Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Bug: BLU Thunder Breath amd Wind Breath

Again, this could just be a bug as the new spells and abilities don't seem to be fully implemented on the test server yet, but posting this anyway.

The Thunder Breath and Wind Breath spells are not affected by elemental affinity/elemental attack bonuses (e.g. those from atmas), which is different from all other BLU breath spells which are affected by this. This may or may not be a bug, but it is inconsistent with the behavior of all similar spells learned by players before this.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Elemental affinity and magic attack bonus have never had an effect on breaths
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    Elemental affinity and magic attack bonus have never had an effect on breaths
    I didn't say anything about magic attack bonus.

Elemental attack definitely does have an effect on at least some breath spells. Flying Hip Press (despite being radial AoE) deals breath damage (Damage = current HP / 3, unaffected by MAB/INT), but its damage increases when I use Atma of Gales.

However, others aren't affected, so I suppose it's not really a bug.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-26-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, no actual breaths are affected by any source besides HP, they have peculiar properties that aren't replicated by any other spell. Flying Hip Press being affected is odd, and what I would assume to be the actual bug.
    (0)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 11-26-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So an actual bug for Thunder Breath:

After the recent test server update, it now only does 2/3~ HP as damage rather than 100% of HP as dmg. I assume this is a bug as it is incredibly expensive and has no side benefits, and breath spells are already severely underpowered and have their damage cut into a fraction of what it normally does on any NM in Abyssea or Voidwatch. Surely this was not an intentional nerf.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    that's a rather extreme nerf if it's not a bug...
    (0)

Player
    I find it more believable that it was a mistake, honestly, even considering how nutty the Development Bros can be.

Cutting the spell's damage by a third while leaving the MP cost super-duper-stupid-crazy-high is a huge and lop-sided change that I can not make sense out of.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not to mention the spell doesn't come close to following any other breath convention now. Normal breaths all have their denominators set to 256 and also have level adjustments to help fit that model, Thunder Breath is now HP/1.4823.
    (0)

Player
    Sad to say this, but I just realized something. That new damage equation puts Thunder Breath vaguely in the neighborhood of Heat Breath in terms of MP efficiency, yeah?

Following the deranged and demented, moon-dwelling, gremlin-hallucinating, pants-on-head, the-trees-scream-the-name-of-a-triple-cheeseburger, killed-a-man-just-to-watch-Sanford-and-Son-reruns logic that the Development Bros love to apply...Thunder Breath may be perfectly balanced.

I suddenly feel ill.
    (2)