*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.
Meeble Burrows is all-new dungeon content in which intrepid players sneak into underground caves and participate in various research expeditions, delving ever farther until they best the dreadful beasts in the far recesses of the caverns.
* The Wings of the Goddess expansion is required to venture into Meeble Burrows.
- Parties must be comprised of between three and six players.
- There is no level restriction.
- There is a time limit of fifteen minutes.
Preparing for your trek
- Speak to the Burrow Investigator located in Upper Jeuno (I-8) to receive a grimoire and a sack of Moblin pheromones key item.
- A grimoire is needed to select a research expedition to tackle in Meeble Burrows.
- Your deeds of valor—as well as any special bonuses conferred upon you—will be inscribed on the grimoire's dusty parchment.
- Your grimoire may be used multiple times, but when you embark upon courses to battle the most lurid of fiends, you will have to turn it in, rendering it unusable.
- Grimoires may be purchased from the Burrow Investigator or Burrow Researcher for either gil or research marks, a special type of currency acquired in Meeble Burrows.
- Sack of Moblin pheromones
- Preliminary research suggests that the Meebles have exceptionally poor vision, so all an explorer needs to do is fool their olfactory senses. This is where sacks of moblin pheromones come in!
- Sacks of Moblin pheromones are consumed when entering Meeble Burrows.
- Each party member must possess this item to enter.
- Players may only have one sack in their inventory, but the Burrow Investigator/Burrow Researcher will hold up to four for you, making for a total stock of five.
- One sack of Moblin pheromones will be added to your stock every twenty hours (Earth time).
Commencing a Research Expedition
- Trade your grimoire to the Burrow Researcher NPC in Sauromugue Champaign (J-7) and have the party leader select the desired research expedition.
* Party members trading their own grimoires to the Burrow Researcher will update their respective grimoires with the course information.
- Speaking to Vrednev, a Meeble located outside the burrows, will commence the course and enable you to enter.
- Achieving Goals
- Exploring Meeble Burrows is not about wiping out everything in sight. Instead, each expedition contains a series of three goals to achieve.
- Clearing an expedition involves achieving at least one of the pre-established goals.
- Of course, more goals completed means better rewards, so don't slack off just because you've gone partway!
* The Speleological Handbook located within the burrows provides spelunkers with a wealth of information, including the research tasks at hand and boons given by grimoires.
Completing an expedition
- The dangers of the Meeble Burrows are many, so explorers setting foot in the burrows will receive a Hiatus Whistle, a temporary item that whisks them to the entrance with one sharp call.
- After completing an expedition, players will receive a Terminus Whistle: a temporary item that teleports the party to the entrance.
- After escaping via the Terminus Whistle, talk to the Burrow Researcher once more. He will confirm that you have completed the assigned tasks, record the details thereof in his little black journal, and return your grimoire to you.
The Burrow Researcher has multiple courses to offer able adventurers, and completion of one course may open up other, more taxing expeditions. In addition, successfully completing goals will add a variety of boons to the player's grimoire.
- Inquests into the burrows allow for more than just insight into Meeble society. They also accrue a special currency known as “research marks.”
- These research marks represent the goodwill one has earned with the Meeble Burrows Research Team, and can be exchanged to purchase items or grimoires from the Burrow Investigator and Burrow Researcher.
* Item rewards are not displayed at this time.
Test Server Specifications
- Courses may be attempted by as few as one person.
- Sacks of Moblin pheromones will stock up at the rate of one per minute.
- A special test NPC has been added to Sauromugue Champaign (J-7). This NPC provides the following services:
- Full ability restoration
- Adding or removing all boons from your grimoire.
If you wish to discuss or submit feedback on this topic, please use the [dev1053] tag.