Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Heavy Metal Plates

ONE THOUSAND and FIVE HUNDRED heavy metal plates.
    My buddy Derrill and I just finished climbing both Jeuno and Ziltart Void Watch NM trees.We have access to NMs that drop Heavy Metal Plates.I have two Empyrean Weapons but I had only planned to finish one to level 99, GA.We joined a Qilin group, we killed 8 with all procs capped etc with a very professional group.No Heavy Metal Plates dropped in my treasure.
    Even if FIVE had dropped, and you are lucky enough to get FIVE per real life day, thats is still THREE HUNDRED days to finish the stage.To buy it? You have all worked out the maths, on Sylph plates are 100k each, so that's 150MILLION gil for one stage.I will not farm it.I have 3 toons 100+ crafts, I will not pay for it.Gana finish my Bravura.With FFXIV a laughing stock of the MMORPG industry and with games like Stars Wars online coming out, and lord knows what epic amazing game has yet to make history, why the hell are they making a game so difficult? It makes no financial sence.Anyways SE are odd, they need to start listening to their customers and not their in house psychologists, as psychologists merely study what has already happened. What you guys doing? Or what ya'll thinking?
    (1)

I Agree. I only play VW for the fun factor, and not for the drops. If you go in expecting 'your just due' after so many runs you'll find your heart broken. My only assumption for the low drop rate is

a) Balance the fairness between Emp and Relic weilders; although in My opinion Mythics have it the worse from jump street.
    b) To extend the intrest, to increase the game-play, and perhaps force ppl to come back for more out of fustration to say "There I done it! I am glad that's off the table from my to-do list. Now what else is there to do?"

Are these good reasons? I'll leave that up for everyone to decide.
    (0)
    Last edited by Glacont; 11-20-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    People seem to feel justified that Emps are now harder to get to 95 than relics.

Still, if anything needed balancing out it was Mythics. I'd die for a Ryunohige or a Conqueror, but as of right now it would take me about 3 years to finish one, and probably around 7 for both.

I think, starting from absolute scratch, the minimum time to make a Mythic is 9 months? :\ That's if you buy 100% of all your Alexandrite, which as of right now on Asura, would cost 480,000,000g.

That's for 75.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 11-20-2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Typographical Error

Character
    Darkchris
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacont View Post
    I Agree. I only play VW for the fun factor, and not for the drops. If you go in expecting 'your just due' after so many runs you'll find your heart broken. My only assumption for the low drop rate is

a) Balance the fairness between Emp and Relic weilders; although in My opinion Mythics have it the worse from jump street.
    b) To extend the intrest, to increase the game-play, and perhaps force ppl to come back for more out of fustration to say "There I done it! I am glad that's off the table from my to-do list. Now what else is there to do?"

Are these good reasons? I'll leave that up for everyone to decide.
    Where was all this when relic holders were told to shut up and take the new content as it is after working years and years on their relics? I find it funny emp. holders who got theirs in a matter of days or a few weeks now want an "even" playing field.
    (4)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriscoffey View Post
    Where was all this when relic holders were told to shut up and take the new content as it is after working years and years on their relics? I find it funny emp. holders who got theirs in a matter of days or a few weeks now want an "even" playing field.
    Cool story, bro.
    (0)

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Did twelve Qilin and I got no plates, I got 3 boots and um a torque, my buddy got hq dagger, congrats Derrill.Did um 8 Uptala and I did get 10 plates.It's not about the length of time it's would take, it's the problem of doing the same thing everyday for a year.
    Picked up my Abaddon Killer last week and when it's Bravura I am done.Love my Ukkos tho gdi.
    Sure you can knock out Ukon in 4 lonoooog days but you need to help the rest of the static build their weapons too.
    Gona get access to Mythic but I won't buy Alex@10k. When salvage augs comes out, hopfully prices will drop.
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    My friend just finished his 95 Ukon, the key is to make gil and spend it on plates.

Most people are spamming events like Dynamis for 1.5-2mil a day and buying 15-20 plates a day. Add that to fishing gil, actually doing some Sky VWs and selling Abyssea items, a 95 emp isn't that far out of reach for anyone.
    (2)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well yeah man, hitting Dyna everyday past few weeks for my -1 needs.I leveled my band wagon BST like everyone else and all of that, sure as hell not making 2million a day EACH!!! but I'm happy with the income and selling my T's and O's, keeping Byne for final stage.I'm putting my relic before my empy 95, especially with our new GA WS coming out, Bravura is the best GA.As soon as I finish Brav, first thing I will do is finish Ukon, I hate having things unfinished.I just have a feeling I'll be snapping up plates for 20k each really soon.Congrats to your friend man, pretty cool.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirkan View Post
    ONE THOUSAND and FIVE HUNDRED heavy metal plates.
    My buddy Derrill and I just finished climbing both Jeuno and Ziltart Void Watch NM trees.We have access to NMs that drop Heavy Metal Plates.I have two Empyrean Weapons but I had only planned to finish one to level 99, GA.We joined a Qilin group, we killed 8 with all procs capped etc with a very professional group.No Heavy Metal Plates dropped in my treasure.
    Even if FIVE had dropped, and you are lucky enough to get FIVE per real life day, thats is still THREE HUNDRED days to finish the stage.To buy it? You have all worked out the maths, on Sylph plates are 100k each, so that's 150MILLION gil for one stage.I will not farm it.I have 3 toons 100+ crafts, I will not pay for it.Gana finish my Bravura.With FFXIV a laughing stock of the MMORPG industry and with games like Stars Wars online coming out, and lord knows what epic amazing game has yet to make history, why the hell are they making a game so difficult? It makes no financial sence.Anyways SE are odd, they need to start listening to their customers and not their in house psychologists, as psychologists merely study what has already happened. What you guys doing? Or what ya'll thinking?

for every guy going 0\5 plates there's one going 5\5 on pouches.
    (1)

Character
    Axedat
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Eh..you know I mean pouchez, this aint the RDM thread, where they are forced to speak in the literal sence, and pick on one word for gain say and go completly off topic.Pull yourself together! I said Qilin man, Qilin.Nobody gets a pouches every t3 Ziltart kill.
    But anyways, with the delay of the lvl 99 Empy trials it takes the pressure off a bit?
    I hope the new VW will drop plates
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast