Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
    Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Waiting for something like...

An adjustment to the floor of hitrate cap, floor is lowered to -10%, and where if you miss and the roll says that you missed under a 0% hitrate, you hit yourself or a nearby ally.

Monster hitrate will be increased to 65%, and player Evasion will be reduced to half effectiveness per point in the interest of balance.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    here is the flaw with this: If I'm on Warrior I'm going to use a GA.. Why? because that is the weapon I get the most dmg from. They might add something to another job that doesn't have the ws they mimic... but who would use anything other then their best ws? Are you going to waste hours upon hours getting merits to max out a weapon skill that can be our done by something else that is "free"? I'm not... and if you can say "yes I am" to that then all the more power too you.

The simple fact is this. Abyssea revived FFXI from falling membership numbers, and gave us something fun and exciting. Without something worth our time to invest in (these are not it) FFXI will start to lose members again and the game will eventually fade away. No not just because of these weapon skills but because decisions like what has been done to these weapon skills will carry on to other things and people will only put up with so much.

You want an example of what "Balance" does to a game? Look at Warhammer: Online, That game was very fun for a long time then they started to "balance" it and now less then 5 years later it is down to 1 server from over 50. Is that what SE wants to happen to FFXI? the path they are embarking on leads to that very same fate.
    The simple fact is this: We lost 16 servers since Abyssea was released and our servers have the same average population per day before it came out.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 12-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Player
    The reason for these situational wses are largely pointless. Restore mp from entropy is better gained from simply casting aspir or refresh instead of wasting potential damage by using a sub-par WS.
    Refresh has to come from /RDM or from another job that has it which isn't always available to DRK since its usually a BRD and or COR in the DD party not a RDM and Aspir doesn't work on 90% of things.

Skewer functions similarly to Drakesbane and can be shared with other jobs as easily as Hexa Strike. Jobs that would use a sword mainhand that can't use Vorpal or Atonement most likely have a different 1 handed weapon with better options.
    Skewer is DRG specific, no other job can use it. RDM can use Evisceration, true but as for sword WS the best we have is Death Blossom.

Also many of the Relic/mythic/empy wses simply aren't powerful so thats out the window. Among of the weapons you use as an example for a slight upgrade is unneeded aside GS.
    Many aren't but there's usually one for each weapon type that is, except mage WS.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calysto View Post
    i don't get how it is balancing.
    It's not. It's the "PLD effect" or if you'd like, the "relic effect." Essentialy people with relic/mythic/empyrean have pissed and moaned like they have in the past untill SE caved. Leading them to nerf anything new so they can hold ontil thier oold outdated garbage so they can still feel accomplished. Simple realy.
    (4)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Q_Q' Q_Q' Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q' Q_Q' Q_Q' that's all I see... it's really simple.. if you don't like the implementation of the new weapon skills... cancel your subscription and move-on... it's painfully obvious the Developers have their own idea of what direction they're taking and it doesn't include any feedback from the player base that goes contrary to that philosophy... sooooo stop Q_Q''-ing. PERIOD!
    (1)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    Q_Q' Q_Q' Q_Q Q_Q Q_Q' Q_Q' Q_Q' that's all I see... it's really simple.. if you don't like the implementation of the new weapon skills... cancel your subscription and move-on... it's painfully obvious the Developers have their own idea of what direction they're taking and it doesn't include any feedback from the player base that goes contrary to that philosophy... sooooo stop Q_Q''-ing. PERIOD!
    What are you trying to contribute?
    (8)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    What are you trying to contribute?
    He talks like a tool, instead of a person, so I ignored him.
    (9)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant82 View Post
    source: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/company/e/philosophy/

Corporate Philosophy
    To spread happiness across the globe by providing unforgettable experiences

This philosophy represents our company’s mission and the beliefs for which we stand.

Each of our customers has his or her own definition of happiness.
    Square Enix provides high-quality content, services, and products to help those customers create their own wonderful, unforgettable experiences, thereby allowing them to discover a happiness all their own.

I say that the Devs need to understand that what they are doing is in opposition their own company philosophy.
    Heh, I'll tell ya this much: They damn sure been providing me with unforgettable experiences for 8 years. I ain't ever going to forget what it's like to play a SE MMO. And I'm not talking positives here. Though, they're definitely there to give credit where it's due.
    (5)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

At the very VERY least they could of left these new WS being good and worthwhile for 6 months or something, then worried about balance and nerfed them back a bit...when people won't care as much and are bored of them. Putting "be excited about this" content in and nerfing the crap out of it at the point you expect your playerbase to do it isn't the best idea.

It's really sad to see the dev team make good content and it be ruined. VW was the same.

This I think was the best part of Aby, the devs made the content and put it in without someone putting the brakes on it or souring it before implementation. That is most deff not the case now.
    (3)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yeah, I agree that although some expansions, such as CoP or WotG were definitely some of the best for storyline and such, abyssea easily takes the cake for most fun content added. During that time the dev team was focused on bringing gimp jobs and things up to everyone else's standards, instead of nerfing everything to hell. There's two ways to balance things, by either raising the weakest stuff to match the preferred stuff, or nerfing the best things to match the weakest.

I'm pretty sure we all know which route is the smarter one, and it is not the one SE is taking right now.
    (7)

Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast