Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
    I wonder what the Reps would say if they could talk freely about how they feel about these changes.

Like, They all say they play the game, You sometimes think they look at what they're told to post and go "you're joking right?"

I can't imagine they find much joy in telling us "oh, Remember those 100 Merit Weaponskills that were introduced that were slightly passable? they're nerfing them to be useless and weaker than the same weaponskills you've been using for the last decade"
    (13)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I like that picture but I think on one side of the pole should be a box labeled "fun" and the other side should be a box labeled "worthless bullshit"
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Anyone remember those job previews years ago of them saying they promise that they will find a way to bring whm's to the front lines?

Fucking lazy. Another job isn't a fucking solution, it is completely twisted around so they do the exact opposite and ignore WHM melee.
    I pretty much gave up on being able to melee during party content back when Abyssea came out and we had this situation:
    • Standing close to a mob will get you killed by AoE spam.
    • More then two people hitting a mob will kill many groups from TP spam.

Short of White Mage's Magic Defense Bonus trait, there isn't really much that protects them at the front lines, and even then mobs that spam magical AoE still do huge numbers against White Mages, or even just spam physical damage AoE. And even then, TP feed is about the number one killer of groups these days, so groups that might even want to allow a White Mage to hit things is further disuaded.

On top of all this, being in a decent melee set that is also good for healing in isn't as much as a possibility as it was at 75 cap, because you are expected to cap out Cure Potency and few people even consider the benefit of haste on recast timers. Pulling out decent damage dealing clubs pretty much cuts you down 25% cure potency from not holding either a staff or a pair of cure potency clubs, which is also a major blow to being a competent healer while doing any amount of damage worth feeding TP for.

I could go on, but the deck is stacked hard against White Mages meleeing things down short of fighting groups of weaker mobs, and even then, it still is pretty hard to compete with others even when you are only there for Shellra, barspells and the occasional cure. At least when there is a Red Mage melee, it has tier 2 enspells that enfeeble the mob a tiny bit, and you know how well regarded that spell line was...

I suppose we should just be happy they are thinking about our melee side at all, and that we're still on the best clubs in the game. I can somewhat respect their reasoning even if it wasn't the best solution, but it kinda sucks just to get another sidegrade. Shoot, even look at the White Mage only gloves (level 98) that are on the test server. They are pretty much a merger of the AF1+1 gloves and NQ Blessed gloves. Basically, disappointing... they could have at least made them replace the HQ Blessed gloves too.

-

For the overworked Moogle who is reading this right now, I'll say this. I can respect wanting to maintain balance, but when gear that have twenty-eight levels on other gear is slightly worse then the gear you get twenty-eight levels before it just so you can carry one piece of gear instead of two, there is a problem.

On the weapon skills, I don't mind even the current changes we're being told so much as long as we're not limited to only being able to merit 15 points between 14 merits. Please don't limit the merits we can allocate to them in any way - this alone would do a lot since they seem to be "situational" compared to existing weapon skills. Beyond that, please promise us more weapon skills in the future (or at very least a quest to upgrade the old ones we have), I understand they may take a long time, but I think it would do much to put many of us more at ease.

Hey, and as a secret between us, I'll give each one of you a Kupo Nut if you can quitely fly to the servers and secretly buff Hexa Strike without the dev team finding out.
    (1)

Oh believe me, I never expected us to do anything like that really. I know my limits and I think it get's fun when you're barely past your limits, but anymore is just dumb.

I used that example because it has been stuck in my head ever since they said it. So many empty promises and now they just give the WS we love to everyone with an additional hit but make it so we wouldn't do as much with it as we would with hexa.

It just annoys me to no end
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    What happened to these WS

Player(s): "Wow! we actually get to have fun again and have nice things!"
    meanwhile in the Dev room an alarm sounds and red light start to flash.
    Dev#1: The new weapon skills are bringing joy to the players!
    Dev#2: Oh no! We must fix this! Quick nerf everything useful!
    Dev#3: Send Camate an e-mail with the notes tell him to pull something out of his a$$ to justify this... They will listen to him!

Seriously Dev team please pull your heads out of your rears, your game is on the verge of collapse because you claim to listen to us but you don't. This awesome game that many of us have been playing for the better part of a decade is about to hit a monuments milestone... and you YOU the DEV TEAM are jacking it up because of "balance"...
    It's level 99 it's not supposed to be balanced! at 99 we should be able to walk into anything and kill it with out question except content tailored directly for level 99s. Look at it this way... Every FF game I've every played you got to 99 you were almost unstoppable... I say that because there is always pesky things like doom and death but still 99 the final weapons skills should be overpowered and cost a bunch that is what makes them THE END GAME WEAPON SKILLS.
    (4)

Player
    haha I could totally see that happening with the devs. and I agree, the "final weaponskill" that the devs are claiming these are SHOULD at least curb-stomp all other WSs of their type.
    (3)

Character
    Chamaan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I for one applaud them for doing the right thing and preserving the integrity of these classic WS. I only wish they'd take it a step further and bring glory back to such once-great WS as Sturmwind and Combo. -80% Attack Bonus for everything except Wasp Sting, I say!
    (10)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Let's add accuracy penalties too and allow them to go past the floor so if you do new WS on something with high evasion you have a 0% hit rate.
    (2)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Last update they added a spell BLM have drooled over since FFXI came out, it cost 2-3mill, and basically sucked (but looks pretty).
    They just released an interview that stated content from now on is going to be all about balance, and that the last 2 years was a mistake.
    We have a guy in charge now that during his proper FFXI reign was all about sidegrades/balance/boring content made simply to keep us playing as long as possible as cheaply as possible.
    The new premier content is Voidwatch (logwatch).
    The playerbase is now being completely ignored unless it goes inline with what the leadership of FFXI wants to do anyway (unlike during abyssea), even the JP players.

All of the above since balance guy came back and anyone expected these WS (or any content from now on) to be good or indeed expect all this complaining to do ANYTHING at all? Tanaka will ignore all the rage over this and VW with the same skill he ignored the beta testers for 14, it's how he likes to run the games he is currently ruining.

Did you guys forgot how much we all complained about HNM, salvage drop rates etc before Abyssea? Thats where we are again, no amount of complaining, no amount of likes will change how these WS are and you should all know that. Tanaka thinks he knows best and even failing 14 taught him nothing, he still operates the same way.

The problem isn't that they don't make good content, it's that someone is sticking his nose into it at the end and ruining it before implementation.
    (8)
    Last edited by Runespider; 12-13-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Goes passed 0%. Every time you miss a hit with a negative hitrate, you hit yourself.
    (5)

Page 71 of 90 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast