Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[dev1042] Level Cap Increase (BST Related)

I noticed this subject matter has not been touched upon yet. So, I need a career BST aficionado to explain something to me please.

Last I remember, there was a poll for all of you guys to help the Dev Team decide on a jug pet. This pet was "supposed" to be based on overall player feedback... Instead, it turned out they decided on an Adamantoise, Apkallu and by "popular demand"... A Hippogryph... Not a Scorpion... Devs must have a phobia of them.

But then... In the most recent job adjustment notes for the test server, there will actually be a 4th pet added to the latest entourage of jug pets. Because everybody loves froggies... Since these "unevolved" Poroggos typically have no TP attacks, I honestly don't know how Kermit is going to be of any use... What are you guys supposed to do with your "Sic" or "Ready" commands? (Which ever one is used for summoned jug pets... I'unno...)

So what I'm getting at is... Why are they implementing a frog rather than a scorpion? Why haven't any of you spoken up about this yet? Are Devs intentionally adding a frog for no good reason? Are they really listening to anything we have to say or disregarding player feedback?

This silly amphibian better Pokévolve into a full grown frog that can charmga all nearby enemies or something...
    (2)

Player
    I did a few runs on the test Sever with the new jugs. The TP Abilities have been disabled. (Seriously... what is the point of the test serve?)

Well lack of TP abilities aside I was generally unimpressed with the new jugs. Adamantoise Max HP seems to be around 4200. Has slow movement speed. He has decent melee stats however he is lacking Double attack and any other notable offensive traits so I guess he is PLD/RDM. Hippo's HP seems to be around 4900-5000. Hippo is just another version of Dipper, apart from higher HP and movement speed I did not see any notable gap in performance between the two of them. Based on the blank "Fire" based TP ability in his Ready List I assume he will get the Boost ability so only time will tell. Appkallu and frog are a complete and utter joke. Apkallu... there has to be something to this jug that I am missing. He has very slow movmemnt speed, he is mnk but will not always attack twice during an attack round, and his attacks are absolutely pitiful... Vs Amun Turtle is doing 150~190, Hippo is doing 110~130, the Apkallu is doing 40~45 and 100 crtical hits. Frog is a little better than Apkallu but that is not saying much, he has slightly higher attack speed but no where near enough to make up for his low attack rating, lack of TP abilites and lack of offensive traits.

New Pet food is available on test server:
    Pet Food Theta
    Level: 96
    MND 137
    recovers: 1911 HP
    No +Reward gear was used
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    A lot of us spoke out and is still waiting for a real clarifications from SE, but apparently they got their head caught in the sand and trying to pretend that we dont exists and will go away quietly.

Have a look:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-to-see-91-99
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    when they added the frog, they said it was kinda just a mascot pet... its not a serious type pet at all. someone suggested it during the poll, and I guess dev's liked the idea. It was announced that it would be available at level 23, and not a serious battle pet, but only added for fun.

its purchased from npc also, not crafted.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Hippogryph needs to be checked with fire damage. Fire spells were doing less that 100 a whole lot.
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    A lot of us spoke out and is still waiting for a real clarifications from SE, but apparently they got their head caught in the sand and trying to pretend that we dont exists and will go away quietly.

Have a look:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...e-to-see-91-99
    Oh yeah, I know there is an entire thread dedicated to how it got started and what happened after the poll. But I was mostly referring to why there hadn't been a more direct reaction to the matter. Such as a [dev1042] response. I'll admit I'm lazy and didn't feel like digging through PAGES of posts just to find the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    when they added the frog, they said it was kinda just a mascot pet... its not a serious type pet at all. someone suggested it during the poll, and I guess dev's liked the idea. It was announced that it would be available at level 23, and not a serious battle pet, but only added for fun.

its purchased from npc also, not crafted.
    But yeah, guess this is more the answer I was looking for. Nevertheless, thanks guys. The feedback was much appreciated.
    (0)

Player
    ~BST POWER~

Let your inner BEAST out!
    (1)

how is the apkullu doing the same dmg as mascot frog? That's pitiful.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, mascot frog is not currently capped at 40 like they first said. Its dd is comparable to the lvel 90 jugs... well at least its base damage is. I've not tested it vs high level pets yet. don't know what the attack range is.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    I noticed this subject matter has not been touched upon yet. So, I need a career BST aficionado to explain something to me please.

Last I remember, there was a poll for all of you guys to help the Dev Team decide on a jug pet. This pet was "supposed" to be based on overall player feedback... Instead, it turned out they decided on an Adamantoise, Apkallu and by "popular demand"... A Hippogryph... Not a Scorpion... Devs must have a phobia of them.

But then... In the most recent job adjustment notes for the test server, there will actually be a 4th pet added to the latest entourage of jug pets. Because everybody loves froggies... Since these "unevolved" Poroggos typically have no TP attacks, I honestly don't know how Kermit is going to be of any use... What are you guys supposed to do with your "Sic" or "Ready" commands? (Which ever one is used for summoned jug pets... I'unno...)

So what I'm getting at is... Why are they implementing a frog rather than a scorpion? Why haven't any of you spoken up about this yet? Are Devs intentionally adding a frog for no good reason? Are they really listening to anything we have to say or disregarding player feedback?

This silly amphibian better Pokévolve into a full grown frog that can charmga all nearby enemies or something...
    I can't believe you made anotehr thread for this. EVERY VOTE WAS ACCOUNTED FOR. It doesn't matter that the english forums have 50,000,000 votes for scorpion, that still only adds up to 1 tally for scorpion. They decided on popularity per forum, not by numbers of single votes. Doing so kept it fair. All you're doing is dragging it out, complaining, and wasting dev time. Making up some incidious plot that doesn't exist. Hippo won, it's done, get over it.
    The frog has nothing to do with any of this. It's a novelty item they added for novelty's sake only.
    (3)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast