Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

When we run out of things to spend merits on...

I'm sure a lot of people have the issue of maxed exp/limit/merit points and nothing to do with the remainder.

I think there should be an option once this has been reached to convert anymore exp to HP/MP.

for example say i kill a mob and i am rewarded with 200 exp for the kill, when i'm fully capped on exp/limit/merits i am instead rewarded with 50% exp for HP (100HP) and 25% MP (50MP), this is not overpowered, provides that extra help with survivabilty and gives people a reason to keep their exp/limit/merits maxed at all times without feeling its going to waste.

let me know what you think.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd much rather be allowed to convert merit points into experience points for other jobs. Even if it was at a 10/1 ratio, like one merit point could be converted to 1000 xp on a lower level job.
    (3)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Or could do nothing with it.... merits is just another forum of expending experience points. In any RPG or MMO, you're bound to hit the point where you longer gain anything other than items and/or money. There's no reason to give us anything other than additional things to merit and not re-purposed for anything other than intended.
    (3)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Player
    Although the wording is vague, the Development Bros' plan for merits between now and Tier III may be for us to apply them to our trousers in order to increase the trouser-power within their fantastic fabrics:

Two upgrade stages will be available, each offering the following augmented attributes:

Stage 1: Item-related augments
    Stage 2: Merit point-related augments

Edit: Or not. There was a post with much clearer language about what the equipment will do.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 11-23-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinius View Post
    I'd much rather be allowed to convert merit points into experience points for other jobs. Even if it was at a 10/1 ratio, like one merit point could be converted to 1000 xp on a lower level job.
    ok lets say you do that until the point where all your jobs are all leveled, you dont know how to play them because you didnt actaully play that job and once again ur maxed on all exp/limit/merits... ur still gonna need something to do then
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

EXP has never been "something to do" anyways. It's an ancillary benefit to real activities now, and in the past it was just a means to keep your jobs from deleveling after doing those real activities.
    (3)

Given how stupid easy XP is they should just give us scaleable bonuses from the moogle that cost 20-60 merits and last 1 week. Having one time earned merits just does not fit with the ease of XP now. I guess if they do indeed let us put merits onto gear that will work too though.

in the past it was just a means to keep your jobs from deleveling after doing those real activities.
    For about a year after reaching 75 meriting was my main endgame activity on brd (and indeed something i took more seriously than sky when I joined a sky ls), I had well over 400 merits (gained over about 2-3 years) which I was proud of and meant something to me at the time. There were quite a lot of people that did no real endgame then too, as such meriting to high chain and being good at it was their endgame and reason to log in...aside from leveling other jobs.

Although this was when doing sky was something to boast about, since most didn't do any form of NM endgame.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Convert merits into void dust!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people have the issue of maxed exp/limit/merit points and nothing to do with the remainder.

I think there should be an option once this has been reached to convert anymore exp to HP/MP.

for example say i kill a mob and i am rewarded with 200 exp for the kill, when i'm fully capped on exp/limit/merits i am instead rewarded with 50% exp for HP (100HP) and 25% MP (50MP), this is not overpowered, provides that extra help with survivabilty and gives people a reason to keep their exp/limit/merits maxed at all times without feeling its going to waste.

let me know what you think.
    Or, they just give us more things to spend merits on, which they're going to.
    (0)

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    ok lets say you do that until the point where all your jobs are all leveled, you dont know how to play them because you didnt actaully play that job and once again ur maxed on all exp/limit/merits... ur still gonna need something to do then
    I am of the belief that people who want to play their jobs well will learn to play them well (and conversely, that people who are clueless will always be clueless) regardless of how they got the exp that brought their job from 1 to 95.

That aside though, how is my idea any different than afk abyssea leeching from 30 to 95?

But yes, you are correct, once all your jobs are at 99, the points would still go to the void.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast