Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    That's correct. The fTP carry-over is a nerf for all WS with <=0.8 fTP. It could only be a buff for a WS with >0.8 fTP because Gorget/Belt fTP bonuses carry over on all of the WS whose fTP carries over into multiple hits.
    Shocking, that means I actually did understand something correctly for once.

I suppose technically they might introduce more fTP-boosting gear, which essentially means that any such gear is more effective on these new WS than on the ones that came before it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-13-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I don't get this still. So you're basically saying that the fTP of all hits is added together into one value?
    I'm saying you can look at it that way for simplicity's sake. It may or may not be mechanically accurate, but it's functionally equivalent as long as you bear in mind the base damage of an offhand weapon for that one hit, should it be relevant. You can also use this to represent the functional damage increase of DA/TA with respect to their procrates. 20% DA will raise average effective fTP by 0.2 per chance to hit on weaponskills where fTP doesn't propagate (so 0.4 on multihit ws given the second chance to proc), etc. Gives a better idea of the impact of gorgets/belts.

I thought that, ignoring the other things that a weapon skill does to the damage of a hit, a (example) 0.7 fTP meant 70% of normal damage on that hit. Thus meaning every hit would do 70% normal damage if it propgated- meaning less damage than if it didn't propgate.
    That's correct. Given that Realmrazer is getting nerfed, it was simply that poster's speculation on how they might go abobut implementing that nerf.

So is basically what you're saying is that the total damage for the whole WS with fTP 0.7 (all hits combined into one damage total as is done for weapon skills) would have an effective fTP of 4.8, do I understand that right? Because that still sounds bad when you consider multi hit WS that existed prior were effectively 1.0 on all hits after the first, so a 7 hit WS would effectively be 6.0 + whatever th fTP is for the first hit. In other words, a fTP of less than one propgating to all hits still means the weapon skill is worse than if it didn't propgate.
    Right. This is why Stardiver and Entropy are weaker than otherwise expected. Resolution and Shun will probably take on this characteristic when the update hits given previous dev commentary. Jishnu's Radiance and Last Stand on the other hand benefit greatly from it because they have 1.75 and 2.0 fTP/hit, respectively.

Edit: Or do you simply mean that you beat the other poster to the punch?
    Probably this, lol.

EDIT: beaten again >.>
    (5)
    Last edited by Nightfyre; 12-13-2011 at 12:23 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone, we’ve been looking over your feedback and wanted to give more details in the thought process behind our changes and some of the weapon skills themselves.

Axe Weapon Skill “Ruinator”
    We will be lowering the attack modifier value and changing it so it’s half of the current value. The amount of damage dealt to high level enemies (those that have high defense) will be reduced, however, being able to deal damage easier than other axe weapon skills will remain unchanged.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Rampage if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. (This is when both of them are executed at 100 TP. There is of course more damage that can be dealt depending on gear and food.)

We are making adjustments so that you can pick Ruinator if you want to deal more consistent damage, or Rampage if you want to try and deal large amounts of damage.

Club Weapon Skill “Realm Razer”
    The idea behind the adjustment is the same as Ruinator.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Hexa Strike if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. Again, this is for 100 TP and more damage can be dealt depending on gear and food.

We ultimately decided to adjust this weapon skill due to the fact that a non-critical hit modifier weapon skill would easily surpass the maximum damage dealt by Hexa Strike in stable conditions, and the result would cause a rapid increase in damage inflation.

Sword Weapon Skill “Requiescat”
    Since Spirits Within’s damage varies based on your amount of HP and TP, we are adjusting Requiescat so that it will be easier to use than Spirits Within once you have 300 TP and also so that jobs that cannot boost their HP as high as paladins will be able to deal damage.

Also, Atonement is an easy to use weapon skill for paladins, which has a special feature, so the idea behind Requiescat was to give jobs other than paladin, specifically red mage and blue mage, a good weapon skill choice.
    A Player and a Developer walked along a beach.

The Player looked back and said, "You know, Developer, there's only one set of footprints during all of the worst periods of FFXI. They're kind of staggered and crooked, too."

The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    (32)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 12-13-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Past tense is go!

So I cancelled my ID for the month because of finals, and it's getting harder and harder to bring myself to reactivate it.

Honestly, I think SE has just become devoid of creativity. Since Enix, it's been going downhill and I guess they're just at the bottom of the pit now. I won't even get started with SE games as a whole (FFXIV especially), but in FFXI it's gone from lacking the creativity to solve problems and balance jobs:

DRKs found a way to take advantage of their 2-hour on end-game content? Hmm...well just make HNMs resist Souleater. That'll "fix" it.

There's a RDM soloing a few HNMs? Hmm...well just make mobs resist enfeebles. That'll "fix"it.

The jobs aren't balanced now and some jobs are just flat-out useless? Hmm...well let's just pick a few and focus on them so everyone will play what we want them to. Samurais are cool, right?

To the point that our limit break quests are poop jokes and end game "content" is a mixture of fetch quests and pseudorandom number generators...that all take place in copy/pasted versions of old zones.
    (15)
    Last edited by Selzak; 12-13-2011 at 02:25 PM.

Character
    Koroma
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Axe Weapon Skill “Ruinator”
    We Realized we gave BST a WeaponSkill that wasn't useless we Deeply apologize for our Glaring oversight and shall endevor to fix this, by making it not worth using like the Empyeran Axe WeaponSkill
    Fixed That For You.
    (11)
    SERAPHBismarck

Pround member of Reminding se there is a bst forum.
    BRING BACK CHARM!

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Square Enix is making me want to chew some rat poison right now.

Actually, this is so bad it's not worth it.
    (5)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    ...someone please, PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong but...

Did they try to justify Requiescat being shit for Paladin because Paladin has Atonement?

SERIOUSLY?!

When was the last time Atonement was even remotely useful? 75 cap with Joyeuse?
    (20)

All that I get from this is that you are supposed to choose these weaponskills as the 'next best thing' for jobs that don't get the current best WS.
    If you only use sword on PLD, don't bother meriting requiescat, if you only use club on WHM, don't bother meriting Realm Razor. However, Realm Razor on PLD will be pretty good now, especially since Moepapa Mace has more base damage than even 95 Almace or Excalibur. Very good option for vs Bones/Pots etc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    All that I get from this is that you are supposed to choose these weaponskills as the 'next best thing' for jobs that don't get the current best WS.
    If you only use sword on PLD, don't bother meriting requiescat, if you only use club on WHM, don't bother meriting Realm Razor. However, Realm Razor on PLD will be pretty good now, especially since Moepapa Mace has more base damage than even 95 Almace or Excalibur. Very good option for vs Bones/Pots etc.
    No other job had any right to fuck with what WHM had to itself, we don't even get to melee in main content unless it's for a quick proc.

It's complete bullshit that they are giving jobs a 7 hit club ws regardless if it is as good as hexa or not. That bullshit pisses me off and to add to that they made it so WHM wouldn't benefit from meriting it. It is a complete slap in the face and a fuck you to all melee whm's.

Anyone remember those job previews years ago of them saying they promise that they will find a way to bring whm's to the front lines?

Fucking lazy. Another job isn't a fucking solution, it is completely twisted around so they do the exact opposite and ignore WHM melee.

Yes I'm jealous, 10% jealous, 80% angry as hell, 5% confused as to why SE thinks this is a good idea and why they think this way, 5% not surprised.
    (8)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Balance is important.
    (31)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast