you complaining about people not having hate in souleater because if you are using souleater while you have hate your doing it wrong! at least in a WHMs opion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 12-15-2011 at 05:13 AM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    >> right with muted souls as it is now it doesn't have it use anymore (mainly cause the hate system is broken)

before at 75 souleater pretty much locked hate on DRK till you cancelled or died and muted soul allowed you to use souleater in some safety.

ofc now souleater doesn't really lock hate on you and doesn't take 12% of your hp a swing so it's not as much of a issue so the loss of muted soul use hasn't been a issue for me.

as for what ya said urt "I could hold hate and swap into PDT sets and switch back to DD once Seigan/Third Eye was back up" well instead of that i was in full DD gear w/ hasso up because of muted soul. (back in the day ofc)

o and fyi even w/ muted souls up DRK would still hold hate over a WHM or BRD but not over a NIN MNK PLD WAR SAM
    Even with muted soul when I was trying it out, if you were geared correctly and swinging and DPS'ing your balls out you would still pull hate from the tank, then be forced to swap into Seigan/Third Eye to not die from the lack of Stalwart Soul, unless your damage was terrible then I could see how hate pulling is not an issue.

Even "back in the day" it hardly did what was advertised and the only way you are in full DD gear with hasso up is vs some weak exp mob, because not putting PDT gear on and switching out of Hasso is going to make you dead vs something 'hard', which is a rookie mistake.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast