Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 99 Too Soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Not soon enough originally level 99 was going to be last December.
    Couldn't agree more. We were at 90 for way too long. The sooner we finish this awkward middle ground of leveling the better.
    (0)

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    In reality it would have been a whole lot better if they didn't wait several years to move the cap past 75 (and then they could have spaced things out more evenly and we probably wouldn't be having discussions like this).
    Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I've only been playing about a year now so, for me it feels like "aaaaaah too much at once" but I do realize for you vets it's an overdue paycheck, and it seems most who have responded are those who have been playing far longer than I.
    (0)
    ara ara

The Sooner we hit 99 the sooner true endgame content can follow.

I'm happy with this.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Only problem is that their not balancing things out before moving up again. Increasing level caps cuts both ways, on one hand it allows you room to balance out the game, something that was over/under powered at 90/95 might not be at 99. On the other if its moved too fast then you end up stuck in a situation where content is made irrelevant too fast.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    VW was generally irrelevant in the first place.

You could use sets that don't include any piece from VW and no one would be the wiser.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Only problem is that their not balancing things out before moving up again. Increasing level caps cuts both ways, on one hand it allows you room to balance out the game, something that was over/under powered at 90/95 might not be at 99. On the other if its moved too fast then you end up stuck in a situation where content is made irrelevant too fast.
    Basically rather we move slow or fast, Armor will be outdated with a Level cap increase.

In my eyes, the sooner we hit 99, The sooner/more than can focus on Balancing everything and fine-tuning, and less on getting to 99.

Also the sooner i have to stop worrying about gear becoming outdated. I know they'll release better armor in the future, But right now its pretty much "Yah, This dagger looks nice, but in 5 levels it'll be crap"... See: Triplus Dagger, Twilight Knife, Auric Dagger, so forth

I think it'll work out
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 11-20-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Character
    Rhianu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    New Announcement!

The level cap is being raised to 110!
    (0)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I for one will be happy to xp one more time, then NEVER again.
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Considering it took them around 7 years to move past the 75 cap (which they said they'd never do btw) I say it's about damn time. Considering how much the jobs became unbalanced after the level rose, I would have rather they capped the levels at 99 sooner, not because of content or endgame but simply because balance has become such an issue it's almost pointless to try balancing the jobs if everything becomes unbalanced again the next update.
    (2)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I'm sorta disappoint in the way level cap increase was released to begin with. The level raise is to justify battle content but not all of us have interest in that sort of thing.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast