Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Karathrace
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Replies/Views/Help

So i have come to the conclusion that no-one really cares anymore in this game about others, it's become "Every man for him/her self", 2 posts on these forums, and rather reasonable and simple questions and no replies but plenty of views... so no-one has an answer
    And in-game Why is this even an MMO anymore? Simple things, like a gate breach when there are 30+ players in a zone and no-one wants to help
    Me thinks there are too many WoW-heads playing now. Whatever happened to helping one another in this game? Maybe i'm playing the wrong MMO if i need help from others
    (0)

Don't expect much from the Server-specific subforums here, as I'm assuming that's what you're pissed about (I had to go read your post history to even figure this out, so you may want to be a bit more clear). There are plenty of other websites with that functionality. People use these forums because the Devs read them, not in order to actually discuss the game with each other. For that, try FFXIAH, BG, Alla, or KI.
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Have you ever considered it might be you that isn't helping others? it takes multiple people to tango.

I see lots of people helping eachother all the time. You can't expect people to just help someone they don't know out of the blue without them being able to get something in return. This is why you forge frendships- so stuff like that isn't an issue. That said, you'll find it hard to make friends if you don't do anything for them and expect them to do everything for you.
    (3)

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Exactly you need to help others before you expect them to help you. Its the rare case where you will find someone willing to help you after a few shouts.

Why isnt your ls mates willing to help? Maybe your in the wrong shell.
    (1)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Think he might be one of those that keep asking for help even though people might be busy with thier own thing. As for the gate you do know that some of the people there are camping NMs with annoying pop times and might not want to give up 2 to 4 hours of camping just to come help you. Maybe they are exping and only have so long on the game to do what they need to or enjoy doing. Making post like the OP doesn't mke you look good either, makes you look like what we a lot of player hate about some people in the game. We all seen the person the ask for help over and over with out even bothering to see or consider people are busy. They are also the same that jump on LSes when they need something.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Reminds me of this dude you /ragequit off of my FL because one time he asked me for help when I was in the middle of fighting an ironclad. Apperently waiting was too much. lol
    As for the "gate breach" stated in teh OP. No one dose this anymore, not even the people who need it. They all go through the past maw.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpiusMaximus View Post
    So i have come to the conclusion that no-one really cares anymore in this game about others, it's become "Every man for him/her self", 2 posts on these forums, and rather reasonable and simple questions and no replies but plenty of views... so no-one has an answer
    And in-game Why is this even an MMO anymore? Simple things, like a gate breach when there are 30+ players in a zone and no-one wants to help
    Me thinks there are too many WoW-heads playing now. Whatever happened to helping one another in this game? Maybe i'm playing the wrong MMO if i need help from others
    You expect us to answer questions aimed towards the devs? Cause like 99.9999999% of the threads here are aimed towards the SE staff. No one really wants to treat these forums anything more than a feedback/questionnaire hangout spot. I guess that's alright and all but let me ask you and everyone else who's been posting gloomy threads lately this: Exactly at which point in your FFXI career did you come across nothing but helpful players? I've been playing for 7 and a half years and the community is just about the same as it's ever been. Very 'circle of friends' oriented. Very 'I'll team up if I get something' oriented. And lastly, very rarely 'I'ma help this total stranger' oriented.

People keep implying that FFXI players are this special bunch when it comes to helping people they don't know, to put down what they are doing to run to the aid of someone else. Someone who will probably never return the favor because it does take a special kind of someone to do what you suggest we've been doing all these years until recently. I ain't ever seen that on a mass scale to be considering it the norm. Just a little tired of the "what happened to this playerbase" threads that are designed to make people feel guilty about an issue that doesn't exist. Make your "this playerbase is too selfish" threads and the like, but please don't pretend we all once upon a time set aside our goals of attaining level 75 or end game gear or crafting or farming whatever to help someone. FFXI just isn't very friendly in that respect due to drop rates and the like. It's end game nature has molded us into what we are when logged in. You won't see that EQ family guild ideal here.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Reminds me of this dude you /ragequit off of my FL because one time he asked me for help when I was in the middle of fighting an ironclad. Apperently waiting was too much. lol
    As for the "gate breach" stated in teh OP. No one dose this anymore, not even the people who need it. They all go through the past maw.
    Think you still need to go though the gate to get behind one of them.
    (0)

Character
    Gennadi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmore View Post
    Think you still need to go though the gate to get behind one of them.
    Not anymore theres a miniquest you do in the past that allows you to warp up a level to get past the gate.
    Its completely soloable now.
    (0)

Character
    Ravenns
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Whats the name of the quest, and when did they add it?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast