Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How should I know? Plus, I'm not REALLY complaining, I'm not a BST. I'm not some bum who sits around and reads and replies to every post in forums. Look at my post count and look at yours. I have less important things to do, such as ask questions for you to troll. But thanks to you too I guess. I understand how the US Electoral College System works but... I still don't understand how they did the votes here. Perhaps you can elaborate.
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We'll use an arbitrary number, 50. So let's say the total number of votes for the scorpion on the english forums was the said number. We'll be arbitrary again and say the other got 30 and the hippogryph got 20. Now we'll continue this line and say in the JP forum it was 25 hippo, 20 other and 15 scorp and the other forums came up with 15 hippo, 10 scorp, 5 other.
    Now this DOSE NOT add up to 75 scorp, 55 other and 50 hippo. It adds up to; English scorp 1st, other 2nd and hippo 3rd, JP hippo 1st, other 2nd and scorp 3rd, and Other hippo 1st, other 2nd and scorp 3rd. Which gives you Hippo first and scorp last. This is how they kept it fair. So simple with the forums that have smaller post counts get an equal say in the matter. As apposed to the english forums that have threads with counts higher then the other forum's total post count all together, because the people here can't shut up about about things like why relic should always be better then everything in the game just because if it's not, it would dimish their person achievement. This is the same reasoning why I say bickering and draging out the scorp is petty and a waste of time even though it lost fair and square.
    Nothing against you, just see it as yet another "why didn't you count our votes thread." They're becoming as incidious as the "let us change our names" threads. It seems you missed the guy who comes back and posts replys to himself demanding a dev go out of their way to answer him so he can fee justified in some way against sometihng that's already lost. Infact these are the same people who started the "are we just wasting our time" thread in the general disscussion because they couldn't figure out how the vote worked even though they were plainly told.
    (0)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Form my test Adamantoise is seem like to Slugs pet it's very high resistant to water base magic, I bring it try with VNM T2 Yacumama, It's get hit form nm en-water like 0-2 dmg (i use 1 food to kill this) , also it's very ideal pet to tank Krabkatoa, when i try it's very resist to bubble shower and also i really feel that it's resist to poison form venom shower, i think with Harden Shell it's may bet for nice tank pet in some case. too bad i run out of pet food (left only 3 when start fight it) else i think it's very possible to solo Krabkatoa with some of jug. The worst point of this turtle is it's movement speed is very slow, even no any movement speed i need to keep wait it.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I can't believe you made anotehr thread for this. EVERY VOTE WAS ACCOUNTED FOR. It doesn't matter that the english forums have 50,000,000 votes for scorpion, that still only adds up to 1 tally for scorpion. They decided on popularity per forum, not by numbers of single votes. Doing so kept it fair. All you're doing is dragging it out, complaining, and wasting dev time. Making up some incidious plot that doesn't exist. Hippo won, it's done, get over it.
    The frog has nothing to do with any of this. It's a novelty item they added for novelty's sake only.
    How does that "make it fair"?

Assuming that is the way they handled this, that was a very stupid way to do it. Especially considering that only one other forum even voted, and they only had 1-2 pages of (disagreeing) votes.

Also, I like how you bolded the statement that every vote was accounted for, then described a system in which every vote is not accounted for. If I could make it through your second wall of drivel I'm sure I could explain the fallacies in it too, but I'm not doing that to myself on a Saturday.

Regardless, I bet the Hippogryph will be cool and I'm certain the Turtle will be an interesting tank. The fact just remains that the poll thing was very unfair, and if it's brought up I will always reiterate that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selzak; 11-20-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Just wanted to pass along some additional information on the new familiars.

Toad: Level 23. There are no abilities that can be used. Seems like the attack delay is the same as a level 76+ pet, making me think the real level is around 75.
    As we have mentioned previously, when considering that this pet is supposed to just be a mascot-type pet, it’s planned to be the cheapest of all familiars. Following this, we feel like the current stats are not really appropriate.

Apkallu: Level 76, monk type. Only able to use Beak Lunge and Wing Slap. I would really have liked to use Yawn and Frigid Shuffle. Pretty disappointed as this is the first bird type pet. Are you making adjustments and planning to add this later?
    We are planning to make this a pet that is easy to obtain and will be balancing its power accordingly (Planning to make it cheaper than Yuly).

With that said, we believe it would be too overpowered for it to have Yawn and Frigid Shuffle.

Hippogryph: Level 86, thief type. Triple Attack activates as normal. Able to use Jettatura, Choke Breath, Back Heel, and Fantod. Really happy with the stats, but disappointing that they can’t use the Dispel ability, Nihility Song. I feel like the regular attacks powered up by Fantod are stronger than Back Heel. Was this adjusted making it weaker? Also it shows that Back Heel requires one charge, but it actually takes two. Is this a test server bug?
    Back Heel requires one charge, Fantod requires two.
    We felt Nihility Song was a bit overpowered, so we removed it. Apologies!
    Jettatura completely ignores resists currently, so we are planning to adjust this. There is also a chance that we remove it completely.

Adamantoise: Level 96, high attack power, high defense, and slow. Definitely a turtle. Can use three abilities: Harden Shell, Turtle Stomp, and Aqua Breath. Does not have access to Head Butt, Tortoise Song, or Earth Breath. Turtle Stomp is just a normal physical weapon skill. Was it only certain NMs that had the added effect of defense down? Breath is capped at 400. While you can’t use the abilities for kited battles, seems like this guy makes a good tank.
    We are planning to make a couple adjustments and we’re also thinking about strengthening Aqua Breath.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "We are planning to make this a pet that is easy to obtain and will be balancing its power accordingly (Planning to make it cheaper than Yuly). ""

How can I say this politely. What a %*#^$*#^ comment. Every jug is cheaper then Yuly. Congrats, easier to obtain is less then 100k a stack lol? I hope you meant the sheep. I am going to assume that you didn't mean Yuly because that would be a very dumb move on SE's part.

Jugs are Bsts main weapon, they should never ever be over 20k a stack.
    (9)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

As we have mentioned previously, when considering that this pet is supposed to just be a mascot-type pet, it’s planned to be the cheapest of all familiars. Following this, we feel like the current stats are not really appropriate.

We are planning to make this a pet that is easy to obtain and will be balancing its power accordingly (Planning to make it cheaper than Yuly).

With that said, we believe it would be too overpowered for it to have Yawn and Frigid Shuffle.

Jettatura completely ignores resists currently, so we are planning to adjust this. There is also a chance that we remove it completely.

We are planning to make a couple adjustments and we’re also thinking about strengthening Aqua Breath.
    No offense to Camate but these are a bunch of nerfs akin to getting a lump of coal in a well dressed box.

So the Toad is going to be stripped of any melee capability for the sake of being a mascot-type pet. Ok, why isn't this just a job emote then? The pet will have absolutely no practical purpose if stripped down further except to eat inventory slots.

Can a mascot not fight back?
    Can't players just pick the pet they like the most and make it their mascot?

This makes no sense, especially coming off the scorpion and ruszor being snubbed which were equally wanted by players.

@Apkallu - Cheaper than Yuly pretty much means within the range of a number of other pets which is pretty much anything between 4k/stack to 50k/stack. Ok, fair enough.

Why is Yawn "overpowered"? Nazuna has Sheep Song which is not only the same element as Yawn but also doesn't require facing the Apkallu to land. This is simply confusing given previous decisionmaking.

Frigid Shuffle "overpowered"? Again this requires facing the Apkallu, the paralyze effect isn't very special compared to other classes and it'd most certainly be set at 2-3 charges. How is this ability even noteworthy?

@Hippogryph

Nihility Song is dispel ability and is limited to a Ready timer and TP, how exactly is this overpowered especially given the decision to give Puppetmaster a dispel attachment and the ability to use Dispel via the automaton? Is the timer, TP requirement and decision to give up damage (by not using Fantod/Back Heel) balancing force enough?

These overpowered abilities are just confusing.

@Turtle

Removing Head Butt is confusing. Wouldn't that help tanking if that's where this jug is supposed to be used? The ability to use a faux-bash everytime you've got TP up isn't exactly amazing when compared to other classes.
    (22)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tawnee
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    "it would be/was too overpowered" is becoming the new "ps2 limitations"
    (10)

Wait a sec... did we just trolled? There trying to justify the apkallu being crap by saying it will be cheaper then dipper? That Sir does not sit well with me. Then they might remove Jettatura because it works? unlike feral howl that will never work when it could actually help. /sigh SE
    (9)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

I...um...I....Iiiiiiii...um...I... I don't understand.
    (6)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast