Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ruebyy
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Quoting this because it should really be said again.

Why the hell are you adding new weapon skills that require such a huge amount of work to acquire, and limiting the number of them you can have, when they're not as good as shit you naturally get 25 or 35 levels earlier? This is just plain stupid.
    I say we should all go to the jp forums and rage together!~
    (4)

Character
    Samosa
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If the devs were worried that the new ws's would be too strong, did they consider making them usable only if you have 300tp?
    (1)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    OH SE, you guys so funny, I darn near pooped myself.
    (2)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So,

I was gonna quote everything basically. Make a nice neat post, bold, italicize, and underline things that popped out at me.

However, all of that just really doesn't quite say it.

People have very accurately expressed their feelings, have provided hard numbers, logic, eloquent verses of sarcasm and countless pictures that show Mr. Tanaka very much like we find pictures of George W. Bush on the internet.

If the development team is so insistent that these weapon skills require extensive penalties, weakening of, and lowering the practicality of these weapon skills. Then perhaps they should at least apply this train of thought to all current new merit-able weapon skills they have implemented.

Reason: Their current choices are "Jobist", lack the appeal towards various jobs, while favoring a select few. Effectively alienating a good percent of jobs.

Axe: Has been reduced to being more consistent than Rampage, however Weaker and less damaging than Rampage.

Club: Has been reduced to being weaker than Hexa Strike, realistically under all conditions due to attack penalties on jobs that could actually benefit from it, minus Warrior.

Sword: Should be readjusted so that it's power is not stronger than Sanguine Blade.

Polearm: Should be adjusted so that it's power is not stronger than Skewer.

Staff: Practical, but expecting it to be weakend to match the power of Retribution, and or Full Swing.

Scythe: Something that generally will have no application in a real time scenario or any type of event that allows for ease of MP management. Will generally only if at all ever be used on fodder content that means absolutely nothing.

Great Axe: Will more than likely and or should be weakened to match the power of Raging Rush.

Katana: Will more than likely be readjusted so that it's power doesn't surpass the power of Blade: Jin.

Archery: Will more than likely be adjusted so that it's power doesn't surpass that of Sidewinder.

Marksmanship: Will more than likely be adjusted so that it's power doesn't surpass that of Slug Shot.

Great Sword: Will more than likely be readjusted so that it's power is equal to or greater than that of Spinning Slash.

Great Katana: Will more than likely be readjusted so that it's power is equal to that of Trunks from DBZ cutting a a planet in half.

Hand to Hand: Will more than likely and or should be adjusted so that it's power does not surpass Howling Fist.

Dagger: Will more than likely and or should be adjusted so that it's power is not stronger than Dancing Edge.

These adjustments seem radical don't they?

This is the closest thing to what the Dev team is thinking, and it's disgusting. If a "Messenger" such as Camante stumbles upon posts, do you think that they quote or note down what the player base is arguing? Do they perhaps simply dash tally based on Negative and Positive Feed Back and have a safe number such as 66% Positive ='s go with it?

It's really redundant, I cannot believe they are pushing forward with this.

Camante post should have read: We're sorry. Due to the immense negative feedback we've gotten we will further consider our choice to change these weapon skills, and find a true not LAZY means of adjusting them fairly and correctly so that we do not seem like complete oblivious developers who have access to changing everything in the games code on a whim.

Your current choices, and work ethic seems lazy, lacks foresight and is really a half ass way to shake someone's hand and say: Thank you for playing this game for 10 years, we appreciate your money. We do not appreciate your opinion, or your concerns. Good day.
    (27)
    Last edited by Amador; 12-13-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Decided to add bolds, for clarity and easy reading.

Player
    I sincerely doubt even SE could make Shattersoul worse than Retribution, but I have been wrong about SE before.
    (2)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    I 100% agree with Amador and what others are saying. Why have WSs that require soo much time + exp to get if they are just going to be weaker/equal to stuff players learn at 50-75? The design team might as well not even waste the effort to even add them into the game...

For reaching the classic lvl 99 this is turning into something that is sadly very very underwhelming... And very lazy game design.
    (10)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    I sincerely doubt even SE could make Shattersoul worse than Retribution, but I have been wrong about SE before.
    Have faith my friend, they would never let: Ultio Grip lose it's prowess in battle.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone, we’ve been looking over your feedback and wanted to give more details in the thought process behind our changes and some of the weapon skills themselves.

Axe Weapon Skill “Ruinator”
    We will be lowering the attack modifier value and changing it so it’s half of the current value. The amount of damage dealt to high level enemies (those that have high defense) will be reduced, however, being able to deal damage easier than other axe weapon skills will remain unchanged.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Rampage if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. (This is when both of them are executed at 100 TP. There is of course more damage that can be dealt depending on gear and food.)

We are making adjustments so that you can pick Ruinator if you want to deal more consistent damage, or Rampage if you want to try and deal large amounts of damage.

Club Weapon Skill “Realm Razer”
    The idea behind the adjustment is the same as Ruinator.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Hexa Strike if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. Again, this is for 100 TP and more damage can be dealt depending on gear and food.

We ultimately decided to adjust this weapon skill due to the fact that a non-critical hit modifier weapon skill would easily surpass the maximum damage dealt by Hexa Strike in stable conditions, and the result would cause a rapid increase in damage inflation.

Sword Weapon Skill “Requiescat”
    Since Spirits Within’s damage varies based on your amount of HP and TP, we are adjusting Requiescat so that it will be easier to use than Spirits Within once you have 300 TP and also so that jobs that cannot boost their HP as high as paladins will be able to deal damage.

Also, Atonement is an easy to use weapon skill for paladins, which has a special feature, so the idea behind Requiescat was to give jobs other than paladin, specifically red mage and blue mage, a good weapon skill choice.

Hand-to-Hand Weapon Skill “Shijin Spiral”
    There have been requests saying that this is weaker than Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite, so please make it stronger than both of those, but we cannot do this for the same reasons listed for our adjustments to Ruinator and Realm Razer.

We have also received some comments saying that the damage of Shijin Spiral is no different than Asuran Fists, or perhaps lower.

We took a look at the conditions of the players who performed weapon skill tests, but there are differences in attack power when executing each weapon skill, and because of this the result was that Asuran Fists and Victory Smite was higher.

Shijin Spiral is stronger than Asuran Fists and when boosting your stats using the appropriate equipment and food, the differences between Asuran Fists and Shijin Spiral will become more apparent, and the gap between Victory Smite and Shijin Spiral will also become smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0 [billy madison speech]

What we should do is find the JP thread, and rate up every post that has lots of rate ups already.

EDIT: here it is

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...364#post242364

EDIT AGAIN: Poor Camate shoulda just stayed in bed this morning /comfort.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alexiah
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Sword Weapon Skill “Requiescat”
    Since Spirits Within’s damage varies based on your amount of HP and TP, we are adjusting Requiescat so that it will be easier to use than Spirits Within once you have 300 TP and also so that jobs that cannot boost their HP as high as paladins will be able to deal damage.

Also, Atonement is an easy to use weapon skill for paladins, which has a special feature, so the idea behind Requiescat was to give jobs other than paladin, specifically red mage and blue mage, a good weapon skill choice.
    I don't think SE is aware that everything they've added in the past few years resists the crap out of Atonement and Spirits Within. That, and Blue Mages can achieve just as high, if not more, HP as Paladins due to the fact that we have breath spells (which is also resisted by everything they've added in the past few years) and now White Wind.

Why are the new weapon skills being compared to older weapon skills? We are higher level now... Shouldn't weapon skills learned at later levels be stronger than weapon skills we learned 40 levels earlier?
    (11)
    Last edited by starfxcker000; 12-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    MNK= Dragon Punch, that's all I have to say.
    (a multi-hit, fire, spinning upper-cut, not like street fighter but more flashier)
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 68 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast