Player

Is Ebisu worth it?

Is Ebisu worth it?

How much faster can you fish up a target with the Ebisu than the Lu Shang's? Noticebly faster, much faster, barely?

Given the 1% drop rate on 2 different required items, and given said advantage over the LS (if that's even the case), should SE increase the drop rate of the required items?

The idea here is not taking challenge away from FFXI, it's just questioning whether the reward is worth the effort.
    (0)

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    it absolutely is, yes. fish are a little easier, and on big, nasty fish, you can an extra 10 seconds to fight.

SE doesn't need to increase the drop rate. some people go 1/4, others go 1/1000 on the fish. (when i was running the numbers years ago, when less people had ebisus and titantictus.com was still active, the average was 1/138 for liks and 1/330 for gugs)
    (0)

Character
    Ladiebird
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree, Ebisu deffinately worth getting. The fact it is unbreakable is huge.

I was one of the unlucky ones, went over 1000+ on liks. Was a happy day when I finally got my Rod.
    (0)

Character
    Effilil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I think it is worth it, even though I'm still trying for opal silk from Liks.
    I think Ebisu is like the magian trial weapons...it may seem like a dauntingly fruitless task, but the end result is worth the effort
    (0)
    Windhurst for life!

smn 90 / whm 90 / blu 90
    blm drg and bst on the way up there

Character
    Blizzy
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I personal find ebishu was well worth the time and effort. The big thing that made it worthwhile for me was I am a established bonecrafter not woodworking. And those almighty likks love to snap a lu shang rod. I belive me tinkil and twinki snapped our rods 10 times a day each on avrage. When we all finished our ebishu not haveing to carry light crystals anymore gives you that +1 more invintory. Which is room for more fish. And Matysa fish still yet to be introduced to the inside the belly quest. Is one of the toughest fish to land in the game.
    (0)