Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alternate Routes

SE has made it clear that Warrior has reach the cap on Damage Dealing and awarded us a nerf to scale things back. Fine, I've said My peace on that subject. With that behind us, what about other areas of our job class that can be address?

Utility:
    On 8/18/11 post #17 Of "Adjusment Manifesto - Warrior" Camate discuss Weapon Break Skills. This would be a good addition once put into action. My only two request, under this sub-heading, is:

Can you present more info?
    And can more monsters be put into practice for Tomahawk? It's a fine JA, but so few ememies we can use it upon.

Defense
    Sub Jobs have been My main source of staying alive; be it ninja or samurai. Defender in it's early stages has been useful, however, enough time has pass where it's not as potent as it use to be. Perhaps a New Ja can be introduce that gives the effect of Phalanx, in addtion the Dev Team can introduce a new Stun Ja where We can smack the monster with the broadside of our Great Axe.

I know most of My fellow warriors want more Damage, and on some level I do as well, but SE has closed that chapter. Let us open the discussion under these two areas that can make us more well-rounded. If you have any other ideas for Defense/Utility, feel free to post away.
    (2)
    Last edited by Glacont; 11-20-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    In regards to defense I wanted to bring up a old statement thing. Back at last years vanafest they said they would be incoperating a new ja or similar to allow war to

WAR: May get an ability allowing them to tank for a short period of time enhancing their versatility in parties.
    Since then this hasnt seen the light of day maybe this could be the defense avenue war can use.
    With that in mind maybe they have the ground work set for it already. it could be a certain damage absortion phase or similar. Iono but I definalty like the idea of your post and conept of changing dirrection.
    (1)
    Last edited by Morgantisthedon; 11-21-2011 at 12:02 AM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All for a new defense Ja and a stun move.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Retaliation's counterpart.

Occasionally nullifies physical damage (~20%) for movement speed. Alternatively: Occasionally reduces physical damage (by ~50%, after PDT) (25~30%) at a reduced penalty.

They can stack, but they bind you when used in conjunction. Alternatively reduces movement speed to 15~25% of your normal speed (so you're not free to move completely, yet not completely stuck if the mob moves a small amount away from you) when used together.

This adds an entire new dimension to WAR, where placement is incredibly important for good survivability and DD output. Might even take some brain function to use.

Hardly overpowered, and can be even further adjusted according to whatever SE feels is right. Not as potent as even Seigan+Third Eye (Can proc up to 6? times on SAM, with counter, while having only a 30 second recast means you can go through many fights without getting hit).
    (0)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 11-22-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: clarification

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Let me throw this out there, how about WAR picks up a Beast-men grip <JT> that allows them to single hand wield 2 handed weapons and allows them to use a shield at the same time. You could add a penalty in there to balance it out and introduce some new gear that would make you more effective at it. Or you could go the merit JT route with it. Other FF games have had this JT and even beast-men can be seen in the game swinging 2 handed weapons around with 1 hand.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That would look pretty ridiculous. Haha.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

yeah it would. i'd rather just get an enhanced defender (phalanx effect sounds cool), or the defensive counterpart of retaliation. I would be fine by me if that last ability couldn't stack with retaliation, we should probably not go entirely overboards with our suggestions.

Actually, maybe the defender recast merit should be changed to add this phalanx effect. each merit could reduce damage taken per hit by 5-8 or so. Whatever SE thinks would be balanced- I think 7 would be a decent value. at max, we'd then have a -35 damage per hit, in addition to the increase in defence rating. That would probably be enough to reduce a 50 damage hit to around 5-10.

-edit-
    Actually, considering you would have to sacrifice berserk recast merits (or DA, but who would be that crazy?) for this, I think even -10 damage per merit would be balanced.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-27-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacont View Post
    If you have any other ideas for Defense/Utility, feel free to post away.
    Okay, just to make sure I don't offend anybody, this is a joke.
    • Blood Letting
      Allowed to attack party members. All damage done heals target party members instead.
      Duration: Three minutes.
    (0)

Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    That would look pretty ridiculous. Haha.
    You think? I bet SE could make it look decent enough. They would have to go in and retool the animation anyways. Could add a little extra style to each race while there doing it.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Okay, just to make sure I don't offend anybody, this is a joke.
    • Blood Letting
      Allowed to attack party members. All damage done heals target party members instead.
      Duration: Three minutes.
    lol I like that idea.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast