Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

On Artifact Armor.

Now that they are reworking Relic Armor, I was wondering if the same would be done for the Artifact Armor it was aesthetically based off of.

It's not a very difficult concept, but problems would be limitations or necessity. Would anyone want their original Artifact Armor to be upgraded using a similar method to Relic Armor? So that there are 3 sets of gear that encompass how a job plays, or just to look different while still performing effectively in a group/solo setting?

Now, due to Artifact being easier to get, the trials would probably be more difficult for the NQ Artifact than NQ Relic. The Artifact +1 would share the same "ease" as the Relic +1 pieces because they share the same acquisition method.

Any thoughts on this? I know Relic is a pain, but what about the people who spent many hours/weeks/months on their Artifact Armor +1 pieces?

Thank you for your time.
    (3)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 11-19-2011 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Months!

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    this was the original plan anyway im sure
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    Any thoughts on this? I know Relic is a pain, but what about the people who spent many hours/weeks on their Artifact Armor +1 pieces?
    Who? I got mine by doing Limbus, and I darn sure wasn't doing limbus for +1 AF gear. But I got just one done, THF feet, so I could use and get another NQ to store the set. Not exactly a lot of time spent there trying to attain +1 armor. It just came to me on it's own good time.

I rather they give us more new gear than fool around with old tired looking AF gear.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    Any thoughts on this? I know Relic is a pain, but what about the people who spent many hours/weeks on their Artifact Armor +1 pieces?

Thank you for your time.
    Its 2 Limbus a Week as it stands i have a full Set Dancer AF+1 that didn't take Hours or Weeks it took Months.... But i would like Upgrades on these!

Though i would wish that +1 was neded before Trials im aware that could take to long.

But AF upgrades will not happen until Limbus fixes.... after Einherjar i guess or something.
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Who? I got mine by doing Limbus, and I darn sure wasn't doing limbus for +1 AF gear. But I got just one done, THF feet, so I could use and get another NQ to store the set. Not exactly a lot of time spent there trying to attain +1 armor. It just came to me on it's own good time.
    ^ Then I suppose what I said about spending time on it doesn't apply to you. lol

Other people, like Eri, did work hard on it, and it seems unfair to leave them in the dust when they worked just as hard as someone trying to +1 their Relic Armor.
    (0)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I too would like to see something like this
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Honestly I rather have them make new sets then rehash old ones. I don't see why people are so attached to their old gear. Relic upgrades aren't turning out so well they seem to be worse the empyrean gear.

Give me something new that's better then what I currently have, not rehash old gear with a bunch of tedious magian trials.
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Have we seen any examples of gear yet? That would be the deciding factor, and since they are upgrading Relic already, my point is more toward the people who have already done +1 Artifact.

With new gear there is the matter of keeping it somewhere. With a full Relic/Artifact Armor set, you can just store it when you don't need it, freeing up space, I guess. I'd rather have something old and storable that I can make better (better enough to compete with other sets, that is) instead of getting something new.

What I'd really like to see is the stats. Will upgrading old armor sets be worth it? Are we going to get +1% Cure Potency? 1 STR? 1 Enhancing Magic skill? Those kind of possible Random-Synergy-Augements-Now-Static-Upgrades are exactly what myself and others are afraid of, and if that's the way it's going to be, I'm all for new gear, even if it's not storable.
    (0)

Player
    there should add something like that cause getting relic+3 gonna be a pill IF nobody is helping others cause some people on my server never helps and then when they need help they complain on about nobody helps them -.- and i wonder why
    (0)

Don't bother.

People will just bitch and moan that their LEVEL FIFTY ARMOR FROM FIVE YEARS AGO isn't better than Empyrean+2 and Voidwatch gear after it's augmented.
    (6)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast