Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    You've never seen a 95 run around without AF3 before?

Well, if you count the NQ then I guess that's fine.

Regardless, instead of ... playing ... in a do-over... of old zones... you'd rather us .... play in the old zones...?

Something is wrong here.

Think about this for a moment, then get back to me.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Why would the DEV upgrade relic but not artifact? What was the purpose of upgrading af2 to af2+2? That same logic should be applied to af1, the idea is to make them more useful and redo the old content to bring it up to the 99 cap, but really it's not about OUR gear, it's about THEIR zones. They want you to go back and reuse dynamis zones, but they won't invest time into redoing af1 because they feel homam is going to be a big enough draw to get you back into limbus.

I'm paying money for a game and I want the stuff done right, upgrade the af1 or dont upgrade anything I hate being insulted by SE. The more open this dialog is with the DEV the more I realise why people are being pissed off and taking their money elsewhere, this isn't about Cure V, or this or that this is about why the heck would you be so freaking cheap about skipping af1, yet doing af2? I don't care if af1+2 came out last, as long as it comes out.

Personally, and I hate to say this because I love this game and I'm afraid if I really say how I feel someone is gonna agree with what I said and then quit, which makes the end of my favorite MMO that much sooner, if they don't want to invest the money to redo af1 then we probably won't see anything 'new' ever, and last stand or vw isn't what 'new' i'm talking about.

I'm flipping mad right now, I didn't complain that much they rushed 76-99, and made some of the gear/content they introduced out dated almost as soon as it came out, I gave VW a chance, I'm willing to do the last stand, I'll wait for new real content/end game, but now I'm getting irrate. Someone came up with the whole evolith system, tell me that didn't bomb and it's extensive, yet they won't redo af1???

P.S. I'm doing a Concordia for my manequinn now just because my buddy's decided to kill all the fomor kings. SE had time to implemeant this system, and while it can probably use a revision also, AF1deserves/demands priority.
    (1)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 11-27-2011 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    You've never seen a 95 run around without AF3 before?

Well, if you count the NQ then I guess that's fine.

Regardless, instead of ... playing ... in a do-over... of old zones... you'd rather us .... play in the old zones...?

Something is wrong here.

Think about this for a moment, then get back to me.
    Someone likes to be spicy just because...

Why should they add some extra zones when people don't use the ones that already exist? Can't someone post their opinion without someone being a jerk about it? -_-

If you would like something added to this game that you think people would enjoy, feel free to make your own forum thread about it.
    (1)

Character
    Joleen
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Getting AF upgraded through a quest, or trial could potentially take just as much time, or longer than collecting new gear. So you still have to "go out and get it". I'd love new gear as well, but what's so hard with slapping some magian trial to old forgotten gear to make it more relevant?
    (1)
    The Doctor Said I Wouldn't Have So Many Nosebleeds If I Kept My Finger Outta There

Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    Someone likes to be spicy just because...

Why should they add some extra zones when people don't use the ones that already exist? Can't someone post their opinion without someone being a jerk about it? -_-

If you would like something added to this game that you think people would enjoy, feel free to make your own forum thread about it.
    I don't use the zones that currently exist because I used them for 8 years and they're honestly not interesting any more.

Straight up. Sea (as an example) is boring. I've spent more hours in Sea than some posters here have played at all. I don't want to have to go back there again for new crap. I want to go somewhere new. I don't want to have to do limbus for the 345094575656th time because the gear I need at level 99 suddenly drops from the zone.

This is where you get the disconnect. If you're not absolutely sick of Sky, Sea, Dynamis, or Limbus, how long were you doing them pre-patch? Because, honestly, it seems more like the people who never really Endgame'd it up are ones who want this gear to be useful so that they have a reason to do old content that they never did before. But those of us who spent far too many hours sitting around in Apollyon don't want to go back, especially for armor that's actually worthwhile. We want something that's legitimately new. Upgrading Artifact Armor is the exact opposite of that.

Sure, I'm damn sure that most of these forums can't sympathize with me about how infuriating the thought of spending one more second in Sea is, but so what? Homam, WS Gorgets, Nashira, shit is still worth getting. No amount of reward is going to magically make these zones more popular among experienced players (you know, the ones who actually leave port jeuno on a regular basis). They will still be empty - just slightly less empty with a smattering of full perle BSTs.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I don't use the zones that currently exist because I used them for 8 years and they're honestly not interesting any more.
    Okay, if that's the way you feel, why not put forth some ideas that reflect what you want in this game, and rely on your nigh-decade long expertise for it, instead of tearing down other people's ideas with blown-out-of-proportion remarks?

You've said your piece, and since you obviously disagree, come up with something better/more relevant. We all play the same game, after all... shouldn't we all try to come up with ideas that would work out together?
    (1)

Okay, if that's the way you feel, why not put forth some ideas that reflect what you want in this game, and rely on your nigh-decade long expertise for it, instead of tearing down other people's ideas with blown-out-of-proportion remarks?

You've said your piece, and since you obviously disagree, come up with something better/more relevant. We all play the same game, after all... shouldn't we all try to come up with ideas that would work out together?
    Unfortunately for you, I don't have to "propose my own ideas" in order to dislike yours. I don't care to waste development time on upgrading level 50 armor that we obtained 6 years ago, only to have it used as an excuse when we don't see legitimate new content.

All of the "New" stuff we're lined up to get for the next few months is just a rehash/expansion of old stuff. Some of that old stuff was actually fun, so I don't mind, but AF1? Limbus? Anything sea-related can just go to hell. It's not like it really matters, the Devs already said there were no plans to dick around with AF1 so I'm happy with that.
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We do not have any concrete plans for artifact armor upgrades. If we were to implement them it would be around the time when we adjust Limbus content. However, we feel that Homam and Nashira adjustments take a higher priority, so we can’t make any promises.
    Again, you're getting argumentative. I'm not forcing you to do anything, merely suggesting. Read the above before you make comments like that, please.
    (0)

Again, you're getting argumentative. I'm not forcing you to do anything, merely suggesting. Read the above before you make comments like that, please.
    Are you intentionally ignoring the mooglespeak subtext there? The Devs haven't even started on things they said they would definitely do 6 months ago. I wouldn't get your hopes up just because they said they "Really aren't planning to do it, but might maybe sorta if we get it done before January"
    (0)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm not taking anything they said out of context. They are thinking about it.

Either way, this would be a proper debate if you actually had an idea of your own, but I won't press the issue. In your previous post, you said that the "new" content is just re-done stuff, so why are you bashing an AF upgrade thread when you can just bash a "New (Actually Old) Content" thread?

Edit: By "new" content, I mean zones, battlefields, endgame, etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 11-28-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast